X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving in to textiles

Kevin Cabrera
    Posted March 12, 2006 07:07 AM
    I have a funny story to tell. I think that I have posted my story on this topic before, but I'll tell it agian.

A few years ago we booked a week at a clothing opional Bed and Breakfast in Hawaii. We had been to this B&B several times before, and had a wonderful time there. It was called the Mahina Kia. It is a huge sprawling estate with lush landscaping and tropical setting. It is very private, yet wonderful views of the ocean. Since it was so private, you could enjoy the property totally nude.

Anyway, when we arrived we were greeted by a young man claimed to be a friend of the owners. The owners were not there because they had a family emergency and were gone for a few days. The young man who greeted us was working out along side of the house and was only wearing shorts, sneakers and no shirt. That seemed reasonable to us, and we didn't think anything of it since it was a clothing optional B&B.

So we checked in and went directly to our suite where we promptly got out of our clothes, grabed the sun tan lotion and sun glasses, and then went straight out to the swimming pool to soak in the sun and enjoy the pool. So here we head out of our suite with nothing on but sun glasses and walk through the house and out in to the pool area where we found a place to lay out.

We encountered nobody while walking through the house, but we did encounter about 10 people out at the pool area. Nobody said a thing to us, and we didn't realize that we were the only people nude. We were out there about maybe 5 mintues when the young man who had checked us in came walking up to us at a rather fast pace and informed us that the B&B had recently changed owners and that it was no longer a clothing optional B&B. At that point we realized that we were the only nude people out there. We quickly got up and returned to our suite where we had to dress and run out to a buy swim suits for the remainder of our stay.

So there we were stuck at our favorite "clothing optional" B&B for our vacation, but had to wear clothes the entire time. We did meet the new owners before our vacation ended(they had been informed about the incident prior to returning), and found them to quite pleasant people. They informed us that they had experienced the same thing several times since the property had switched hands and apologized for not informing us of the new owners when making our reservations.

We spent the majority of our time at the nude beach since our B&B was clothing mandatory establishment.

Enjoying My Life Nude,

Kevin
    Kevin,
    Was there another C/O B&B available? If so, I would have sought a room there (if available) and informed the other B&B that you were not interested in a room in their establishment. You rented the room based upon the expectation that you could enjoy your vacation in a reasonable manner. Through their change in policy, they changed the environment and limited your enjoyment of their facility. I would guess that if the shoe were on the other foot(a textile facility turning clothing optional/nudist), people would not have been expected to stay. By staying, you are giving them the message that you approve of the change, or are willing to inconvienence yourself for other's comfort.

Business is based upon supply and demand. If nudists are willing to accept textile accomodations, why should any clothing optional/nude accomodations open? If you are willing to accept lesser pleasing accomodations, the B&B owners are justified to think that converting to textile was no loss to them. Hence, they are not likely to reconsider their decision. However, if they saw that they were losing guests based upon the policy, they might reconsider.

quote:
    Kevin Cabrera
    Posted March 12, 2006 07:07 AM
    I have a funny story to tell. I think that I have posted my story on this topic before, but I'll tell it agian.

A few years ago we booked a week at a clothing opional Bed and Breakfast in Hawaii. We had been to this B&B several times before, and had a wonderful time there. It was called the Mahina Kia. It is a huge sprawling estate with lush landscaping and tropical setting. It is very private, yet wonderful views of the ocean. Since it was so private, you could enjoy the property totally nude.

Anyway, when we arrived we were greeted by a young man claimed to be a friend of the owners. The owners were not there because they had a family emergency and were gone for a few days. The young man who greeted us was working out along side of the house and was only wearing shorts, sneakers and no shirt. That seemed reasonable to us, and we didn't think anything of it since it was a clothing optional B&B.

So we checked in and went directly to our suite where we promptly got out of our clothes, grabed the sun tan lotion and sun glasses, and then went straight out to the swimming pool to soak in the sun and enjoy the pool. So here we head out of our suite with nothing on but sun glasses and walk through the house and out in to the pool area where we found a place to lay out.

We encountered nobody while walking through the house, but we did encounter about 10 people out at the pool area. Nobody said a thing to us, and we didn't realize that we were the only people nude. We were out there about maybe 5 mintues when the young man who had checked us in came walking up to us at a rather fast pace and informed us that the B&B had recently changed owners and that it was no longer a clothing optional B&B. At that point we realized that we were the only nude people out there. We quickly got up and returned to our suite where we had to dress and run out to a buy swim suits for the remainder of our stay.

So there we were stuck at our favorite "clothing optional" B&B for our vacation, but had to wear clothes the entire time. We did meet the new owners before our vacation ended(they had been informed about the incident prior to returning), and found them to quite pleasant people. They informed us that they had experienced the same thing several times since the property had switched hands and apologized for not informing us of the new owners when making our reservations.

We spent the majority of our time at the nude beach since our B&B was clothing mandatory establishment.

Enjoying My Life Nude,

Kevin

Kevin,
    Was there another C/O B&B available? If so, I would have sought a room there (if available) and informed the other B&B that you were not interested in a room in their establishment. You rented the room based upon the expectation that you could enjoy your vacation in a reasonable manner. Through their change in policy, they changed the environment and limited your enjoyment of their facility. I would guess that if the shoe were on the other foot(a textile facility turning clothing optional/nudist), people would not have been expected to stay. By staying, you are giving them the message that you approve of the change, or are willing to inconvienence yourself for other's comfort.

Business is based upon supply and demand. If nudists are willing to accept textile accomodations, why should any clothing optional/nude accomodations open? If you are willing to accept lesser pleasing accomodations, the B&B owners are justified to think that converting to textile was no loss to them. Hence, they are not likely to reconsider their decision. However, if they saw that they were losing guests based upon the policy, they might reconsider.

Comment

Mahina Kia did not come up on a Google search. It refers you instead to "Mahina Kai", a gay resort on the island of Kauai.

If Kevin and his partner were on the island of Kauai, Google seems to point the way to several guest houses on the island of Kauai that are clothing-optional.I guess we all fall victim to the temptation to stay put once we stop somewhere for vacation, but I certainly would have given serious thought to asking for a refund and going somewhere else.

Comment

Working...
      X