Answering the door naked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answering the door naked

We got our first house a while back and I love it. I love being able to get up in the morning naked and stay that way until I go back to bed. I felt less able to do that in our apartmenet because neighbours could see in. Now that the warmer weather is finally here, I am planning to be nude as much as possible. I may put up a few pics of the new place.

Today has been the first day so far where I have stayed naked and it is great. As I was washing some dishes, I was looking out the window and saw the mail get delivered and it got me thinking about how I would have to get dressed is someone knocked or rang the bell. I imagined that if it was a nudist friend (not that I have any around here, but...), then I would be able to answer the door without running for a robe.

Or would I?

Obviously, if it was another nudist at the door, it wouldn't be a problem for them, but what if someone was walking by on the street at the same time? I am in my home, but if I am visible to someone who glances my way, does that count as being in nude in public? I don't care about someone peeking in the window-- if they're going to do that, then they can't complain since they're looking into my private space, but I am not sure about other situations.

Thoughts?

Re: Answering the door naked

I always have a pair of shorts hanging on the doorknob of the front door to throw on in a hurry if necessary.

Comment

I think you should keep a wrap or a pair of shorts by the door to put on. That's what I do. Not many people are OK with being confronted by a nude person unexpetedly. Yes, it's your house and you have right to do as you wish, but it's easier to take care of business when folks aren't freaked out.

Comment

You are relaxing at home sans clothes when you hear the door.
        'Ding dong'
        You go to the door and call out the following question, "What is a textile?"
        "Something you're not!"
        "Come on in, I'm decent!"

Or the alternative answer:
        "I don't know, a piece of clothing?"
        Grumbling to yourself, you manage to call out, "Hold on a second." while putting on something.

Bob S.

Comment

Lol.

I am not really expecting to answert the door nude, but I was just wondering about it and where one's private space ends and public space begins. Just for my own edification.

Too bad it has to be an issue at all.

Comment

In most cases, public space is considered the city sidewalk or street in front of your property. In this state, if one is observed nude from the street, even though they are on their property, you could possibly be cited for indecent exposure (flashing). If the person who files the complaint is a member of the opposite sex or a minor, you could land on the sex offenders list for a long time.
            Granted, that's the worst case senerio, but stranger things have happened. Steve78621 is right on with his advice....keep a coverup handy. And a pair of shorts hanging on your front door knob makes for good conversation when you have textile company over.

Comment

Someday when a career church recruiter knocks-I WILL ANSWER THE DOOR NAKED-this I vow!!!

Comment

Not all places would going out nude get you arrested. In Oregon there is no law against simple nudity-not that it is common. If you get to in-your-face about it there will be reactions possibly up to the point of breach of the peace, but probably not. Evidence letter to the Editor of The Oregonian this morning (note that the writer is offended for the children):
                --------------------------------------
                Not amused by nude cyclists
                Posted by Matthew Moody , Newberg, June 17, 2009 5:00AM

I was traveling along MLK Blvd and stopped at Broadway on June 13, around 3:15pm . Minding my own business; preparing to celebrate my mother's birthday with my 10 year old. I looked to the left and amazement overtook me. I saw not one, not two, but 20-30 NUDE bicyclists heading my way.

A few Portlanders have this misguided belief (and convinced others) that in order to make the city livable, they have to be weird and carryout the "anything goes" attitude.

Portland is a beautiful city. To make a city livable and even more beautiful is to ensure that all citizens and visitors feel they can enjoy what the city has to offer

I was offended by this display because it was thrust upon my child. If you like nudity, there are two options for you. 1) Keep it in the privacy of your own property or 2) visit a clothing optional beach. For the city to condone this behavior lets me know the city is not doing its job of protecting it most vulnerable visitors and citizens, the children.

-----------------
                I wish I had been there to see it I would have cheered them on.

Comment

I always have something hidden in afew places just in case.

Comment

I've been thinking about things related to this. For example: I'm almost always naked at home. The few friends I have that come over with any regularity aren't shocked by it by now. And, yet, my clothes are in a dresser in the bedroom.

Why? This makes it inconvenient for those times when I decide I need to be dressed for something - I have to go to the bedroom. I don't sleep clothed; I don't dress after showering. The most common time I put on clothes is when I'm leaving the house - which is done through the living room, not the bedroom. So, why are the clothes in the bedroom?

I'm thinking of moving the dresser; people may think it's strange, but it's not like they think I'm typical now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by richo View Post
                      I've been thinking about things related to this. For example: I'm almost always naked at home. ...And, yet, my clothes are in a dresser in the bedroom.

Why? This makes it inconvenient for those times when I decide I need to be dressed for something - I have to go to the bedroom. ...

I'm thinking of moving the dresser; people may think it's strange, but it's not like they think I'm typical now anyway.
                      Hmmm ... maybe to the garage (is it attached?), so you can get dressed next to the car last thing before leaving? Or the laundry room next to the garage? Why move your clothes around so much ...

Comment

It is illegal for someone to be seen naked from a public area such as the street or a sidewalk not on your property. In Canada, it is a disorderly conduct charge, although the Attorney General has to consent to the filing of those charges.

Bob S.

Comment

I would keep something to put on if someone came to the door. You all now how people can be about someone nude, that don't know the joy of being nude, it's O my God call the police get the law on you.And the people that go bye someone house and your nude, in your house because their eyes have to look into your home, they have to get police all over you.I keep the front shade down when nude around the house, so no one can BUO. You that have private in the wood homes have all the luck, from the eyes of anti-nude. When will the world see God give us nudity to be as, he made us all,

Comment

I live in an urban "ranch style" home built in 1964. This design means all the bedroom windows are long and up high, which affords more privacy. However, I went to J.C. Penny store and bought sheer curtains for all the windows in the house, which would let the sunlight in but is impossible to see into the house from the outside, in the daytime. In the nighttime, If I am nude, I have to pull the drapes which are additionaly on all windows.

However, in one room (sometimes called family, recreation, or den room), overlooking the back yard, the window sills are down lower. Therefore I bought sheer cafe curtains from J.C. Penny store and put them all on horizontal curtain rods there at the midpoint of the window, but there are no sheer cafe curtains at the top (the top half of the windows are naked), but there are sheer curtains at the bottom half of the windows, letting in the sunlight but blocking the view into that room from the outside, in the daytime.

For sun bathing nude in the back yard, I put up green sheets of vinyl from the camping department of the discount store. I placed several long "shepard's hooks" from the discount store's garden department into the ground to hold up the vinyl sheets. I had placed a rope through the many eye- rings which were manufactured in the vinyl (camping) sheets. Therefore, the rope with the vinyl is simply placed into the top curve of the several Shephard's hooks.

Comment

If you are nude and you would have to run to the bedroom for clothes and to get dressed, the "caller" on the outside may decide by that time that you are not at home because you have not answered right away.

Therefore, if you do not have clothing handy in the living room, you could open the door and just let your head (but not your body) be seen by the one who is knocking. He/she would well understand your concern at being not fully clothed.

Comment

Working...
                              X