Answering the door naked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Answering the door naked

Yeah I answer the door naked. I just tell people to excuse my nakedness,because I was on the way to the shower. They all say have said that that they understand.

Comment

LOVE THAT CARTOON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Arnabas View Post
        Obviously, if it was another nudist at the door, it wouldn't be a problem for them, but what if someone was walking by on the street at the same time? I am in my home, but if I am visible to someone who glances my way, does that count as being in nude in public? I don't care about someone peeking in the window-- if they're going to do that, then they can't complain since they're looking into my private space, but I am not sure about other situations.

Thoughts?

I am not an attorney and cannot give you legal advise.

However, in almost all states that I know of it is incumbent upon the person to shield themselves from public view, even within the privacy of one's own home.

As such pulling the shades and donning some shorts at the door is called for. If passers by can look in and see you nude, or you can be seen nude answering the door or getting mail. there is wide risk for you to be arrested and cited for exposure in accordince with local statutes.

The news is rife with stories about someone seen naked walking about inside their own home from passers by who were summarily arrested and charged.

Just my opinion, and to some degree, knowledge base.

DMK

Comment

Originally posted by kelly99 View Post
          How can you forget you are naked? I am nude lottsa times but when someone rings the doorbell, I'm fully conscious of my nakedness.
          In fact it did happen to me when I was new to nudism. I hid behind the door as I was opening it when my neighbor needed something.

Comment

I have never done it. With the windows in the door down to waist level, it sounds like a bad idea.

Comment

Originally posted by DKirkpatrick View Post
              I am not an attorney and cannot give you legal advise.

However, in almost all states that I know of it is incumbent upon the person to shield themselves from public view, even within the privacy of one's own home.

As such pulling the shades and donning some shorts at the door is called for. If passers by can look in and see you nude, or you can be seen nude answering the door or getting mail. there is wide risk for you to be arrested and cited for exposure in accordince with local statutes.

The news is rife with stories about someone seen naked walking about inside their own home from passers by who were summarily arrested and charged.

Just my opinion, and to some degree, knowledge base.

DMK
              I think it depends on the gender of the person that is nude. Woman, they can get the complainer arrested for being a voyer. Man, he is obviously a pervert and an exhibtionist that should be arrested. At least that is the way it seems to me.

Saw a TV show and a woman on it was complaining that she was being peeped on. The guy who was watching her took it to the extreem and was video taping her and even set up something so that he could get his camera closer to the second story bathroom window where she could be seen, so not defending him or his actions, but when they showed some of the video she could easily be seen at the window because it had no curtains, blinds, nothing to conceal the view from the outside, and this particuliar video was shot at night and so she had the bathroom light on so anyone would be able to see her who happened to be on that side of her house.

Comment

About thirty years ago, I was the one who was ringing doorbells and having people answer the door in various stages of undress. Back then, I took part of my vacation during September and was involved in a door-to-door effort to recruit additional members for our local civic association. I would go out around 9:00 in the morning and work until about noon or so. I guess many women were not part of the workforce as they are today because it was mostly women who answered the door. I didn’t encounter anyone who was totally nude, but often times they sure came close. I did have one topless woman invite me in. What amazed me then, and still amazes me to this day, is how little most of them seemed to care about covering up. Being a nudist, I was not at all offended as I encountered bathrobes, towels, sheer nighties, sheer lingerie, bra and panties and tiny bikinis. It was surprising how many women answered the door wearing only a longish t-shirt and nothing else. Age didn’t seem to be be a factor either—there were young women in their twenties all the way up to grandma types in their sixties. A good number of older women used a half slip as a garment to cover top and bottom; a couple of them didn’t succeed in covering adequately. I guess they needed longer half slips.
                Well, regardless of what happened then, today my wife and I usually have no hesitation about answering the door totally nude for someone we know. The regulars include at present four delivery people and one power company meter reader. Two of the delivery people are male, the other two and the meter reader are female. I guess we’re lucky, because we've had no trouble with any of them. We act natural, and none of them makes any fuss either. Plus that, by now, they are used to seeing us nude. One of the female delivery people, however, did make a sexual reference the first time she saw me all hangin' out. She didn't make my lack of clothing a problem, though. In fact, she has since become a good friend of ours, and now she seems the most casual and most accepting of our home nudist lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
                  I think it depends on the gender of the person that is nude. Woman, they can get the complainer arrested for being a voyer. Man, he is obviously a pervert and an exhibtionist that should be arrested. At least that is the way it seems to me.
                  Isn't this so true. Is it possible that this is because most of the law enforcement and courts system are male? Or that guys are more aggressive so they need to be kept in check?

Comment

i remember when i was younger 10 or so .
                    I used to deliver new papers one house asked that i rang the door bell .
                    one time a young girl answered the door in the nude .

Comment

Originally posted by Kouak View Post
                      Isn't this so true. Is it possible that this is because most of the law enforcement and courts system are male? Or that guys are more aggressive so they need to be kept in check?
                      I do not think that the law enforcement and courts being mostly male has anything to do with it, I think that it is the thought that males are more aggressive and that a nude male is often mistakenly thought of has obviously being up to no good. If a woman is nude in public or at the front door the thoughts are usually of mental health issues.

Comment

...I think it depends on the gender of the person that is nude. Woman, they can get the complainer arrested for being a voyer. Man, he is obviously a pervert and an exhibtionist that should be arrested...
                        ...I think that it is the thought that males are more aggressive and that a nude male is often mistakenly thought of has obviously being up to no good. If a woman is nude in public or at the front door the thoughts are usually of mental health issues.
                        I am learning all about US (or at least SoCal) preconceptions! But it certainly helps identify where to target social re-engineering! Perhaps, rather than shoot for gender equality in caricatures, we can just start over from scratch? I hadn't really thought of a handy topic of conversation with my FedEx or gas meter folks, but now I think I have some ideas.

Comment

I think that it is the thought that males are more aggressive and that a nude male is often mistakenly thought of has obviously being up to no good. If a woman is nude in public or at the front door the thoughts are usually of mental health issues.
                          You know, Nimrod... I'm really questionning whether it is the sex of the nude person or the state of mind of the viewer... you know "open," "closed," "flexible," "rigid"... that kind of thing. Even though it is legal and I could walk topfree in Oregon, I would choose to limit the amount of discomfort that I caused others using the public space. But if they get on my private patio when I am out there or if I ended up opening the door while in some state of undress... I'm O.K. with that. I've not had the opportunity to greet guests at the door of this basement apartment I'm currently in. But as I get more accustom to being clothes free... I see no problem in and around my own home.

And I do agree with Agde:

Originally posted by Agde View Post
                          Perhaps, rather than shoot for gender equality in caricatures, we can just start over from scratch?

Comment

I'm surprised I haven't posted on this thread before ...

Anyway: It's bound to happen that somone will knock on the door of my apartment; I do keep a pair of shorts right by the door in case I'm naked at the time -- which is my default state when I'm at home. I've answered the door naked the very few times when I've been sure that the person knocking wouldn't mind, or was in fact a nudist. A sense of freedom to savor!

Truth is, though, I do feel a little bit nervous about opening the door to "just anyone": and the deeper truth is that I also feel like a coward for being so nervous.

I can imagine the day will come when I'll be free enough to open the door to anyone whatever my state of dress or undress; maybe one day it'll happen. But I ain't quite there yet.

Sadly.

So I don't go to the door -- but I do ...

... Write Naked

Comment

I recently purchased a "sticky" for the front window that states, "Clothing optional beyond this point". I was curious if my wife would let me put it up since we have a lot of visitors, neighborhood kids, etc. during the week. But it has been up for the past week. Does this give me the green light to answer the door nude? I dont think so, but it should be a warning to not just walk in without knocking first, which just happened the other day. Luckily I was in the kitchen and dressed (shorts).

Comment

Maybe HW has just been going in and out the back door Mike.

It's a good idea anyway. Good luck.

b.l.
                                Last edited by Baron Lake; 10-14-2009, 12:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X