Reducing Crime and overhead for business

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing Crime and overhead for business

I recently read any article that discussed the amount of "shoplifting" (stealing items from stores for anyone not familiar with the term) from retail stores, especially this time of year. According to the article, there are billions (yes, billions!) of dollars worth of merchandise stolen every year with a high percentage of it at Christmas time. People use coats with false pockets, something called a booster bag and even just baggy clothes to hide their loot.
    Just think how much money a retail store could save by virtually eliminating this problem by having everyone shop nude. Nothing could be hidden or slipped in a pocket or down a pants leg. A nice warm store, even if the temperature outside is freezing, should not have any problems getting people in. They could even reduce their prices since they wouldn't have to worry about things being stolen. Somehow, in their quest to get more people into stores, sell more, and reduce costs, I cannot find anyone who does it. Maybe we could suggest this to store owners and see what they think.

I recently read any article that discussed the amount of "shoplifting" (stealing items from stores for anyone not familiar with the term) from retail stores, especially this time of year. According to the article, there are billions (yes, billions!) of dollars worth of merchandise stolen every year with a high percentage of it at Christmas time. People use coats with false pockets, something called a booster bag and even just baggy clothes to hide their loot.
    Just think how much money a retail store could save by virtually eliminating this problem by having everyone shop nude. Nothing could be hidden or slipped in a pocket or down a pants leg. A nice warm store, even if the temperature outside is freezing, should not have any problems getting people in. They could even reduce their prices since they wouldn't have to worry about things being stolen. Somehow, in their quest to get more people into stores, sell more, and reduce costs, I cannot find anyone who does it. Maybe we could suggest this to store owners and see what they think.

Comment

Even if the stores went along with nude shopping, you can be sure most people wouldn't. You would have gawkers there for no reason other than to see naked people. Nudists would like the idea; some people who aren't nudists might be willing to try it, but many wouldn't. Parents would protest that it would be harmful to their kids to see naked people running around in the store.

Since you would have to undress and dress in the store, there would have to be a guard to watch the clothes. I had a coat stolen one winter (and our winters are COLD) and had to go home without a coat in December. Fortunately, I had spare keys in my wallet.

Shopping nude is a great idea if only the majority of people would go along with it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Shopping nude hmmm now that appeals to me and I wouldnt mine the gawkers because Im not ashamed of my naked body.

Comment

For several months, it was possible to shop nude at The Nudist Store, located in a strip (!) mall just north of Toronto. It sold nudist magazines, videos, suncare products, etc.

This store was open to the public and clothing-optional to patrons. Malcolm, the guy who ran it, wanted to provide an opportunity for members of the public to experience nudity in an everyday setting without having to make the commitment to visit a nudist park or clothing-optional beach. He was always nude, as was any other staffer on duty.

The store was well accepted by the mall owner, the other tenants and the various service people (e.g. courier). As you might expect, the media were intrigued, and there were a number of features in newspapers and on TV.

The Nudist Store's revenue comes mostly from mail order. After some months, Malcolm moved his store out of the mall to one of the local nudist parks, presumably because of economics.
          But it was a noble experiment.

Gary

Comment

What a great idea. I never new about the store in Toronto. Now that is progressive in deed. Perhaps others will give it a try. Have a great day nude. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
              Just think how much money a retail store could save by virtually eliminating this problem by having everyone shop nude.
              Do you honestly believe this?

Comment

Dukhat, it does sound strange, but it is a great idea. Who am I to judge if it be truth or not? I love getting naked and it sounded like a fun place to shop. Oh well, perhaps in the future. Personally, I wish there was a nude pool hall. INA has one. Perhaps I will have an opportunity to play some nude pool one of these days. Enjoy life to the fullest and stay nude whenever you can. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

QUOTE]Do you honestly believe this?[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yes, as a matter of fact I do. If billions of dollars of items are stolen every year by people using the clothing I mentioned before, why wouldn't it work? You could set up lockers for people to store their clothes in, cover the windows to prevent "peeping toms" and only allow nude shoppers in. If you don't think it would work, why not?

Comment

It's a preposterous idea. To believe that anyone, nudist or otherwise, would want to shop at a store which so overtly assumes from the outset that all their customers are shoplifters is a delusion. OK, perhaps there are some people who like being treated as criminals but not me.

Rik

Comment

quote:
                      If you don't think it would work, why not?
                      1. It would be against the law (see below).

2. Rik's explanation.

3. Many people here seem to think that nudism is a cure-all for all of life's problems. It's not. Nudism will not make shoplifters go away. Nudism will not repair broken marriages. Nudism will not bring about world peace.

4. How long do you usually browse around in a store? Like, ten minutes? Why would I want to take my clothes off just for that?

5. You are also going under the assumption that both the store owners and the customers will just blindly accept this rule. What if, god forbid, the customers don't want to take off their clothes? Will the owners just forbid them to shop in their store, effectively making zero revenue for them when they could have had a sale? Not to mention the fact that the store could be sued for this type of discriminating behavior. Sure, the store in Toronto could let you shop nude if you wanted, but they didn't penalize you if you didn't.

Let's leave the shoplifting problem to the security camera & sensors.

Comment

I only have one question...Where do you put your money if you dont have clothes? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I put my money and ID in a fanny pack when Im nude. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Hello all. If you go shopping you are not usually in there long enough. How about what Snoboy said and have a nude pool hall? or how about Nude Bowling? Then you can stay nude quite so time. I myself would love to try nude Bowling, make it "Nude Family Nite" or "Nude Moonlite Bowling". Just a suggestion.If I ever win the Lotto I will open a Nude Bowling Alley [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] ..Bye..Stay Nude and Enjoy.. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

Last October, a shop that sells yoga wear offered a free half hour of shopping to people who would do so nude. About 40 people showed up to claim the 30 available passes. No problems at all -- not surprising since Vancouver is pretty laid back (has its own nude beach within city limits).

Here's a link to the full story (make sure to cut and paste the full link):

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew...0/28/2781.html

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X