No announcement yet.

Are only Caucasians nudists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a believer in reincarnation, BTW it was part of the scriptures, untill censored out in the year 553 by Justinianus at the Council of Constantinopel, it is I who determine where i get born and in what skin color. God is [in] me, we decide together.

Comment

Hell, no!!!

Comment

What do you mean, are you in hell?
        And what no, Did the Roman Caaaaatholic Council not scrap the reincarnation from the Bible? See:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_and_Reincarnation
        http://www.adishakti.org/_/roman_emperor_responsible_fo...rebirth_doctrine.ht m
        During the past the "Holy Fathers" made many changes in what they call the "Holy Book".
        How could you be living only one life time, while Gods creation is eternal.........

Comment

I'm also a black american naturist. I have to say that there is still a stigma in the black community regarding nudity in general. I found a naturist group with a sizable amount of black members about a year and a half ago and it has been a wonderful experience and it's growing everyday.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/blksunclub/

Stay nude, Fred

quote:
          Originally posted by Captain Zen:
          What do you mean, are you in hell?
          And what no, Did the Roman Caaaaatholic Council not scrap the reincarnation from the Bible? See:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bible_and_Reincarnation
          http://www.adishakti.org/_/roman_emperor_responsible_fo...rebirth_doctrine.ht m
          During the past the "Holy Fathers" made many changes in what they call the "Holy Book".
          How could you be living only one life time, while Gods creation is eternal.........

Comment

Good for you Fred! I hope your group can turn around some of the social stigma attached to nudity in the black community. I wonder why do you think it is this way? I suppose it's the same everywhere it is associated with sex and promiscuity one big orgie blah, blah, blah. Anyway good luck.

Comment

Thanks NudeAl!

I believe that culture and religion plays a part in the mindset of the black community when it comes to nudity. Most feel nudity equates with sex. I was very blessed to have parents that didn't shy away from nudity. I saw my mother nude almost on a daily basis when I was a kid. My parents are from the caribbean islands and nudity isn't really that big of an issue. Here in the states the black community thinks nudity is something to be ashamed of, something to hide and keep private. Churches teach that the body is something to cover up until you are married.

But hopefully the group that I belong to can really start opening up minds and making a difference.........

Stay nude, Fred

quote:
              Originally posted by NudeAl:
              Good for you Fred! I hope your group can turn around some of the social stigma attached to nudity in the black community. I wonder why do you think it is this way? I suppose it's the same everywhere it is associated with sex and promiscuity one big orgie blah, blah, blah. Anyway good luck.

Comment

In America it may have something to do with the racial demographics as the U.S. Census Bureau describes.

Comment

Couple of other things that I think add to the lack of minorities (or at least blacks, which is what I can speak best about being half black).

1) Most blacks can't swim, which is a major part of naturism for most (volleyball is not big in the black comunity either)

2)Within North America and Europe, most live in inner cities or the bible belt, neither of them places with a lot of naturist clubs.

3) Socio-economic. Naturism is a preominantly middle class recreation, even among whites, and, sadly, there is still an economic and eduactional devide between the races.

I agree with others though, that critical mass is the main problem though. My mother being white, if I go to a family gathering I am often the only non-white, unless by brother is there. I also grew up in a predominantly white area (there was me and a Korean kid in my class, the rest was white) so am used to being the only minority and don't even notice it now (I am often surprised that poeple remember me out of a group of 100+, then remeber that I was the only minority). Speaking to others though I know it can be a big deal. For those of you who think this odd, imagine being the only white persom amongst over 100 blacks or other minorities and think how you would feel.

There is also word of mouth (or lack of it). OK, naturist tend not to talk about it, but still some do, and some convert others. Fewer black members means fewer black converts.

You can see the numbers thing other places as well. Look at football (soccer) in the US. Again, predominantly white. Why? Football is massivly popular in Africa, and among blacks in Europe, so why not in the US? Again, few black kids are involved, so few want to join, so few are involved, so...

How do you increas the numbers? Well I agree that advertising is a good start, but remember that generally to see naturist ads you need to be looking for them in the first place. Other than that, time, social and political change, continuing (since in my experience this is already the case) to be welcoming, and greater overall tolerence of naturism throughout all of society.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by nudetech:
                    Couple of other things that I think add to the lack of minorities (or at least blacks, which is what I can speak best about being half black).

1) Most blacks can't swim, which is a major part of naturism for most (volleyball is not big in the black comunity either)

Who says most blacks can't swim? Swimming may not be as popular among black people, but blacks are just as capable of swimming. Besides, there isn't really much "swimming" going on, just lots of wading.
                    quote:

3) Socio-economic. Naturism is a preominantly middle class recreation, even among whites, and, sadly, there is still an economic and eduactional devide between the races.
                    In America, most blacks are middle class. Sure the ranks of blacks, and hispanics, and other historically disadvantaged groups are over-represented among the poor, but MOST blacks are not poor.
                    quote:

I agree with others though, that critical mass is the main problem though.
                    Exactly. Nudism is seen as a "white" thing by many people - so others don't feel it should be "their" thing. But I have yet to be in a club, resort, or sizable group that wasn't mixed. All kinds of people are nudists. So what if the numbers don't match the demographics of the general population - don't let that stop you, plenty of people are breaking the trend.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                      Who says most blacks can't swim?

Statistics. Yes, of course blacks are just as capable of learning to swim as whites, but most havn't.

quote:
                      In America, most blacks are middle class.

Depends on how you define middle class. By the standard US definition that covers about 90% of people, not really useful. Most blacks are what in England would be defined as working class (the largest group for all races in most countries).

to make it a bit clearer, from the US census bureau:

quote:

Black households had the lowest median income in 2004 ($30,134) among race groups... The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $48,977

Comment

WOW this thread goes back to 2003.

Lets kill it !!!

Comment

With 10 posts this month it will probably stay open.

Kill it? Maybe close or lock it for further posts, but available for read only access.

Many topic/threads go back to early 2002 and still active.

Comment

You know, somehow I don't think only those people residing in the Caucus Mountains are nudists.

Could be just me, but I don't think so.

Comment

Good Answer Nach!

Comment

quote:
                                Originally posted by nacktman:
                                You know, somehow I don't think only those people residing in the Caucus Mountains are nudists.

Could be just me, but I don't think so.

I don't understand your statement, but it could be just me. Even as old as this topic is, I would like to address it. It is my experience in the nude beaches and nudist resorts in Southern California, African-Americans have always been well represented according to expected population ratios.

The use of "Caucasian" raises the problem of race. Most people do not understand what "race" means. Caucasians are found not only in Europian cultures, but they also include most Indians, Pakistanis, Arabs, and are even found as nomads in Central Asia.

In the most simple manner one can state it, there are 4 races: Caucasian, Negroid, Mongoloid, and Melanesian. Some scientists add races or add sub-races; examples are Polonesian, Micronesian, amd Bushmen (and even pigmy melanesians). These refinements are on very shaky ground. Genetically all assumptions of "race" are on shaky ground. Race is primarily a cultural thing that is risky to use if one is not familiar with the subject.

In the U.S. many people from Mexico, Central America, and South America get into trouble by crying "racisism" when they are talking about culture and not "race". There are no races named Latino, Hispanic, or Chicano. Most of the peoples from Mexico to Argentina and Chile are either caucasian, mongoloid, or a blend of caucasian and mongoloid.

It is all culture. Race is a taxinomically useful tag for some scientists. For everyone else it is genetically unimportant. It is all cultural.

Even the term African-American is fraught with perils. One could go into deep waters with Americans of African descent. Most of the "black" people in the U.S. are also, genetically caucasian as well as negroid. Blasted race thing again. Useless. It is all cultural. I have no problem with African-American. I have no problem with Italian-American (except you get such things as: "but my maternal father was a Scot.")

To make it personal, I am Irish AND American by citizenship as my mother was Irish and my father was American. It is simple right? Not quite, one of my great-great grandmothers was a Souix. There now is a bit of the mongoloid. I am fortunate, depending on how you look at it, in that my ancestry both maternally and paternally (except for the Soux grandmother) has an unbroken list going back just over 1000 years. That is unusual. But it really doesn't help much. Before that time who knows what happened genetically except that we are all related quite closely no matter the color of our skin or facial shape. It is all cultural.

It is a fact that in the U.S. "people of color" are underrepresented in organized nudism. Still, I have shared nudist experiences with people from almost every culture. The low number of "people of color" or "non-Europeans" is at least partially due to the genesis of the modern Naturist movement happening in Germany. We must also not forget that many cultures around the world were taught by European Christian missionaries that nudity, even breast feeding children, was sinful. Many happy and innocent cultures were taught that they were inferior and must cover their sinful bodies.

It is our fault if we don't invite and encourage people from other cultures to consider the nudist way of life. I have shared spas and played water volley ball with people from many cultures: Europeans, Mexicans, South Americans, Filipinos, Thais, Indians, Japanese, South Africans, Ethiopians, Somalis, Malayans and African-Americans. I said it at the beginning of this paragraph: it is OUR fault if we do not encourage people from other cultures (or if you prefer "people of color") to join us. Oh! I forgot the guy from Nigeria who kept us all in stiches for two days in Palm Springs!

Comment

Working...
                                X