Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why hardly any naked ladies on nudist beaches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why hardly any naked ladies on nudist beaches?

I recently visited nudist beach in Australia. One of them was Lady Bay Beach in Sydney, whilst the other was Alexandria Bay in Noosa. I was amazed to find that of the people nude, about 95% of them were men. THere were only a small handful of nude ladies. Why is this? Are all nudist beaches like this? I never stripped nude myself though, didn't feel comfortable about there being so many men. Would have felt much better if there was more a fair mix of sexes, would have been a little easier on the eye too. Plus the Sydney beach was situated on a tourist walk too, so there were many gawpers looking down at the beach.

I'll get round to getting nude in public soon, just have to find the right darn place though.

I recently visited nudist beach in Australia. One of them was Lady Bay Beach in Sydney, whilst the other was Alexandria Bay in Noosa. I was amazed to find that of the people nude, about 95% of them were men. THere were only a small handful of nude ladies. Why is this? Are all nudist beaches like this? I never stripped nude myself though, didn't feel comfortable about there being so many men. Would have felt much better if there was more a fair mix of sexes, would have been a little easier on the eye too. Plus the Sydney beach was situated on a tourist walk too, so there were many gawpers looking down at the beach.

I'll get round to getting nude in public soon, just have to find the right darn place though.

Comment

Sad [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] to say Mark,

You guys out number us females to the tune of about 10 to 1 even here in the USA...still trying to figure that one out myself Green scratches her head over this one... Other than maybe it has something to do with the way we females percieve ourselves in the mirror...come to think of it, I have a full length one myself, and the first thoughts (uncontrolled that is, is "Gee, I look fat") and technically by most standards I really am not [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ...and the other reason has to do with the ways guys have a way of looking at us when we are naked [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif[/img] ...and after going to enough places, I can understand too why a lot of females prefer to stay covered up. So not to blame anyone person, but a group of people...I can see why a lot of females prefer to stay home or wherever they are instead of flocking to the beaches [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Greensunshine [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by naked_Mark:
        [qb]I'll get round to getting nude in public soon, just have to find the right darn place though.[/qb]
        My advice is to go to mainland Europe where you'll generally find the mix more even because, I think, Europeans have to a large extent got over the nudity=sex thing.

Suitable places are the coast of Holland which has some 20 nudist beaches in the stretch between The Hague and Den Helder and are all identified (as FKK) on notices/maps which are sited at the main entrance to any beach. France has a strong tradition of nude beaches. There's plenty down the Atlantic coast. And Spain also has many fine nudist beaches where male/female nudist/non-nudist all mingle happily together.

Rik

Comment

This is real easy to answer.... women are taught to be lots more concious of their body image than men. It is shoved down out throats all the time, in magazines, on TV. This is why most anorexics are female. Because of this most women are afraid to leave the house without makeup, much less go to a nude beach and strip off. Men can get a bit pushy at public beaches too so many women prefer private nudist clubs where behavior is monitored. Another factor is religion. More women than men are deep into religion and most religions teach that nudity is bad.

Comment

When the conditions are right, there is a reaonably even mix of men and women. I think particularly of Wreck Beach in Vancouver, Little Beach on Maui, Haulover Beach in Miami.

These beaches are well recognized and accepted as clothing-optional and they are busy. In most cases, there are nudist "police" who are on the lookout for inappropriate behavior, including excessive gawking.

Women feel safe in these places, and not the center of attention, in both cases because the beaches are busy. Families also feel safe here.

My favorite clothing-optional beach in the world is in British Columbia. In fact, it is not a beach, but a dock, sticking out into a very small lake.

The dock is used mostly by locals. There's an even mix of sexes, nude vs clothed and sexual orientation. On any given day, you'll find babies, kids, teens, adults and seniors -- all ages getting along extremely well.

In particular, you'll see single moms with youngsters, lesbians, hippie couples, small groups of teens (mix of clothed and nude), local characters and the odd mind-boggled tourist.

The dock is only about 30 x 7 feet. On occasion, I have seen 25 people jammed together on it, literally cheek to cheek.

Everyone is tolerant of everyone else -- the perfect example of how nudity should be accepted in the everyday world.

Gary

Comment

Greensunshine; I beg to differ my dear the 2000 census calculated that in the U. S. women have outnumbered men since the early 70s to the tune of 7 to 1. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I went to a nude beach just north of Perth (think that's Swanborne). There was about an equal number of men and women there on that day. Must have been about a hundred there, too.

One day on Fontane Bianche beach in Sicily, some Germans turned it into a nude beach (during a weekday). There was about an equal number of men and women there, too.

At swim events in NJ and at a canude event, there was near an equal number of men and women.

At the odd nude beach here and there that I've been to, there are usually more men than women.

Ralph

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by nudist_in_Tn:
                  [qb]Greensunshine; I beg to differ my dear the 2000 census calculated that in the U. S. women have outnumbered men since the early 70s to the tune of 7 to 1. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [/qb]
                  What????

First, I believe she meant that at nudist events it seems that men outnumber women 10 to 1.

And I must beg to differ with your numbers. The US has maintained 48-53 females to every 50 males in the US for the last 70-80 years (excluding wartime). According to "The 2003 World Almanac And Book Of Facts" paperback edition (ISBN 0-88687-882-9), page 13. The figure labeled "Number of males per 100 females, by age, 2000" states the following numbers:

All Ages: 96.3 (that's 96.3 males to every 100 females)
                  Under 5: 104.8
                  Under 18: 105.2
                  18-64: 98.9
                  65+: 70.0
                  65-74: 82.3
                  75-84: 65.2
                  85+: 40.7

(Source: Bureau of the Census, U.S. Dept. of Commerce)

For all ages, 96.3 males for every 100 females yields 9.6 males for every 10 females or 51.92 females per every 50 males.

The figure on page 400 titled "Population, by Sex, Race, Residence, and Median Age, 1790-2000" (Source: Bureau of the Census, U.S. Dept. of Commerce) lists the split as approxmimately 138,054,000 men to 143,368,000 women.

The figure on page 400 lists census figures for 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980, 1985, then 1990 - 2000 annually. I can post all of the numbers if anyone is really just that interested!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sorry if I offended anyone, I just couldn't help myself. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Hope that helps!

bg

By the way, I'd like to see more women attending nudist events as well. I'd like to add my fiance someday. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Naked-Mark: I just got back to Australia and I
                    can relate to your experience. However, according
                    to the guide book we had, Lady Jane Beach is
                    predominantly gay. That would explain the
                    large male population. We went to Cobblers beach,
                    a favorite of several members of INA in Sydney.
                    It's a small isolated yet beautiful beach and
                    yes, males were in the majority. There were a
                    few females but it would be nice to have a better
                    representation for the good of naturism

Comment

Correction: I meant to say Lady Bay Beach.

Comment

I think the day of the week and probably the time of day are factors as well.

Back in the summer of 2000 I was on a business trip to Spain. With no more work to do my last day, plus the fact that I was to fly out in the late afternoon, I took the opportunity to visit the beach on the Mediterranean. I believe it was called La Playa de Vera but I could be wrong. The beach was predominately women and children. Slowly as the day progressed the age shifted from mothers and children to teenagers and college students. The gender also began to swing. While when I arrived I was in the minority, by mid-afternoon I saw the men take over. Just a thought.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Bartamus:
                          [qb]Naked-Mark: I just got back to Australia and I
                          can relate to your experience. However, according
                          to the guide book we had, Lady Jane Beach is
                          predominantly gay. That would explain the
                          large male population. [/qb]
                          Not really....some women are gay too.

Comment

I would like to clarify my data by saying that the estimated figures pertain to the nudist sector only and at both the clubs and beaches in my general area and this does include most of Oregon and Washington [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks. I was going to enquire about how to get to the Cobblers Beach in NSW, but if it's going to be mostly blokes on there what's the point.

Cheers for the suggestion about going to European beaches. I might try and visit one of the beaches in Holland sometime this Summer.

Anyone know what Brighton nudist beach is like? I could get there and back in a day trip. Please don't tell me that that's full of mostly blokes too?!

Comment

Working...
                              X