No announcement yet.

your first time to a nude beach whose idea was it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being the only one who walks around sans clothes in the house (when proper), it was definitely my idea. Also, since I retired, I definitely am nude mostly around the house and put something on when others, other than my wife is around. I can't wait for the sunny days to return. We have had a lot of rain this winter so the clouds were out in force. For the past 2 years, I have been able to obtain a nice all over tan, but then comes the winter months. I am hoping to visit a resort this year, but there are a lot of issues (family health) that keeps us close to home. Like I said, I skinny dip all the time and the back yard is my haven, so I am able to get the tan. I am happy with that as the alternate.

Comment

Have yet to be at an official nude beach but have made my own unofficial one many times. Have been alone for some, accompanied by family at other times, and I was usually the only one who was nude. Spent a Fourth of July night some years ago at a popular beach in our area and my wife and I were nude the entire night. When approached by some other beach goers, we just covered what needed to be covered and entered into the conversation. We probably did not have to cover up, but did not want to cause any unwanted attention.

Comment

Since my last post nearly four years ago, I have been to Denny-Blaine Park in Seattle. At this writing my first and only visit to a beach where nudity is accepted. It was a sunny afternoon in August and the beach was not overly crowded, but there was a mix of those who came with swimwear and those who were fully nude. I was alone, did not start any conversations, nor was I approached by anyone. I did enjoy the water but left after an hour and a half because I found the experience rather boring. If I get the chance to go back, I may be a bit more bold and approach someone for some conversation.

Comment

Thanks for the update after nearly 4 years. My experience has been that some people at nude beaches would like to talk to others, while the remainder prefer to be silent and not share much with others. That seems to be the case to a much greater extent than at nudist resorts. I do agree that without some conversation, the time at the beach can be lonely. However, for me, the chance to be nude in the sun with the breeze blowing, with occasional excursions into the water can make it a very fulfilling time. Every time there can be a different experience depending on who else is there.

Also, different beaches seem to have a different vibe, so it may be worthwhile, if it is possible to visit more than one. The friendliest I have found is probably Haulover in Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Palmer View Post
            It was totally my idea being I am a single male and that no one in my family or in my circle of friends were interested in going with me. It was in June of July of 1992. The venue was Black's Beach in La Jolla,C.A.

Ken Palmer
            Like Ken, it was my idea and also like Ken, I am a single male with no family or friends who are nudists.
            My first visit to Black's was also my first time being nude in public.
            You would think that would be something I would remember the exact date but I cannot even say for sure what year it was.
            I do know it was late summer and all the details as to what it felt like but I can only narrow it down to somewhere between 1978 and 1981.
            I parked at Torry Pines Beach and walked south from there to Black's.
            As soon as I came around the point onto the clothing optional section and saw all those nude people it took me less than a minute to get total nude and continue my walk along the beach.
            It felt both freeing and normal at the same time.
            Needless to say, I was hooked..

Comment

I've been to beaches that were remote or isolated enough to be nude and certainly enjoyed the opportunity to be nude with little fear of being a law breaker. It was definitely better when I was with others to share the experience. I'm not one to go to the beach just to lie in the sun. I need to be active so spend as much time in the water as possible. However, my opportunities for nude beach going have been on Lake Superior and staying in that water very long is not possible. I find the water temperature in Lake Washington in Seattle a bit warmer, but not by much and I usually do not get to Seattle in the summer.

Comment

I don't even remember the first time, I remember every times though, since it has always been so natural for me to go to the beach/resort.
                I've been a indoors nudist since I live alone. Now 51 yo.

Comment

Total accident. I was in high school in Los Angeles and a couple buddies and I were walking along Zuma Beach in Malibu and at the south end was a cliff jutting into the sea. It was possible to round it by climbing over large rocks. On the other side was a small but beautiful cove and most of the people were not wearing a swim suit. I think the place was called Pirate's Cove. Anyway, it is no longer nude, unfortunately. We went into the cove. I decided to undress and went body surfing. My friends kept their suits on. Being naked in the ocean was amazing as was the feeling of warm sand and sun on my full body while drying off. Since that day it has never felt quite right not to be nude at the beach!

Comment

I had been a nudist since my college years and had been to several resorts and a few beaches. So when my wife and I had met and had been dating about 5 months, we were going to Florida for a trip (part of the trip was for a family function). But having done some research beforehand, I found that Apollo Beach was a short drive away. So on our free day, we took a planned trip to Apollo Beach and I introduced her to the nudist lifestyle. She had never done it before, but quickly took to it and all these years later she loves being nude as much as I do! Our favorite part of any visit to a nude beach is walking hand in hand along the shore, totally naked!

Comment

Working...
                    X