Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clothing optional springs in Utah being closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clothing optional springs in Utah being closed?

Is this true. From some of the sources on the web, it seems like clothing optional hot springs in Utah are being closed down. Is this true? If so does that include the hot springs near Provo and Orem? I hope not. I want to go to college at Utah Valley State College. I would hate for those hot springs near there to be shut down or for skinny-dippers to face fines or possible jail time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Is this true. From some of the sources on the web, it seems like clothing optional hot springs in Utah are being closed down. Is this true? If so does that include the hot springs near Provo and Orem? I hope not. I want to go to college at Utah Valley State College. I would hate for those hot springs near there to be shut down or for skinny-dippers to face fines or possible jail time. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, Tenchi, can you be more specific about what you heard and where you heard it? I'm only aware of one hot spring that I used to visit, but decided it best not to any longer - and yes, it is near the Provo-Orem area.

As far as being "legal" nudity-wise in Utah, you'd best shower with your clothes on [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] .

Comment

Oh no! Why did you decide to stop going to that hot spring? Is it not clothing optional anymore? If so are there other hot springs near Provo and Orem that are still clothing opitional?

Comment

quote:
          Oh no! Why did you decide to stop going to that hot spring?
          It had long been known as a "hang out" spot for activities that I am not at all interested in (i.e. gay sex). Ultimately this, probably along with general public misunderstanding around these parts, lead to a number of efforts by authorities to curtail the skinny-dipping activities at this hot spring. Ultimately, I decided it was no longer worth the risk.

quote:
          Is it not clothing optional anymore?
          There never have been any offically recognized clothing optional hot springs in Utah. And every single one that I'm arware of has had at least some action (i.e. citations issued) by law enforcement at one point or another. There are "traditionally used" clothing optional hot springs in Utah, however, that very rarely result in any issues. Actually, I understand there are naturists who still use the specific one I'm talking about - but generally only at night now.

quote:
          If so are there other hot springs near Provo and Orem that are still clothing opitional?
          Yes, subject, of course to the comments I've already made.

Ben.

Comment

Working...
          X