They call me pedophile and lewd names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They call me pedophile and lewd names

I think there should be a law that says you can't be preduce against nudist or say that just because they like being nude that they are all perveted.

It is not the truth that nudism is a perversion or any kind of deviant.

It is natural.

So many people do not know exactly what law protects nudism. Cansomebody give me a link or a image propoganda supportign nudism or listign the exact law so people will stop being preduduce.

Nudity is not a civil right and therefore not protected by law. Simple as that.

Mix with different people, go to different places. Move on.

Comment

Actually, Aaron, as usual LamontCranston gets it wrong.

Nudity IS protected by law in all states in the United States as a civil liberty and cannot be abridged by any law seeking to do so.

One, by law, may walk to the market nude if one so desired and would be well within their provence.

That said the kicker is that there can be laws to abridge lewd behaviour and laciviousness and the moralists are constantly equating nudity with lewdness and passing over-broad laws that are thrown out each time - but the time and effort to do so is not worth it for the individual in most cases.

As a point of fact those calling you a pedophile and/or other lewd names are breaking the law, both criminal and civil.
      Whereas you being nude are not.

That is unless you happen to be enthralled with Rosy DePlama doing the hand-jive in public!

Comment

Nudity IS protected by law in all states in the United States as a civil liberty and cannot be abridged by any law seeking to do so.
        Please reference at least one of them...

Take a look -- Cornell School of Law / Civil Rights

I don't see anything about the right to be nude.

A civil right is an enforceable right or privilege, which if interfered with by another gives rise to an action for injury. Examples of civil rights are freedom of speech, press, assembly, the right to vote, freedom from involuntary servitude, and the right to equality in public places. Discrimination occurs when the civil rights of an individual are denied or interfered with because of their membership in a particular group or class. Statutes have been enacted to prevent discrimination based on a persons race, sex, religion, age, previous condition of servitude, physical limitation, national origin and in some instances sexual preference.

Comment

SOURCES:

Indecent Exposure as defined from Wikipedia:

Indecent exposure is the display of bare parts of the human body that, according to the standards of the local cultural norms, would otherwise be clothed. In most public places other than designated areas where nudity is acceptable such as in nude beaches, unwelcome exposure of an adult's genitalia is the most common example of indecent exposure. More specific cases of indecent exposure may also involve masturbation, sexual intercourse, etc. in a public place.

Indecent exposure is not to be confused with flashing.

During the Victorian era, exposure of a woman's legs was considered indecent in much of the Western world. An adult woman exposing her navel was also considered indecent in the West up through as late as the 1960s and 1970s. Meanwhile, many other types of societies worldwide currently enforce strict standards of bodily modesty, an example of which is the Burqa imposed by the Taliban former regime of Afghanistan. In Pakistan, exposure of all parts of an adult woman's body is considered indecent except for ?arms up to elbows, feet and head including neck; however, wearing half sleeves and ?keeping the head uncovered are considered liberal and modern rather than the norm.[citation needed]?

What qualifies as indecent exposure varies with the authority having jurisdiction. Indecent exposure is often also a criminal offense within that area. For example, before the Labour Party of the United Kingdom revised the law, "indecent exposure" was defined exclusively as a man exposing his erect penis to the public. However, even if a male exposes his flaccid penis (i.e., without an erection) to an unsuspecting and/or unwilling observer, such an action still differs from mere public nudity in that the intent of indecent exposure is to shock or harass.

Breastfeeding does not constitute indecent exposure under the laws of the United States, Canada, or Scotland. In the United States, the federal government and the overwhelming majority of states have enacted laws specifically protecting nursing mothers from harassment by others. Legislation ranges from simply exempting breastfeeding from laws regarding indecent exposure, to outright full protection of the right to nurse. Even in those states that have no such legislation, breastfeeding is neither indecent exposure nor illegal. However, mainstream ambivalence towards breastfeeding may prevent many women from exercising this right. Laws protecting the right to nurse aim to change attitudes and promote increased feelings of freedom and entitlement to breastfeed in public.

As late as the 1930s, both women and men were largely prevented from bathing or swimming in public places without wearing bathing suits that covered above the waist. Today, however, it is not uncommon for women to go topless at public beaches throughout Europe and South America.

Comment

Actually, nacktman and Lamont, nudity in itself cannot be considered a civil right. Nudity is merely a state of being. Things to do while naked are where the civil rights come in. The act of practicing nudism are where civil rights come in.

Aaron, as nacktman and Sanslines pointed out, the laws covering nudity deal with indecent exposure for the most part.

But to stop the people from being prejudiced, it will take more than websites and other info. For some people, especially those who would insult you so harshly, it will be pointless to even try. Their minds are made up. For them, the phrase, "Don't confuse me with the facts" rules their minds.

Bob S.

Comment

Originally posted by LamontCranston:
              Nudity is not a civil right and therefore not protected by law. Simple as that.

Mix with different people, go to different places. Move on.
              Mike, it is a civil right. It is also one that has been corrupted by the religious right and wrong interpretation of the constitution by jurists. It is yet another case of our civil liberties being limited by constitutionally illegal court decisions and laws. Simple nudity is not illegal, but the "authorities" will find or legislate another way to override our civil liberties. Nudity is usually disallowed by proxy. But it isn't in itself illegal. Under the 1st ammendment it is a civil right. By natural law it is a civil liberty. Individual liberty is constantly being erroded by those in "authority". It will always be thus until the voting public stand up against the errosion of their liberty.

In San Diego, the famous Black's Beach is divided. Part is in the City and part is in a State Park. This is the dividing line between the nude part and the textile part. Get nude in the city part and you will be arrested for indecency. Get nude in the State part and it is fine. Technically, if anyone complains the Park Rangers will ask you to cover up. However with hundreds of nude people on the nude beach one complainer will be looked at somewhat askance by the rangers. Even if they ask you to get dressed, they will not arrest you.

Being nude is not illegal in itself. There are laws passed by those who wish to limit our civil liberties which can interpret nudity as something else.

Comment

Bob being nude is a civil liberty just as free speech, freedom From religion, right to gather, etc., it is the right of each person to determine the fascade he presents to others.
                Opting for being nude is equal to opting to wear a t-shirt with a slogan printed on it, yet there are those that don't want you to do that either.

Comment

Being nude is a civil right much like many others. Is not just that you can be nude where and when you want but under specific circumstances and times you can be nude with out prejudice of law. Much like firing off a gun, you can't do that anywhere or any time you want but doing so is perfectly legal under specific circumstances and times.

Comment

One of the big problems with nudity stems from the majority of our society which basically does not like or accept it. Just think about what the majority of our society considers nudists who go to nudist resort - "weirdos"; people who go to nudist beaches are "morally corrupt". Women who pose nude in art classes are 'easy' and men who pose nude in art classes are 'gay'. People who dislike nudists will always find a way (law) to punish them. The nudist might be charged will laws that have nothing to do with nudity per sey but are obviously applied to punish the nudist - laws such as 'illegal parking', 'jaywalking' when getting across a street or highway to the beach, 'disturbing the peace' when playing a radio softly on the beach. Most people who are charged with frivolous reasons will seldom be bothered going to court to face a judge to explain rationally why such charges are improper. This is a huge problem as appeasement and apathy will only encourage more tickets. Societies' attitudes towards nudists are overall strongly against them and there is a direct correlation between this festering attitude and the excessively 'conservative' period of time that we presently live in.

Comment

I agree with all this, however I still don't see where nudity is protected by anti-descrimination law.

That's my context. An employer can certainly exclude employment or an establishment can refuse service to nude people. They cannot do so on the basis of race, creed, color, sex, or even sexual orientation. Doing so is a civil rights violation. One can sue in civil court, compel compliance, and win damages.

There's no such protection for nudists.

If our pal Aaron here being harrassed for being gay, Hispanic, or female, not nude, then he could get an attorney and take action.

He asks --
                      Cansomebody give me a ... listing the exact law so people will stop being preduduce.
                      I don't see where there is one.

Comment

Being nude is a civil right much like many others. Is not just that you can be nude where and when you want but under specific circumstances and times you can be nude with out prejudice of law.
                        Here's where people get confused. If it were a civil right protected by the U.S. Constitution then you could go anywhere under any circumstance.

If a national restaraunt chain kept women and nudists out on the sidewalk, the women could sue in Civil court under anti-discrimination law and compel access. The nudists could not.

Comment

Lamont,

Let us assume that there is a specific law presenting discrimination against nudists. However, the point that I am trying to make is that even with such a law, people will always find ways to discriminate against nudists by applying other laws. Unless a person can demonstrate how they were specifically discriminated against by merely being nude, the legal case will not stand. There are an arsenal of laws that can be applied to punish you for a whole variety of reasons and these laws may have nothing to do with nudism. However, you might fully understand that the real reason for your being punished is because you are nude but how do you prove this when you might have been charged with (as an example) illegal parking?
                          As for nudism being protected as a civil right, I have not seen where it is specifically protected as a civil right as race, religion, national origin, etc is. This does not mean that nudism is not protected, but perhaps much stronger laws that specifically define what nudism is and specifically protects nudism is what needs to be done. If you walk down the steet in just about all places in the USA you will most probably be arrested. You may not be charged with 'being nude' but you can be charged with indecent exposure, or a whole other variety of laws. The bottom line is that the majority of our society does not want to see nudists roaming the streets nude and will use whatever means that is availible at the national, state, and local levels to stop it.

Comment

Laws might help. But as in the case of Breastfeeding, they are not going to solve allthe problems either.

We as nudists just have to continue to show the world that there is nothing wrong with being nude. And correct people and their assumptions whenever possible.

I have a neighbor I need to have a conversation with too, one of these days. He seems to think it's funny to call me an Exhibitionist. But I'm sure we can come to an understanding.

Steve

Comment

nacktman:"Bob being nude is a civil liberty just as free speech, freedom From religion, right to gather, etc., it is the right of each person to determine the fascade he presents to others."

The civil liberty is not being naked, just as it wasn't about being black in the 50s. The civil liberties and rights deal with what can be done while naked or, in the 50s, black.

Nobody is saying we can't be naked, just saying we can't do certain things while naked. I know, semantics. The discrimination is about the govt tellins us where we can and can't go and who we can or can't associate with.

Bob S.

Comment

Working...
                              X