Nude Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nude Driving

I gave nude driving a shot during a long trip yesterday, and it was fantastic. I drove about 100 miles with nothing on but a button-up short sleeved shirt that was unbuttoned. Whenever I went around a tall vehicle on the interstate, I'd pull my shirt closed. The shirt tail covered my upper thigh, and I also had my shorts lying beside me to the right, and could pull those over a bit. What a great feeling, but I had to pull into a rest stop and get dressed when the traffic started to get really bad...too many 18-wheelers. I'll definitely do it again.

I gave nude driving a shot during a long trip yesterday, and it was fantastic. I drove about 100 miles with nothing on but a button-up short sleeved shirt that was unbuttoned. Whenever I went around a tall vehicle on the interstate, I'd pull my shirt closed. The shirt tail covered my upper thigh, and I also had my shorts lying beside me to the right, and could pull those over a bit. What a great feeling, but I had to pull into a rest stop and get dressed when the traffic started to get really bad...too many 18-wheelers. I'll definitely do it again.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed it and your nude drive was without incident. I too have enjoyed nude driving and do it quite often.

Take care and continued enjoyment of nude driving when you can.

Comment

I just love driving in the nude, it feels so great, once drove 180 miles, had to get dressed twice for "rest" stops, but it was wonderful.
        Keep on driving.
        Cheers
        PS I advise against nude motorcycle riding, it gets awefully cold above 50 mph. LOL

Comment

I've driven nude quite a bit. I almost always drive to and from the club/resort I go to. It's always especially tough when driving home, not to just stay nude. Most of the roads are "backroads" so it's not a real problem. The one town you drive through is easy to navigate, if you watch the traffic flow and the lights.

I've driven at night totally nude, and also during the day on the interstate. Usually during the day, I'll wear a shirt that buttons up the front, like you describe. If you get into a situation where you have to cover, it's easy to do.

Recently on our Bahamas trip, I drove nude all over the island. There is very little traffic, and very few people, so there's not a problem. Some of the trips were to beaches where I was able to skinny dip. Some were to beaches where we needed to wear something. Once we were done, I pulled off my suit, and got back in the car and drove nude. Even most of the trips into the small town, I left the house nude, and then pulled on shorts as I got closer, and then a shirt once I arrived. On the way home, everything came off much quicker. What surprised me the most was that my wife didn't try to stop me from doing it. I guess she realized that it just wasn't a big deal, because no one could see me.

It was fun!!!

Barefoot-n-Nude in Texas!

Comment

I drove a little over 10 miles one way for a while to meet a friend to run with in the early morning. Niether of us lived closed together, so we met at a neutral site. Our run was in a very public area, so we could not run naked. After the run most mornings I drove home after taking off my sweaty running clothes. I sat on a towel and kept another on the seat next to me in case I got pulled over or felt the need to cover. I have tinted windows. It was almost daylight by the time I drove home. I was much more comfortable driving without sweaty clothing. It also gave me an opportunity to cool off. It felt so natural. I have also driven to get a morning newspaper a few blocks away and would strip after getting back in my vehicle. I have yet to drive any distances or during the day when the sun is out the most.

Comment

Hmm...I don't think I see the point in driving nude.

Comment

You should try it and see if its for you.

I have to say it makes my hour+ commute a bit more tolerable in stop and go traffic on the way home from work.

Its great way to go on long trips as well, much more comfortable.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Juliet:

Obviously.....it's completely up to you on whether or not you want to try this, but I would only suggest that you try it once. I think then you will understand why many of us do it as often as we can.

My wife was hesitant and wondered why ,as you do, at first. She tried it the first time with a shirt on and nothing else. She now enjoys it with a shirt on but opened. She likes the idea of having the shirt on if the need arises but I suspect that in the near future, she'll loose the shirt as well and enjoy the drive au naturel as I do.

Again, it's not for everyone and not everyone agrees with those of us that do drive nude but if you're brave enough to try nudism, try driving nude once then ask yourself your question and try and understand why we do it.

Good luck!

Comment

I tend to agree with you Juliet. There is too great of a risk in getting spotted by a highway patrolman or other law enforcement personnel. Also, another motorist or pedestrian may take down your license plate number and turn you in! I hope I am not being a killjoy. I enjoy being nude whenever possible, but I don't think I would include this as one of my ventures.

Ken Palmer

quote:
                    Originally posted by Juliet:

Comment

Copied from a UK naturist forum
                      quote:
                      Well it happened. I suppose it was going to one day. I got arrested for indecency under Section 5 of the public order act. I am not posting this as a proud achievement but in the hope that my experience may benefit someone else. So what did I do.

I had been watering the allotment, clothed for once, as it was very busy. Popped home, stripped while I did a bit of decorating. Needed to get out for a bit of a break & cool so drove a few miles down the road and parked up in a layby to rest for a few minutes. On this occasion I was only to be out for a short trip so did'nt bother to take shorts or other coverup.

Had been in the layby all by myself for 5 mins when along came a truck and parked up near me. We ignored each other. Five minutes later along comes another car, pulls up right alongside me a shines 500 candle power searchlight right in my car at me. Not happy with that it then backs up a bit and adds another light on me. Now remember I'm naked save for hat , socks and trainers. Naturally I did not know who was in the other vehicle so I shielded my eyes with my right hand. This all happened at 5 mins to midnight, no streetlights etc so very dark.

Next thing I know is that my door is opened by a female cop and her two buddies. The exchange was brief. Where are you going now, Home, I reply. Like that she retorted. Yes I replied. Then the arrest speach for indecency and outraging public decency under S5 blah, blah blah.

She tried to entice me to wear some paper bags which I declined pointing out that I, at least, wasn't bothered by being naked. She insisted that I must wear something before getting into her car and being taken to the police station. So I got out of my car walked to the rear of my car, opend the boot and rummaged for something to cover up with. All three were [mesmerised] watching me do this openly without embarrassment. I had expected to find an old sheet but instead found an old tatty pair of shorts that I'd quite forgotten about. I put them on, locked my car and went on a little journey.

I had volunteered my name and address so a summons could be posted if required, but no, arrest it had to be.

At the station I was duly checked in to the rather dull and cool cell number 3, my home for the next few hours. At all times I remained polite and calm but refused to provide any requested details save name address DoB, place of birth and nationality. Each time I was asked for more info I politely asked "Am I required to provide this by law right now?" The answer was usually no, and the matter left.

I was sure to ask for the code that explains procedures and my rights. They did comment that hardly anyone ever reads it. Do, it makes sure that they see you as an inteligent person.

After a while I was taken back to the desk and offered a fixed penalty (£80). I did not like the wording at all, something about outraging public decency, and causing offence and distess to members of the public (the Officers in this case). I declined it stating that I was happy to discuss it further in court. Very strong pressure to accept it, the "ignominity of going to court for a man in your position etc etc. I insisted that I didn't consider arrest under S5 appropriate and would go to court. Back to my cell.

Another wait and then Inspector xxx came and tried again to persuade me to accept the fixed penalty. Again I declined. He said that I would have to wait for futher interview and subsquently be charged. I availed mysely of the duty solicitor. Another wait. Then I am called out to speak on phone to duty solicitor. Short conversation. She was quite convinced that I should take fixed penalty, court will find me guilty. I declined yet again and asked her to send in solicitor for the interview.

Back to cell number 3 while I wait for solicitor. When he arrived he and I had a short private conversation. He too said I was definately guilty of and offence, the court would definately find me guilty, I should accept the fixed penalty. We agreed to differ on interpretation of the law pertaining to S5 and nudity. I asked him to call in the officer and proceed with the interview. His one good piece of advice was to answer questions at interview.

During the interview I was outraged to discover that not only was I being accused of being nude but also of being engaged in sexual misbehaviour. They would not actually say it but they were acusing me of masterbating. I remained calm, but believe me, it were'nt easy. I forcefully denied the acusation.

The interview was soon over and I was taken to the custody seargent for a decision.

The good news is that I was released WITHOUT charge. He said it would not be in the public interest to press charges agains a naturist for being nude (I am a member of CCBN) AND he thought that the court would probably believe my story. A naturist just out for a short drive and rest in the pitch dark in an unlit area not intending to offend anyone. The officer didn't look to happy with the decision but I think her inexperience showed.

I still think arrest for S5 was unnecessarily heavy handed and inappropriate since I had volunteered my name and address.

My experience is stay calm and polite, give the minimum information necessary but otherwise be co-operative. Above all, follow your gut instinct, if all you are doing is naturism don't be forced into accepting a fixed penalty.

Interesting point. No mention of a Police caution. I would have had to decline that as well.

Sorry for the post being so long, 4 1/2 hours in a cell and I am dead tired. Got to be up in less that three hours.

That is one mans experience of driving nude, and thats with the relatively liberal UK laws on nudity.
                      I've tried driving nude, but it doesn't ring my bell I'm afraid, I much prefer to have sun and air caressing my body as I freehike or sunbathe at a club/beach.

Pete Knight

Comment

I have driven about 90 miles in the nude over the past couple of weeks- approximately 15 miles each journey. It is impossible to tell whether the driver of a moving car is dressed below window level or not and moreover the position of your hands and forearms steering the car further obstructs the line of vision. It is just possible in stationary or very slow moving traffic that somebody could notice and in these situations I just cover my lap with my shorts, which I normally leave on the adjacent passenger seat. I cannot understand why the chap decided to stop in the lay by and it would have been sensible to drive off as soon as another vehicle arrived. The only real risk would be having an accident, as it is almost impossible to slip your shorts back on whist sitting in the driver’s seat, although it is quite easy to slip them off. I am still trying to think of an idea for a quick cover up-if you quickly wrapped yourself in a skirt or towel it would give the impression that you had been engaged in some weird behaviour!

Comment

Remember one thing! I work and have worked in a high rise building and looking down from the 3rd and forth floor have a great view of the street and parking lot. I have noticed that I can see down inside cars very well without trying.

Comment

I have mainly driven on open roads in the country and through villages. As mentioned I cover up if I have to stop or slow down especially if there are pedestrians around. I would not bother if I was giving way to another vehicle away from overlooking buildings or pedestrians

Comment

quote:
                              That is one mans experience of driving nude, and thats with the relatively liberal UK laws on nudity.
                              I've tried driving nude, but it doesn't ring my bell I'm afraid, I much prefer to have sun and air caressing my body as I freehike or sunbathe at a club/beach.

Pete,

The article that you posted is a good one in that it shows what happens when someone stands up and defies bogus charges. All too often, there will be an attempt to link nudism to some sexually related activity. Sadly, I think that most people would have signed and paid the 80 quid rather then dispute the charges.

Comment

Working...
                              X