Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Answering the door naked

Originally posted by Agde View Post
    I am learning all about US (or at least SoCal) preconceptions! But it certainly helps identify where to target social re-engineering! Perhaps, rather than shoot for gender equality in caricatures, we can just start over from scratch? I hadn't really thought of a handy topic of conversation with my FedEx or gas meter folks, but now I think I have some ideas.
    Originally posted by MeBNude View Post
    You know, Nimrod... I'm really questionning whether it is the sex of the nude person or the state of mind of the viewer... you know "open," "closed," "flexible," "rigid"... that kind of thing. Even though it is legal and I could walk topfree in Oregon, I would choose to limit the amount of discomfort that I caused others using the public space. But if they get on my private patio when I am out there or if I ended up opening the door while in some state of undress... I'm O.K. with that. I've not had the opportunity to greet guests at the door of this basement apartment I'm currently in. But as I get more accustom to being clothes free... I see no problem in and around my own home.

And I do agree with Agde:
    I will try to answer to both at once and hopefully clearify a bit.

I was trying to make a statement of attitudes that I have observed from textiles of both sexes. The usual statements I hear when a woman is nude in public are along the lines of, "I wonder whats wrong with her?", "She could be drunk or on drugs.", "Maybe she came from a bad home?", "She's just an exihitionist, you think there is something wrong with her?", and "She must be a slut.". The last statement usually from young guys. When it is a man and he is not drunk or on drugs the statements are usually that he is a pervert, sexual preditor, or possible pedophile if there were kids anywhere within a mile radius of the man(slight exageration maybe 1/4 mile).

My ideas may have been shaped some from media hype, but I have also heard people around me say some of what I have described above.

Agde, I am not sure if you are directing your statement at me or SoCal in general. I was not trying to generalize, just sharing an observation I have made about some textiles.

MeBNude, so you are right in saying that it is the preception of the viewer, but from what I have observed it is also gender specific.
    Last edited by nimrod; 10-12-2009, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nimrod View Post
      ...Agde, I am not sure if you are directing your statement at me or SoCal in general. I was not trying to generalize, just sharing an observation I have made about some textiles...
      So sorry! My comment wasn't directed at you or at SoCal. I am a fan of both! I suspect you've accurately described the preconceptions, and was just thinking that both male pervert and female nut-case thoughts were public assumptions that naturists could usefully hold up and discount equally as not necessarily true. Contrasting recognizable public preconceptions with radically different naturist values and attitudes can be a powerful way to challenge and change public thinking about nudity!

Comment

Originally posted by Agde View Post
        So sorry! My comment wasn't directed at you or at SoCal. I am a fan of both! I suspect you've accurately described the preconceptions, and was just thinking that both male pervert and female nut-case thoughts were public assumptions that naturists could usefully hold up and discount equally as not necessarily true. Contrasting recognizable public preconceptions with radically different naturist values and attitudes can be a powerful way to challenge and change public thinking about nudity!
        Thanks for the clearification, I did not want to misunderstand your post and make it something other then it was. I think that you are right in trying to change the preconceptions with some reality of what true naturism is about.

Something that came to me just as I was responding is that I have heard some refer to a nude male as mentally ill, but it had an aggresive aspect to the mental illness where as the women are still mentally ill, but without the aggresion.

Comment

Yes, I always answer the door naked. I am nude always at home. No children in the area so that is not a problem. It is my home and that's how I like to be, nude.

Comment

Yup I have. Only I didn't have anything handy to put on. So I stood behind the door and politely told them thanks but no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Lake View Post
              Maybe HW has just been going in and out the back door Mike.

It's a good idea anyway. Good luck.

b.l.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think so, since her smoking "area" is located just outside the front door, which is close to the window with the sign. lol Everyone knows of my 'attire', or lack of, so it shouldn't be a surprise, but the sign is mostly for salespeople who might want to sell their products, or unwanted guests. In any case, it's there as a warning.

Take care and good luck as well.

Comment

A few days ago, I heard a knock at the door, I looked out the window and no one was there. I peeked out the door and saw a box delivered by FedEx. Just as I opened the door to bring it inside, the driver brought up a second box. I had only just barely opened the door when I noticed he came back to deliver the second box, so I don't know whether he saw me or not. If he did see me, he didn't say anything. I didn't have to sign for the boxes, so he just left them there by the front door.

Comment

I answered the gate nude today as I was in my back yard watering the grass, I was about 15 feet back from my gate when someone rattled it and anounced they were here to read my gas meter. As I figured he knew I was there and may well have seen me I went up and before opening the gate I announced I was nude.

He said that was ok and proceeeded through my back yard and read the meter. I did not bother to put anything on and busied myself holding the dogs. He read the meter and went on his way and I continued watering my grass & flowers.

Barefischer

Comment

I believe many meter readers come across nude people in the course of their work. They are more likely concerned about dogs than bare bodies. I have several small dogs and they roam the yard behind my wooden fence daring anything or anybody to enter their domain. My meter is on the side of the house near the driveway outside the fence.

Comment

Delivery people and meter readers don't have the time to worry about seeing the occasional nude person. They have routes and just want to finish them. Those routes (especially with the post office) don't allow time for dawdling or small talk. In other words, they really don't care.

Comment

I did answer the door for my Schwann's delivery man with a towel the first time he made a stop. I explained I a nudist and hoped that was not a problem for him, he assured me it was not, so now I am nude when ever he shows up. I also told him I might be in back by the pool, so if I don't answer check the side gate. I have also told him he can jump in the pool and cool down if he wishes, hasn;t taken me up on the offer yet. a couple of times he has suprised me with a substitute delivery person, but he also told me there is a note on my account that I am a nudist

The meter reader was taken by suprise a couple of times I have been home during the day and out in the nude by the pool, but he always stays and talks to me

Comment

Welcome to the forum nqpman.

Comment

Originally posted by nqpman View Post
                            I did answer the door for my Schwann's delivery man with a towel the first time he made a stop. I explained I a nudist and hoped that was not a problem for him, he assured me it was not, so now I am nude when ever he shows up.
                            A Schwann's delivery truck drives through Glen Eden nudist resort every week or so and is frequently surrounded by naked people picking up their orders or putting in new orders at every stop it makes.

I've always figured the driver pays Schwanns for getting to drive that route.

Comment

I was at De Anza last Feb. for a few days and there was a Schwann's truck parked at one of the resident homes most of the time we were there. I thought about knocking to buy something but I didn't want to intrude on their off work time.

Comment

Answering the door nude might be illegal. Nudity law varies from state to state and within some states.

In some places, it is legal to walk down the street naked, and in some others if you are merely seen through a window by your neighbor in their house you can end up on the sex offender registry. So it is always wise as a first step to consult with an attorney in your area to find out what might get you into trouble.

Once you get past that, the moral issue and how you might handle the different reactions you will get from visitors are your decisions to make.

Comment

Working...
                                X