No announcement yet.

Are only Caucasians nudists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

agreed that asian culture seems to make less of an issue of clothing in bath-houses. though i have never left the u.s., i did a little research into asian bathhouses when i was designing something several years ago. unfortunately, most are horribly ugly and lacked architectural design inspiration, but they all seemed to be mandatory nude. i'm not sure how this translates when they are built for asians in other countries. intersting thought.

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by florida-david:
      [qb]agreed that asian culture seems to make less of an issue of clothing in bath-houses. though i have never left the u.s., i did a little research into asian bathhouses when i was designing something several years ago. unfortunately, most are horribly ugly and lacked architectural design inspiration, but they all seemed to be mandatory nude. i'm not sure how this translates when they are built for asians in other countries. intersting thought.[/qb]
      Actually, asian culture is VERY VERY strict regarding nudity especially among women. It is believed to be socially immoral to be showing a lot of skin in public. In one asian country, China or Singapore (not sure which), it is illegal for a man to be shirtless in public. In Japan, women being naked is horrible. In fact, a man is to never ever walk into the bathroom when his wife or any woman is bathing and vice versa. Proctor and Gamble found that out the hard way when they were selling a brand of soap. In their commercial, P&G had a woman bathing and the husband came into the bathroom to ask her how she is enjoying the soap. Needless to say, P&G received very little revenues for that brand of soap.

In Nigeria, female nakedness is considered to be unaccepted. The most daunting thing a Nigerian woman can do is bare her breast in public. In fact, not too long ago, Nigerian women came together to protest against Shell, the oil company. Shell was taking advantage of the Ogani tribe by having them work in horrible and dangerous working conditions and given them VERY little compensation in return. Nigerian women banded together to protest by baring the breast in public.

Comment

quote:
        Originally posted by gamblefish:
        [qb]Yeah, I think eric is right. No matter how independent we may think we are, there is strength in numbers. I can connect with the pictures of white folks in the photos of freedom more than with the black folks. Doesn't mean I don't like the pics of black folks, I just don't connect as much with them. So, more pics of black folks would be beneficial to other black folks wanting to know that there are alot of other black folks who are nudists.

Does any of that make sense to anybody?[/qb]

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by SoulNudist:
          [qb][QUOTE]Originally posted by gamblefish:
          [qb]Yeah, I think eric is right. No matter how independent we may think we are, there is strength in numbers. I can connect with the pictures of white folks in the photos of freedom more than with the black folks. Doesn't mean I don't like the pics of black folks, I just don't connect as much with them. So, more pics of black folks would be beneficial to other black folks wanting to know that there are alot of other black folks who are nudists.

[/qb][/QUOT

This topic is great!! I also agree with Eric, Advertising is everything! I am SoulNudist the owner/moderator of www.baresoulnudist.com

I started the group in 11/15/99 and we are still growing. There is alittle bit of truth in what all of you say, but the most truth is not seeing others like ourselves involved so we feel like an outsider.

I personally know thats not the case but it does take time to pursuede others.

SoulNudist

Comment

quote:
            [qb]
            quote:

[/qb]
            No it doesnt make sense to me ata all, hence why I didn't bother replying to it. I think I know what the original user meant but it didn't come out the right way, poor word usage

Comment

quote:
              Watch any typical movie or TV program (worldwide). The handsome guy will 98% of the time be White. The beautiful girl will 98% of the time be White. Only when a program is targeted to an specific audience will there be a non white character that is specifically signified as being handsome or beautiful. (I ABSOLUTELY am NOT saying the Whites are not beautiful, but rather that the rest of us are also beautiful).
              Funny you should say that - the last two films I have watched on television have had totally coloured/mixed race casts (save the white wife of one coloured man):

Bones and Unwanted Guest.

The actors and actresses in the films were all beautiful - stunningly so!

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Croydon:
                No it doesnt make sense to me ata all, hence why I didn't bother replying to it. I think I know what the original user meant but it didn't come out the right way, poor word usage[/qb]
                What I mean is, maybe more African Americans would try nudism if they though that a larger number of African Americans were enjoying nudism. Of the 6000+ photos on clothesfree's site, maybe 100 or so are of African Americans (I don't think there is that many, but I am guessing). Thats .016% . There is comfort in numbers. Maybe if there were more photos of African Americans then more would try it out. I am sure there are other websites (like the one Soulnudist mentioned) that have more photos of African Americans. I am saying that this would be beneficial, more photos can't hurt.

Comment

Gamblefish: Nice responce! Thanks for staying on topic. Well reasoned and thoughtful

Comment

Today, at the nudist park, I actually saw an African-American family (two parents, one young, probably 4-year-old boy). That was the first such family I had seen. Of course, very few people were naked today. Highs in the upper 50s, north wind, cloudy skies. Perfect hot-tub weather.

Since I started going, I have seen a lot more "minorities" there.

Bob S.

Comment

quote:
                      [qb]
                      quote:
                      No it doesnt make sense to me ata all, hence why I didn't bother replying to it. I think I know what the original user meant but it didn't come out the right way, poor word usage[/qb]
                      What I mean is, maybe more African Americans would try nudism if they though that a larger number of African Americans were enjoying nudism. Of the 6000+ photos on clothesfree's site, maybe 100 or so are of African Americans (I don't think there is that many, but I am guessing). Thats .016% . There is comfort in numbers. Maybe if there were more photos of African Americans then more would try it out. I am sure there are other websites (like the one Soulnudist mentioned) that have more photos of African Americans. I am saying that this would be beneficial, more photos can't hurt.[/QB]
                      I may have misinterpreted the statement. From the original statement, it appeared that you couldn't "connect" with the pictures of the black nudist b/c they are black. You should be able to connect with the black nudist b/c they share a common interest with you, nudism...The fact that they are black is irrelvent

Comment

quote:
                        [qb] ...The fact that they are black is irrelvent[/qb]
                        I live in Columbus, Ohio. The high school I graduated from was 75% black or African American. I do not know what the ratio of black vs. white is in this city, but there are many. I say hello to them as if they were humans, not black. OK, sometimes I'll say "What sup" to them depending on how they were dressed.

My point is: In all of my dealings with the black/African Americans throughout my life, they seam to find it more relevant than I do. I have seen a black couple at a nude swim once, but it was irrelevant to them and to all of us caucasians as far as I could tell. The black community probably thinks of nudity as "A white thing" and stays away from it because of that. I have know idea how to change that (society).

Nudity Rules!!!
                        [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] Suntied [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                          [qb]This topic is great!! I also agree with Eric, Advertising is everything! I am SoulNudist the owner/moderator of www.baresoulnudist.com

I started the group in 11/15/99 and we are still growing. There is alittle bit of truth in what all of you say, but the most truth is not seeing others like ourselves involved so we feel like an outsider.

I personally know thats not the case but it does take time to pursuede others.

SoulNudist[/qb]
                          Welcome! I have enjoyed your web site since I discovered it a while back. I am white and value diversity. I especially appreciate that you have all body types in your pictures. No site does a better job than yours at dispelling the myth that nudism is about showing off a "perfect" body but about being free from clothes that "so easily beset us."

I have seen some coffee-table photo books of Africans, many of whom are naked or nearly so. I cannot remember the titles, but these books had pictures of beautiful, very very dark people. If they were better known, they would go far to restore pride in being not just African or "African-American," but BLACK.

Comment

hw and myself went over to the coast this past weekend (Easter), and attend the nude beach (Pirates' Cove). It was a very nice get-away-for-the-day type atmosphere. There weren't that many people, but that didn't change the desire to be nude. Any way, to get back to the subject, there were several African-Americans who were in attendance, and enjoying the atmosphere just like everyone else. There were also a lot of Hispanics as well, also enjoying the sun. And, yes, there sere several gawkers as well (stuck out like sore thumbs).

Point being made is, all types of nationalities were well represented and getting along just great. True, the number of caucasions far outnumbered the minorities, but it was nice to see other races being represented. Hope it stays that way, for we are all together on this.

Comment

I live 15+ years here in Sint Maarten, Caribbean Dutch West Indies, where the population is 70% black, 10% Indian, 15%white and 5% Chinese. I am white, but did not know that really. I arrived with my Israeli Sabra [chocolate with milk color] ex and after she left I was devastated for a year and a half. Then came Linda, who is an African Caribbean young woman from Dominica. She comforted me with a love she gave me that was the deepest most intense love I have ever known. We went to getthos and shanty towns and discos where I was the only white. Where the kids came to touch me to see if I was real. And here we have Nudist Club Orient. Most American white tourists come there, but now and again a local will walk the beach to look at the whities. But in general the dark skin people do not easily go nude. I speak from experience when I say that young black women can be the most emotionally lovely beautiful creatures in the universe... Needless to say that all my [girl] friends are black, they have something so amazingly feminine, so natural, that I am sometimes almost sorry to be white

Comment

It is God who determines our skin color when He creates us.

Comment

Working...
                                X