X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunnysmile_fl
    replied
    Re: is the law an ***?

I am a strong believer in the theory of there is a place and time for everything, and I'd go further to say that every major city that has a beach should set aside a reasonable portion of that beach property to cater to those who would choose to sunbathe or swim nude. That in itsself would end many controversies and arguements between nudists and textiles because now nudists will have a proper place and those not willing to participate can choose another beach & be happy.

Qld, as I understand is a lovely area with some really fantastic beach areas so why not at least one area designated to the nudist communities of the state, as well as generate tourist interests in nudists from NSW and other, Australian states? (May also help turn the heads of the politicians in Vic around and get them to loosen up a bit about nudity and naturism-heh heh)

Leave a comment:

• RalphVa
    replied

My opinion is that police have no business trying to arrest anyone for being naked. Most laws in the US and likely even in Queensland are against indecent behavior. Just being naked isn't being indecent. So, police shouldn't get involved unless or until someone makes a complaint against someone for behaving indecently. What often causes an indecent behavior complaint is someone being naked and doing something that draws attention to their being so. Some complain when just seeing someone naked. This complaint generally doesn't stick, although some police will do the arrest, and then the person has to defend themselves in court. Police really shouldn't even do any arresting unless they find that the person actually behaved indecently, but some police, too, believe that just being naked is indecent.

Leave a comment:

• richinud
    replied

Originally posted by lena34 View Post
    We live in queensland Australia where we have no official nude beaches but great weather for it. My husband and I were sunbathing nude at a regualr beach when we were approached by 2 men.. undercover police. They had been lurking around the back of the beach sneaking up on people...
    YES, the law is an ***! You'd think they'd have better things to do than to pretent to be the moral guardians of society than to "sneak up on people" who are minding their own business, wouldn't you? You can read about some of my own personal experiences of dealing with the police, here: http://www.naktiv.net/legal/experience.html

Essentially, the upshot of the above tales in cases where one happens to be fined for being naked in a public space, it seems the MORE people you see when you are naked, the less of an offence is taken by the magistrate, and the lower the fine. Everyone who wishes to be naked anywhere they might encounter textiles, could do with realising this rather important point.

Rich.

Leave a comment:

• NudeAl
    replied

That is very much the same sort of thing that goes on over here in the states. Do you belong to a national nudist organization? I would encourage you to contact them and perhaps even write a letter to your local newpaper expressing exactly what you stated here. This is a victemless crime and a huge waste of government resources perhaps it is time to petition the government to designate a portion of this beach as clothing optional.

Leave a comment:

• lena34
    started a topic is the law an ***?

is the law an ***?

We live in queensland Australia where we have no official nude beaches but great weather for it. My husband and I were sunbathing nude at a regualr beach when we were approached by 2 men.. undercover police. They had been lurking around the back of the beach sneaking up on people in what i would say remote areas and bailing us up for what is an innocent past time. I do thank them for not booking us but they didnt threaten me with it just my husband.. in some respects im glad there is no equality there.! So are we spending big tax payer dollars being moral police or enforcing a draconian law? Personally i would like to see them patrolling in uniform to keep the public safe and Im sure most if not all nudist would welcome that not a bunch of bush lurkers trying to embarass us harmless nudists!
Working...
X