Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big-Thinker
    replied
    I tend more toward the idea of a clean and clear separation of nudity and clothed, to avoid problems. I'm not saying your idea couldn't work, I just feel an entirely separate and entirely private section of a resort should be devoted to nudism, for a higher chance of success. I know that might not be practical... may be too expensive to build another pool at first. Maybe you could start small (a hottub or small pool and other low- cost nudist/naturist attractions)?

Leave a comment:

• CharlieMike
    replied
    I've seen such a sign at several resorts and motels. Note all had very private swimming pool areas which could not be seen from the outside.

Mic

Leave a comment:

• Garry
    replied
    Just out of curiosity, how much land is yours (private) and how close are you to the national forest land (public) you mentioned? If it's possible could you make part of your resort clothing optional and include the pool in that? Would it also be possible to make it clothing optional during the slower weeks in the spring, summer, & fall? I'm not suggesting that you go completely clothing op until you can get a feel from your regular customers what their thoughts are about it being CO part of the year.

Where at in MN is your resort?

Leave a comment:

• Jason Lee
    replied
    K and C

Indiana www.aanr.com/stateclubs/aanr-in.html

AANR has space for a nudist campground

Leave a comment:

• David77
    replied
    Quote;
    "This is a little off topic but we are trying to start a new Nudist campground here in Southern Indiana Due to the closest one being nearly 3 hrs away".

Here is a nudist resort in Southern Indiana.
    Drakes Ridge RNR
    79 Drakes Ridge Rd
    Bennington, IN 47011-1802

Leave a comment:

• K and C
    replied
    This is a little off topic but we are trying to start a new Nudist campground here in Southern Indiana Due to the closest one being nearly 3 hrs away. And the info about the signs and such at the pool is something we didnt think about yet. We are sure there are sevral other things we have not thought about but we learned something from this post . Thanks to all

Leave a comment:

• walter05
    replied
    I think you have to decide whether or not you are a gambler and how much you want to bet.

Most familys are not nudists. Your current customer base is not a nudist one.

If you make it a real issue, you run the risk of offending and losing your customer base.

I can't imagine that there would be so many nudists that want to be nude in northern Minnesota that they will make up for the lost business.

Please don't risk your investment.

As I indicated before, I would make no overt references to times for nudity. I also would play this down.

I know others on this forum will disagree with me. However, I don't want you to lose as much money as I believe you will if you offend your non-nudist base.

Leave a comment:

• NudeAl
    replied
    I would love it! Of course I may be somewhat biased.

I think you need to look at you consumer base and the demographics of the area you are located in. You will be in a much better position to decide if it will play to your neighborhood. It might not fly if you are deep in the heart of the Bible belt PS you'll know that if you still have certain blue laws like no business open on Sundays etc. I think 90% of the US is ready for some responsible social nudity but you will have to regulate the behavior and my even have to spell it out to certain thick headed individuals. I salute you for this courageous attempt to normalize social nudity and reduce some of the moral stigma attached to it. You might someday even consider a secluded area where those who choose to can loose their tan lines.

Good luck with this and let us know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Dick Springer
    replied
    I have known a surprising number of nudists/naturists who got their start at Caribbean resorts that are primarily textile with clothing-optional sections.

Leave a comment:

• lacey
    replied
    I would love to see signs like that at more places.
    I would be topless without a second thought and
    would consider being nude if I felt it was okay
    at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• stomper69
    replied
    This is a great idea,it might open the eyes of some that are unsure of social nudity.It would be perfect for couples that don't share the same views too.My wife says she'll never try it but,if it was night and she could slide into the water vitually undetected....who knows?A new nudist might emerge from the water that night.

Leave a comment:

• Jason Lee
    replied
    Originally posted by tinner666:
    Being amember at a Family Nude resort,WTR, I believe you should remove the age qualifier.
    If there is a curfew at the park for children, like the one at WTR, I would note that kids under age '?' go to their sites, bed, or whatever is normal. It might give the sense that something is up. Not to mention that the much younger children will be less reluctant to join in, as opposed to teenagers. Make it a 'Family'Friendly' event.
    As a family resort, you have members with small children who will not be able to join you.
    At a nudist resort, there are no age restrictions, just regulations about parents or responsible adults attending. And no inappropiate behavior.
    www.whitetailresort.org

Leave a comment:

• RalphVa
    replied
    I'd change the sign to read: Swimwear is optional. Swim at your own risk.

No time limits.

It just might catch on at other places.

Leave a comment:

• tinner666
    replied
    I thought of something else we take for granted at any AANR family resort:
    When you check into one of those resorts, your ID is not only used to check you in, it is also used for a background check for any sex offensers. We members take it for granted that the person seated next to us isn't on any 'black' list. You might find this to be a major stumbling block to ask all your regulars to submit to a background check. Except for parents who will appreciate your concern for them and their children's safety. Contact AANR for more info on how to handle it. Eric S. would be a good source of info.

Leave a comment:

• John P
    replied
    This is likely to lead to conflicts:
    Appropriate swimwear required from 6:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M.

The swimwear I swim in is entirely appropriate--always fits right, shold last as long as I do, doesn't need to be hung up to dry, and I'm always wearing it under my clothes (when I wear clothes). But still I think others might call it inappropriate at times. They're unreasonable people, but there are a lot of them.

I'm dead against exluding children. It suggests (as Tinner said) that there's something going on that children need to be kept away from. Well, is there? Either this is going to be a sexual thing or it's not, and it's your place and if you say it's OK, then everyone can participate. In fact, apart from nobody being able to get an all-over tan on their "appropriate swimsuits", how do the kids get to swim nude if it's only allowed late at night? That's all backwards.

One thing I saw at a small resort in Maine was a fence set up at the end of a dock where there was a ladder down to the water. I think it was so that people could get in and out of the water nude. That might be a better approach--set up a fenced "clothing optional area" rather than have "clothing optional hours". Whether you'd find the wrong people coming to the resort, or even the regular customers starting to do stupid things, I just don't know. It seems as if the public in general has poor expectations about what mixed-gender nudity is like, but maybe with the Scandanavian tradition in Minnesota you'd be more likely to succeed? I'd like to believe that this would work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X