X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this site doomed?

I just read this article

DOOMED

and wondered if true, what impact, if any will it have on this site.

Yes I did check snopes first.

Comments....

I just read this article

DOOMED

Comments....

Comment

Your post has annoyed me and caused mental anguish. I'm reporting you to the DOJ.

Geez...so how exactly does this not infringe on free speech? So we can be jailed now for voicing our opinions if it annoys someone else?
      I can understand true harassment, slander...etc. But that was already actionable. Now we have to worry about simply offending someone?

hw, this site is not doomed, this COUNTRY is doomed. DOOMED I say!

Comment

The world is DOOMED.

With this handy little tidbit the defilers of this nation and the world will attempt to silence any that have the gumption to stand and say Hell, no.

Comment

They are going to have a hard time locking up everyone.

Comment

Heh, let's see them try and enforce it. Better yet, lets get everyone on the internet to send annoying/offencive emails to the DOJ and watch em try to nail everyone. Oh well, I guess I broke the law 9 times this morning before breakfast!

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by xgsft:
              Heh, let's see them try and enforce it. Better yet, lets get everyone on the internet to send annoying/offencive emails to the DOJ and watch em try to nail everyone. Oh well, I guess I broke the law 9 times this morning before breakfast!

I was thinking of a way to annoy everyone with a simple post, but I'm coming up with an annoying writers' block.

SEE! You annoyed me into it. I'm callin' the cops....

Comment

This illustrates why I think conservatives are dumb. If Bush and co. don't like that I'll happily fight them in court. FLAME ON!

Comment

It is not a major problem to change this server in other country like Canada or any other. In todays world wide web (WWW) the location has no importance and also does not mean highly added costs.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Jason Lee:
                    President Bush signed into a law a prohibition on posting or sending annoying web messages without disclosing a true identity.

it is ok to flame someone on a mailing list or in a blog as long as you do it under a real name.

"Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."

Wait, The magic word is in the law. "intent" has to be proven. I can express my opinion as much as I want as long as I don't "INTEND" to annoy. Also, I wonder how this law interacts with Internet privacy laws. Is there anyone out there with the ID "LawyerSurferDude"?

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by hw:
                      I just read this article

DOOMED

Comments....

And now all the tight-wads get their true come-uppance!!!!

quote:
                      Originally posted by nacktman:
                      The world is DOOMED.

With this handy little tidbit the defilers of this nation and the world will attempt to silence any that have the gumption to stand and say Hell, no.

Well, aren't we just a little ray of sunshine...

Comment

I will be watching for the first case to be brought based on the law and the content of an annoying (to someone) message sent via the internet.

The personal freedoms have been under attack for some time in this country. There are groups who wish to silence those who disagreewith their views. What will happen to honest, open debate on the web if this is enforced?

"Let freedom ring from the mountain tops!"

Comment

The law is real. I posted about it last week. It is however wildly unconstitutional. But with Roberts and Alito on the court that may not mean anything anymore.

-Throatwarbler McWoofWoof

Comment

Fie on this tyrannical dictatorship!

Comment

Although, in my opinion, the law has nothing to do with this forum or any web site that a person may willingly access. It does seem a bit extreme.

Civil Disobedience may be required to put it into it's proper place.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X