Answering the door naked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Answering the door naked

I posted about this topic a few months back.

http://www.clothesfreeforum.com/show...6&postcount=75

Comment

I have wondered about this. I have a 100-foot easement with a greenway behind my house. The houses in the next cul-de-sac cannot see my house. During the day, I have my windows open. I am not worried about anyone on the greenway seeing me since you cannot see in the house from the bright outdoors. But at night with lights on inside, you would be able to see in clearly.

My question is, do I have to cover up at night if the greenway is "closed" after sunset? Technically it is illegal to be on the greenway so if someone sees me, am I in the right?

Comment

I think am going to have to agree with you here Steve78621. You just don't know what people will think or say behind your back when you are not around after confronting you at your front door nude. Covering up for a quick second or minute will save you many hassles amd problems down the road. Just my insight here.

Ken Palmer

Originally posted by Steve78621 View Post
        I think you should keep a wrap or a pair of shorts by the door to put on. That's what I do. Not many people are OK with being confronted by a nude person unexpetedly. Yes, it's your house and you have right to do as you wish, but it's easier to take care of business when folks aren't freaked out.

Comment

Kouak: "My question is, do I have to cover up at night if the greenway is "closed" after sunset? Technically it is illegal to be on the greenway so if someone sees me, am I in the right?"

That is a good question. Your argument would be that since you could not have expected others to be on the public (?) greenway as someone on it could be cited as trespassing, you were in the right, but then, there are some jurists who would say that the trespasser could still see you from the public.

If I had to guess, I think you could argue successfully.

Bob S.

Comment

Just the other day, a lady came calling at the door. Although I was nude, I will not answer the door in that state, BUT rather than putting on a pair of shorts, I just put on my wrap around. Legally, I am covered although it was clearly apparent there was nothing on underneath with the split side. She just wanted to sell some goods, and when I answered the door, she seemed surprised I had so little covering. I can tell she was taken by surprise, but that didn't stop her from asking if I wanted anything.

As for being seen from within your house, you are considered to be within your own private residence. But the catch is, if you can be seen from the street AND if someone reports you, then you have to abide by covering up, or just close the shades/curtains. If you have heavy traffic in front of your house, it is better to close the shades/curtains than taking a chance to be seen by the general public. Even if the neighbors know of your indoor nudity, there are "visitors" who can report you if they so wish. Better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

HMM.... i'd never think that i going to answer a door naked!

Comment

I believe you should not answer door nude. People think nudist after sex and other things can dream up.and some people, not into something that you or I like etc. If someone goes by your house, and see you walking around your nude, get all upset and report you. They should not be looking into house in the 1st place. It's good too try and give nudist a good name if we can.They just don't understand what wrong with the way God made us. Have a great nude day.

Comment

Yesterday, I had this in reverse.

I went to someone's house and apparently caught him as he was getting out of the shower.

He came to the door wrapped in a towel. When he reached out a hand to shake mine, the towel fell and he was nude.

I said hello.

He apologized and I said I had seen it all before and suggested I come in so he would not be outside naked.

Once we were both inside and the door was closed, as we talked, he dried himself off, and then put the towel in the bathroom. We continued to talk with him totally naked.

He told me that he appreciated not feeling ashamed.

I told him what he was doing was natural and did not bother me at all.

Comment

Living at home, I always walk from the bathroom to the bedroom with a pair of boxers on. We live in a bungalow and it's just habit, I guess. But, one day, we were going out for a meal and my parents said they were walking down and they knew I would drive down.

When I am alone in the house, I always walk from bathroom to bedroom with nothing on. On one occassion, I was walking back to my bedroom and there was a knock on the door, so I walked to the door completely forgetting I had nothing on. Our door has a large frosted glass panel as the top half and it was only when I got to the door I realised that I had nothing on. I saw through the window it was a lady from across the road who I get on well with and have been out for a drink with on a few occassions. I thought "Sod it" and opened the door halfway and hid behind it. She let out a little gasp as she could see the one half of me naked, but my genitals were hiden but a few pubes were visible. I said "Sorry" and explained the situation, to which she said she couldn't see anything anyway but guessed I didn't have anything on when she saw me coming through the frosted glass, although she couldn't clearly make anything out. She said that she'd come to collect a large bag that my mum had promised her, so I asked her to give a second to walk back to my room to get dressed and she could come and collect it. Unfortunately, as I walked back to my room, I forgot to push the door slightly and she saw my backside as I walked back, to which she laughed and whistled.

I got dressed and gave her a hand to her house with the bag and we had a laugh about it afterwards

Comment

I don't think there should be a problem, unless you are being lude and sexually suggestive with the person you meet at the front door. If you are behaving normally, I don't think that should be a problem. Add to the fact that technically, you are not in public if you are in your own house.

Comment

How can you forget you are naked? I am nude lottsa times but when someone rings the doorbell, I'm fully conscious of my nakedness.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly99 View Post
                          How can you forget you are naked?
                          I think what people mean is that being nude feels so natural that you don't give it a thought.

Of course, when there is a knock at the door, I realize I'm naked -- because I'll be facing another person.

But, there are many times when I start for the back door to put out the trash (where I don't expect to see people -- but they can easily see me), and I realize I must stop and slip something on.

I think it's just being "comfortable in your skin" -- literally!

Comment

Originally posted by Home Nudist View Post
                            I think what people mean is that being nude feels so natural that you don't give it a thought.

Of course, when there is a knock at the door, I realize I'm naked -- because I'll be facing another person.

But, there are many times when I start for the back door to put out the trash (where I don't expect to see people -- but they can easily see me), and I realize I must stop and slip something on.

I think it's just being "comfortable in your skin" -- literally!
                            I have certainly been so comfortable nude that I have "forgotten" I was so. I think you also forget that it is even an issue, that is really what happens.

Comment

I'm not an attorney -- but what I do know about the laws in some places =

You can be nude in your own house, out of public view (obviously).

You can be nude where there may be an expectation of being nude -- for instance, a locker room, doctor's examination room, nudist resort, legally sanctioned nude beach, etc.

HOWEVER --

in most locales, being nude, even on your own property or in your own house, where you can be seen in public view, can bring you a citation.

in many locales, being in a state of nudity "to cause alarm or affront" can also bring you a citation.

Some Beavis and Butthead types joke, "heh heh, when the Jehovah's Witnesses come to the door, I'll answer the door naked. Heh heh, he said naked, heh heh."

DON'T. In a lot of places, if you do that to scare someone, you can be charged under the same statutes that get the flashers-in-the-raincoats prosecuted. Regardless of what signage you put up, you could still be arrested. If the complainant is a minor, you will be in deeper trouble.

Comment

You see the July 15 Family Circus cartoon?

Bob S.

From arcamax publishing:

Comment

Working...
                                X