Naturist Club or Resort Member?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturist Club or Resort Member?

I was interested to see how many of you are members of nudist clubs or resorts.

http://nudefreedom.blogspot.com/

I pay less than $600. a year for membership. Gives me voting rights and is less than $2.00 per day. I can come and go as I please. Night or day. Not too unusual to get a 2am vollryball game going. Or poker game.

Comment

i would like very much to be a member of a nudist club/resort. the clubs i checked into are out of town and would have to drive some distance to attend swims and other functions. if i joined i'd want very much to support them. i hope one day to do that. it's on my "want to" list!

Comment

I think once my wife visits Glen Eden, we will most likely join. At the moment, she has a misconceptions of what the clubs are and I have dispelled most of those but she needs to go see for herself.

We are getting back into camping with the grandkids and this will further her interest in visiting a club where she can camp (in an RV) and be nude.

We are members of Desert Shadows and Friends of San Onofre Beach but not of a non-landed club....YET!

Comment

Originally posted by Elendil:

http://nudefreedom.blogspot.com/
          My wife and I belong to a landed club (Cedar Waters), three non-landeds (Sherwood Forest, Maine Coast Solar Bares, Naturist New Hampshire) and an informal group that operates in Maine.

We also hold TNS membership. I don't know if this would count as a "group" but we attend the Eastern Gathering every year as well.

Comment

Guess I am the odd one out here but have never had any need to belong to any nudist resort or any resort, for that matter. In my decades of travl and being a nudist, I have been just about everywhere and spent time nude at most places. But that is just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Elendil:
              I'm a member of the non-landed "Texas Singles" group that's based here in Houston. I've also got a membership in the landed club, "Sahnoans at Star Ranch" near Austin.

Take Care & Enjoy Life Bare,
              David

Comment

Even the nearest non-landed club is an hour's drive and I've submitted my membership application.

There are also two landed clubs about an hour away, Sunshower Country Club in Centerville, IN and Paradise Gardens in Cincinnati. I was at Sunshower this past Saturday and hope to visit PG soon.

Comment

I'm an extreme cheapskate. I'll buy a $500+ membership to a resort maybe when I'm a millionaire :-) There's no way I'll pay so much to get into someplace nude when I can be nude at home for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Thinker:
                    I'm an extreme cheapskate. I'll buy a $500+ membership to a resort maybe when I'm a millionaire :-) There's no way I'll pay so much to get into someplace nude when I can be nude at home for free.
                    Do you get to invite friends over to participate in social nudism, or just spend nude time by yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Big-Thinker:
                      I'm pretty cheap myself, but with LDS less than 15 minutes away, full gym, 4 pools, hiking trails, and dues of $31/month (after initiation fee), it's a bargain I couldn't pass up. Their student rates are only about $130/year if I remember correctly.

Comment

I can be nude at home too.

With the windows closed. And NOT in my yard. Never in sunlight. Can't hike, run, or swim much inside the house. Really doesn't compare to a weekend at a club.

$500 is steep for a handful of visits per year. For 10 or more it makes a lot of sense. Depends on how you would use your membership.

Comment

My wife and I RV alot. When we can we try to stay at naturist resorts, if they are on our rout. What I find amazing is that these resorts not only charge rather high fees for spending the night (often between $35.00 to $55.00 per night) but they also then charge a day fee as well. That seems unreasonable!

I have stayed at some very nice non-nudist resorts, use all of their facilities and do it for just the cost of their over night fee. I guess that their must be a cost just to take off your clothing at a naturist resort. It certainly isn't a "cover charge!"

Our planned trip to stay at White Tail Park in VA for a week in Sept was changed. We discovered that our cost would add a third to our overall week camping cost just to take off our clothing at WTP. We found a very nice (non-naturist) RV park, with all the required ammenities for just the traditional over night cost. We will be naked in our RV!

I am all for supporting naturist parks making a buck but I don't like the idea of being taking advantage of because of greed by park management. Sawdust

Comment

It is always amazing to me that some people will complain about the cost of going to or belonging to a club. When the same said people will gladly spend more money to go to theme parks, ball games or nascar races. I for one am happy to belong to my club and I do support them anyway I can. I love my fellow friends, brothers, and sisters who belong to my club and most feel the same way I do.
                            If we don't do what we can to have a safe secure family environment where we and other like minded people can go to be nude then nudity will be a thing of the past. Some of you may have a home with enough land or whatever to be nude on but, I am sure you don't have the close friendships and activities we have in the club atmosphere.
                            The clubs have to charge a small amount to keep there heads above water financially, they are after all a business. Where else can you go for an entire day of nude activities? You can arrive in the early AM and stay at most places until late in the evening and do everything from have breakfast, lunch, and dinner all in the nude. You can swim, hike, bike, socialize, go to a dance. You can listen to live music from other nudist. You can spend quality time with your children and or spouse. You can go away relaxed and refreshed without having to worry if someone unwanted has seen you. You don't have to worry that someone will call the cops because they saw you nude in your yard or garded; because, it is totally accepted in the desiginated nudist resorts. All this at 25 to 30 dollars a day seems a bargin to me.

Comment

I am all for supporting naturist parks making a buck but I don't like the idea of being taking advantage of because of greed by park management.
                              You are assuming those fees are all profit. Not a reasonable assumption. Not many people getting rich running nudist resorts. Plenty going the other direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X