No announcement yet.

Why the age separation a nudist parks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the age separation a nudist parks?

I have two nice parks near me and I have noticed the lack of people from about 20 til about 45. I went to one this past Saturday and it was literally the owners' 15-16 year old son who wore those long trunks that go past the knee,myself(42 yo) then 25-30 people who seemed older than me. I know it is hard to guess many peoples' age but i can all but guarantee there was no one from 20-40. This isn't the first time I've noticed. Anyone know why?

I have two nice parks near me and I have noticed the lack of people from about 20 til about 45. I went to one this past Saturday and it was literally the owners' 15-16 year old son who wore those long trunks that go past the knee,myself(42 yo) then 25-30 people who seemed older than me. I know it is hard to guess many peoples' age but i can all but guarantee there was no one from 20-40. This isn't the first time I've noticed. Anyone know why?

Comment

I suspect it has to do with priorities. I remember with a new and growing family there was not much time to devote to relaxation or doing the things that I personally enjoyed. Family came first. Before and after fits with the age groups you mentioned.

Comment

When I was a member of a club in my 20's, there was hardly anyone of my age. Many people of my age group were in college, working, or did not have the money to join a landed club. Many were scraping by and trying to pay the rent, let alone the membership fees and gate fees.

Plus I found the club boring and had no actvities for people my age. So after a while I stopped going to nudist clubs. After swimming and tanning there was not much more that could be done there.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by nudebuckeye:
          I have two nice parks near me and I have noticed the lack of people from about 20 til about 45.

You will actually find that some of the nudist resorts offer a NON-senior discount on day fees, etc. The one we are going to next month in Idaho offers a 20% discount on day fees for people under 35......damn, I missed it by three years!

Hopefully more and more people will discover nude recreation and those gaps in generational users will diminish a bit. At least, that would be nice.

Dee

Comment

1) young people attend with their families.
            2) many teens feel too self-conscious during and post puberty - many stop coming (if they can) or stay clothed.
            3) media and peer pressure teach young adults body shame, and that image is everything
            4) once we reach our 30s we begin to get a better sense of who we are, and begin to accept our imperfections
            5) by our 40s we stop caring so much what anyone else thinks about how we look
            6) with the kids grown we can get away on weekends and can afford the whole resort thing

Just a few generalities. I find that you find more exceptions when you visit larger clubs.

Do you have any interest in volleyball? The clubs with active volleyball programs attract a lot of younger nudists, and older ones who act young. The level of play can be very very high - there are some very serious volleyball athletes in nudism, but there are clinics for newbies and (at the larger clubs) you play in classes by ability level. Watching is fun too, even if you aren't a player.

-Mark

Comment

Excellent points Mark, I agree wholeheartedly with you on those! Great post!

I also agree with your statement on nudist volleyball...I have never played with a more serious group as I did one day on a OR beach with the locals there. WOW, those guys were die-hard.....it was a blast!

Comment

Agreed Mark. As a late-(gasp!)-20s person I can shed some light on these things too. I didn't get out to a beach till this year and it was 5000 miles from home. I didn't see many people my age on the beach either and here's one of the reasons. A lot of us are very busy building our nest egg and worrying about money, status, power, etc. I'm not as worried, because it seems to be too taxing and I like looking 10 years younger than I am. Anyway, in pursuit of money, many of us work 60-80 hours a week. In pursuit of power or status, many of us wouldn't be caught dead at a nude event, especially if it meant word would get back to those who can confer money, power, and status upon us.

I'm anonymous here and very few people know that I am nudist, in part because of the perception of the whole thing, and the lack of acceptance for it. And now in this day and age where everyone is alarmist about someone who does something different from the masses, it's even tougher. In my reality, I admitted going out to a c/o beach and everyone took it in stride and I've found it's much easier just to be myself.

However, in the pursuit of things, intangible and material, people in the 20s tend to lose sight of or not know who they are. They are still likely to be peer motivated not to go against the grain, and work far too much to "get ahead". I've found that the extra hours spent getting ahead make you forget about living in the present. Thus, you won't find many of us out there who are on the younger side.

Another aside --- we're also in pursuit of mates at these ages. We could likely be very much involved in making something work in a relationship with someone who might not see eye to eye with nudism. So, we work extra long, make our money, and spend it wooing someone who doesn't necessarily want us for who we are. You won't be seeing us around at clubs, then either. And if we go alone, and are guys, we might not get in.

Comment

Posted by Naturist Mark:
                  quote:
                  6) with the kids grown we can get away on weekends and can afford the whole resort thing
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a dream that must be. Seems like, the older the kids get, the more end up at the house. What's wrong with this picture?

Comment

Being in the 20's range, I can say one big issue for me getting out is money and time. The first being the largest issue, one trip to the resort runs around $50 when all is said and done.

Comment

quote:
                      Seems like, the older the kids get, the more end up at the house.

Yep, but they are old enough to be left alone while you go to naked camp.

-Mark

Comment

The biggest problem with our kids was the thing that thet could not tell it to their friends at home. We do not own our kids and they have their friends and most of friends do not understand anything about naturism. Having naked sauna bath and swímming naked is normal but naturism is weird here specially among teenagers. They can do skinny dipping but not to go any naturist resort, because they have no experience of it and they have never heard anybody to do it.

Comment

I have to agree with all the reasoning everyone has put forth. I think this also applies to non landed clubs, and resorts.
                          However in my own peer group the age range of interest in nudism, or the clothing optional lifestyle is in the late 20's to 100. For varying reasons of course, but it seems that alot of interest in clubs,resorts,and parks comes from the fact that the internet has brought together many who only were nude at home, and are now discovering each other.

Comment

I'm in my EARLY EARLY twenties and went to a place once. Everyone was twice my age and only interested in laying out in the sun. I found that boring and walked the trails, floated on the lake, and did the paddle boats. From the looks I got it seemed I was interupting their tanning sessions. I felt very uncomfortable there. One guy must've assumed I was a gawker for he kept a very close eye on me.

Comment

No one has mentioned the difficulty of mentally getting over the nudity/sex thing. Can you really get over thinking in sexual terms about members of the opposite gender until you get past about 35 to 40? Especially if you are in the looking for mate/fairly recently formed a couple category? I know this isn't supposed to be an issue among "nudists", but human beings are sexual beings, and it is always under the surface when it isn't expressed. This is probably behind the gender balance thing also. If you are part of a couple, at least any sexual tension can be taken home where it belongs.

Comment

Working...
                              X