NUDITY at CANAVERAL NATIONAL SEASHORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NUDITY at CANAVERAL NATIONAL SEASHORE

I have not been to Canaveral National area for about 6 years. Last time when at the north end (enter from New Smyrna Beach, there was no problem with nudity at the farthest south beach area. What I want to know is there a problem now at this end? I've heard that at the south end nearest the space center that people have been ticketed & hastled, but it is the north end I'm interested in. My son & his family will be down in March and we'd like to go there as Miami and the legal beach are a long way from where I live.

Any factual (not "I think" information would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I have not been to Canaveral National area for about 6 years. Last time when at the north end (enter from New Smyrna Beach, there was no problem with nudity at the farthest south beach area. What I want to know is there a problem now at this end? I've heard that at the south end nearest the space center that people have been ticketed & hastled, but it is the north end I'm interested in. My son & his family will be down in March and we'd like to go there as Miami and the legal beach are a long way from where I live.

Any factual (not "I think" information would be appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Comment

The north end, Apollo Beach, is a legal nude beach at Parking Lot 5. There is very little parking there so be prepared to get there extremely early or make it a weekday trip. The rangers don't allow you to sit and wait if someone is about to leave a spot.

The south end, Playalinda Beach is still technically illegal but it has been peaceful there for quite a few years. I go to Playalinda usually just so I don't have parking hassles. Playalinda is closed when the shuttle is on the pad so you need to call to make sure your timing is good.

I was there last in August but I stay in touch with friends that frequent both beaches on a regular basis so my information is very accurate.

Comment

Working...
      X