Very Open at the Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Open at the Gym

I have read a lot of posts where people talk about prudes at the gym. I have been going to the Gold's Gym in Newburgh, NY and am happy to report that people are very open there. I have really only seen two guys who were freaky - one wore shorts into the shower (not swim trunks) and the other went into the steam room with gym shorts and a tank top on and then went into the shower the same way. Generally, though, the guys there are not fazed by their nudity in the lockeroom and are fine walking around, chatting, going into the steam room or sauna all nude. This goes for younger and older guys alike. Anyway, just wanted to report on an open minded group of people at the gym. :-)

Glad to hear it - maybe tide is changing

Comment

I am a member of a YMCA where the men are very comfortable nude. The Y has a men's activity center with a hot tub, sauna, and steam room. Every one in the activity center is nude, it is rare to find someone hanging out with swim trunks on.

There is no better way to finsh a workout than sitting in the hot tub in the buff. Since I joined about 2 years ago, I have met many friend while naked in the activity center. Not only do the men hang out and socialize in the hot tub and sauna, but there is also a TV room and workout area where men are nude too! It is a great way to relax and meet others while nude.

I have even started going during my lunch break just to relax and watch TV clothesfree. Great way to spend a lunch hour!

Comment

Great news - Maybe times are a changing - now if we could just get them to a nude beach.

Comment

Christian,

You didn't say in your post what time (or times) of day you usually use the gym.

Reason I mention it: My experience has been that in the very early morning (before most folks have to be at work) guys are far more likely to shower at the gym than go home to do so--although even then the percentage that DON'T shower publicly seems really high.

At other times of the day that I've worked out, fewer men use the gym showers. If I visit the gym around lunchtime or late afternoon I usually shower alone.

The facility I use is the family recreation center of a large Baptist church, where there is no swimming pool, no sauna, no steam room, no jacuzzi--just a small shower area. The shower room has six shower heads -- though the adjacent "drying off" area only has four (!) hooks for towels. Seems to me that whoever designed the place either had never used a gym or didn't anticipate many guys cleaning up at the rec center.

I suspect that the reason many of the guys who use the facility don't shower publicly has to do with their being of the Baptist persuasion (which i am not), since that denomination often tends toward a more puritanical/Victorian prudery regarding the naked human body.

But what I have also observed is that younger guys (say, your age or younger) are far less likely to be seen naked than the older dudes--regardless of denominational affiliation.

And while I would expect men at, say, a comparable Catholic facility to be more likely to shower, the only such facility of which I am aware in my area (Birmingham, Alabama) actually has even smaller bathing facilities set in a tiny locker area. I have no idea if anyone ever uses them.

Glad to hear of your experience.

Regards,
          --N

Comment

Nouvo:

Because of my work schedule I vary the times I attend the gym. As far as I am aware there isn't much of a difference throughout the day. Your story of the baptist gym is funny. I was talking to this guy at work yesterday - he is a bit younger then I - and he told me "I was washing my face after working out and I turned around and there were two naked dudes there." I said, "Well, it's a gym locker room, you're supposed to be naked." He just shrugged. :-)

Originally posted by nuovonudo:
            Christian,

You didn't say in your post what time (or times) of day you usually use the gym.

Reason I mention it: My experience has been that in the very early morning (before most folks have to be at work) guys are far more likely to shower at the gym than go home to do so--although even then the percentage that DON'T shower publicly seems really high.

At other times of the day that I've worked out, fewer men use the gym showers. If I visit the gym around lunchtime or late afternoon I usually shower alone.

The facility I use is the family recreation center of a large Baptist church, where there is no swimming pool, no sauna, no steam room, no jacuzzi--just a small shower area. The shower room has six shower heads -- though the adjacent "drying off" area only has four (!) hooks for towels. Seems to me that whoever designed the place either had never used a gym or didn't anticipate many guys cleaning up at the rec center.

I suspect that the reason many of the guys who use the facility don't shower publicly has to do with their being of the Baptist persuasion (which i am not), since that denomination often tends toward a more puritanical/Victorian prudery regarding the naked human body.

But what I have also observed is that younger guys (say, your age or younger) are far less likely to be seen naked than the older dudes--regardless of denominational affiliation.

And while I would expect men at, say, a comparable Catholic facility to be more likely to shower, the only such facility of which I am aware in my area (Birmingham, Alabama) actually has even smaller bathing facilities set in a tiny locker area. I have no idea if anyone ever uses them.

Glad to hear of your experience.

Regards,
            --N

Comment

Most guys at my gym are free showing their bodies. Many, in fact, have complained that the gym switched from an open shower to separate stalls. I have no trouble being naked in the locker room.

Comment

I always shower nude and walk to and from my locker to the shower nude after a swim. can't stand the chlorine on me. I'm not a member of a gym, so it's the swimming pool for me.

And, I think the reason more guys shower early in the morning is simple. They are probably visiting the gym before work, so rather than sit in sweaty clothes all day, they shower off. The ones who visit later in the day have probably finished work

Comment

Most guys shower naked in my local gym, but I have seen a couple shower wearing shorts, I think that is more weird than getting naked!
                  Some don't shower at all, just use loads of deoderent and put everyday clothes back on again, not very pleasant!
                  I alaways get naked first, put everyday clothes away, then put sports kit on, and strip off again afterwards for a shower and towel off before getting dressed again!
                  Nude regards
                  Mark

Comment

I agree totally, barebum. Showers with shorts??? I just can't figure it when I see it, as I often do.

Comment

Showering with shorts seems weird. I have always been nude whil showering. To each his own I reckon.

Comment

Posted by nudeinny:
                        Most guys at my gym are free showing their bodies. [Edited by Mod "NG" to reflect change to original].....
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the picture, but is there another phrase that you could use besides c***s? Definately not a term used on this site when describing the male genatalia.

Comment

Yeah, a strange one. There are so many other words you could use...

Comment

Originally posted by nudeM:
                            Posted by nudeinny:
                            quote:
                            Most guys at my gym are free showing their -----. .....
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the picture, but is there another phrase that you could use besides ----? Definately not a term used on this site when describing the male genatalia.

Thank you nudeM, I too, did not like coming across that choice of words when I read through this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DenitaLC:
                              Thank you nudeM, I too, did not like coming across that choice of words when I read through this thread.
                              I didn't know what word to use when I posted earlier, so I settled on just saying full frontal. But I suppose penis is the best one really

Comment

Working...
                              X