Answering the door naked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Answering the door naked

I might have said this early on in the thread -- but answering the door in the nude COULD bring charges. If you were to open the door while you're nude, and there were kids on the other side of your doorway -- selling Girl Scout cookies, collecting for the CYO, handing out Bible tracts, etc. --- you could be in serious legal trouble, in spite of any "CAUTION - I AM NAKED" signs you might have.

There are also laws in many places that amount to being nude to intentionally cause affront (offend people) or alarm (scare 'em). If you do that for a yuk-yuk, to see what kind of reaction you get from the Jehovah's Witnesses, you could end up going for as we say in Massachusetts, a "ride".

Comment

I live in the Philipinnes now, nudity anywhere is illegal, even in the home according to Statute as raised by the Roman Catholic church of the Philippines, very backward and inward looking side of said church. Ignored by many I beleive. When I was in the UK I used to answer the door when I was naked, In used to work so sometimes I would be dressed durin the day, I was retired and doing a voluntary driving job and may only be home for a short period between jobs. Weekends I was always naked and if the weather was not wet I used to go walking nude along the cliffs near my home or throuh the woods. There were a few times I unexpectedly met people, yet no one complained most passed the time of day, many stopped to chat, even made a couple of friends that way, non nudist yet when visiting me accepted me being nude, if I went to visit them I was invited to strip if I wanted, occasionally in the summer in their garden I would. Went one Saturday and found after I had been there quite a while they were having a barbeque evening with other friends!!!!!! The first ones arrived when I was still nude, told not to dress, we had an evening of discussion on nakedness,naturism how the Bible looked at it and modern mankind, very enlightening and interesting.

Comment

martin30: Interesting information you give about nudity being illegal in the Philipines. Many years ago in the county in Illinois where I grew up, there was a doctor from the Philipines. It was reported by trustworthy sources that his house had no interior doors. I had often wondered if that was a cultural, Filipino, thing, or if it might be related to the fact of the town he lived in being just a few, maybe 10 to 12 miles from a nudist park, wondering if he was a nudist, in other words. It doesn't seem possible for more than one person to live in a house without interior doors and not occasionally see someone without all their clothes on. I really don't know how many people lived in that house. Or if it was just a personal eccentricity. He has passed on some years ago and I have no idea what happened to the house.

But I guess now, based on you statement, that if he was a nudist, he probably didn't get it from growing up in the Filipines. And probably didn't get 'no interior doors' that way either.

Thanks, but I still wonder about that. alfredr

Comment

Apart from the (important) legal consequences, conformance with social norms based on some sort of "respect for others" is to
          automatically give up the high ground. It is a concession to the idea that being nude is aberrant and unacceptable behavior.
          The right to live our lives by rational standards is compromised by fearful conformity. Oh, gee, look at the time. Well,
          of to watch DWTS now.

Comment

Both my in-laws and my parents have a key to the front gate (our property is secured, no one can get in without us allowing them) and at least one of the doors to our house is normally open so they can easily walk in on me. Incidentally although my parents and in-laws know I am a nudist, they haven't seen me nude.

Comment

Working...
            X