Well, officer, it's like this ..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, officer, it's like this ..

You are driving nude in a car on a highway and an officer pulls you over for some minor infraction. You don't have the opportunity to cover up. He asks you why you are driving nude and why you think that it's OK to do so. What is your response?

Gary

You are driving nude in a car on a highway and an officer pulls you over for some minor infraction. You don't have the opportunity to cover up. He asks you why you are driving nude and why you think that it's OK to do so. What is your response?

Gary

Comment

Well officer, I was not speeding and I was not causing a disturbance. I was driving minding my own business not calling attention to myself, other than the fact that "you" decided to look in my direction. Was is the infraction? I am not causing any lewd actions. I am in the privacy of my own vehicle, and I am wearing shoes and a seat belt. What say you?

I have driven nude, but only in the night hours. Luckily I was going the speed limit.

Comment

Whether or not it would do any good I would say, "I'm a nudist. I hate clothes and love to be nude. I didn't think anyone could see anything with me in the car and had no intention of anyone seeing me. I also had no intention of doing anything to be stopped and figured I would be OK."

Of course, I wouldn't drive nude for fear I might have a taillight out and didn't know about it, or I could get stopped for any one of a number of reasons. I could get a cop who is very much against nudity in public who just might decide to arrest and take me in for whatever charge. So there I am, stark naked, being handcuffed, with people driving by and taking pictures. That's not my cup of tea. OK, so I'm paranoid. I already knew that. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

NudeM,

How you speak to an officer can make a difference in how he handles the situation. Saying it the way you mentioned could be taken wrong by the officer. I would take it as sarcasm, but that's just me. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I have driven nude a bunch of times usually when I am headed home from time spent at my local nudist resort. I have never been pulled over but I have been flagged down by another motorist and informed of a nearly flat tire. That was interesting. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I would be polite and just explain the truth of the matter I'm a nudist going home from time spent at my local nudist resort and I just couldn't bring myself to put on clothes yet. I would also indicate the towel I had draped across me to show I wasn't deliberatly trying to show myself to others. Hopefully he would let me go but I would just as soon never have to find out. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Jon-Marc: Yea, I know. I would say something in that context, but not in those exact words I described. Being that you are only an ink pen away from being written up, I would almost have to kiss *** and be rather polite.

It's almost like years ago, when I knew a highway patrolman, who were in the National Guard together. I had to find out what his area was, that I would try to get pulled over by him, so I could offer him a nice cold beer. He just kind of grinned. Of course, we were buddies, but I would not have even thought of trying that stunt. It would have been my luck that he was moved to another location. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Well I would have to just say, I am a nudist. I belong to several nationally recognized organizations. I live my life as a nudist and like nudeM, I was not trying to offend anyone, expose myself to anyone and just enjoyed the freedom of driving nude as I enjoy living my life at home.

I would apologize and state the truth, I didn't realize it really was against the law to drive nude. If let go, I'd consider myself lucky because I do drive nude quite a bit. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

"Ja komme ich aus Deutschland, anders als, das Sie, sind Amerikaner die meisten uns gegen Nacktheit der Leute toleranter. Ich pflegte, um den ganzen Zeit Nude zu fahren, besonders als ich auf Ferien ging. Ich hoffe nur, da? Ihre Kultur schlie?lich vom nudism acceptive ist und oben w?chst. ?brigens ist was die H?chstgeschwindigkeit hier? Mein Vetter Franz sagte da? Amerikanerliebegeschwindigkeit aber Mangel alle nah an dem autoban"

At this point, if the officer isn't confused beyond walking away, claim in a very thick German accent "Diplomatic Immunity herr".

ps. if officer asks for diplomatic papers, say you left them in your pants.

Namedun [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

ROFLOL Great line, Namedun! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

I know of no federal law or California law that says its illegal to drive a car nude. The problem arises when your pulled over and have nothing handy to cover up with, then you can get cited for being nude or exposing your genitals outdoor in public view. A few have found that out by pulling over to urinate along side of the road or freeway and being observed by a patrol officer and getting cited.

Comment

Most states don't have laws against driving nude. Many consider the inside of your vehicle to be a private place.

Most don't have laws about driving barefoot either.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by cyndiann:
                        [qb] Most states don't have laws against driving nude. Many consider the inside of your vehicle to be a private place.

Most don't have laws about driving barefoot either. [/qb]
                        It's the same way in Europe.

Recently a Finnish policeman interviewed in a newspaper told very clearly that driving naked is allowed. I do it often, when I drive alone in the summer. When I am with my family, I drive only barefoot.

Kari P

Comment

quote:
                          Most states don't have laws against driving nude. Many consider the inside of your vehicle to be a private place.
                          That isn't my understanding at all. Perhaps for search and seizure of your trunk or glove compartment, but anything lying in plain site is fair game. It is almost as public as leaving your living room window curtains open. Anyone who walks or drives by can see you, esp. from the front passenger side. By law, windows ahead of the driver aren't allowed to be deeply tinted.

I can't remember where this tidbit came from but supposedly the most common cause for arrest for indecent exposure if from truckers reporting it over their CBs to cops.

Be that as it may, I occaisionally like to drive nude at night on 2 lane rural roads - or on a remote 4WD trails in the day - with the top down.

Comment

In this example she was afraid to pull over because she had no pants on. She was eventually stopped and charged with eluding an officer and NOT for being nude. Most states have a requirement that you must be a bit more than just innocently nude, you have to be lewd (or elude!).

WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - An elected official of the Portage
                            County Board is being charged with attempting to elude and
                            obstruct an officer and faces up to three years in prison.
                            Selma Troyanoski, 53, was reportedly driving without pants or
                            underwear to a Wisconsin County Association convention in Lake
                            Geneva when she pulled over in an abandoned parking lot to
                            rest. An officer saw her slumped over in the car and went to
                            investigate when suddenly Troyanoski sped off. The officer
                            chased her, and reported that at times the speeds escalated
                            up to 110 mph. The chase ended when police blocked her into
                            a residential street. When she refused to get out of the
                            vehicle, police smashed the windows and pulled her out after
                            they saw her leaning over to pick up her clothes. Troyanoski
                            said she typically drives long distances without pants and
                            underwear on because she gets very sweaty."

Of course I would think that men would get turned in lots more than women, especially by truckers who can see down into cars while most other vehiles can't.

If you are in the back of a van nude and the police pull the van over chances are you will not be charged. If you are driving nude and not sticking your butt out the window chances are you won't be charged.

Of course, all this depends on so many variables like location, how visible you were, the mood of the cop that pulled you over, etc.

I've been pulled overwearing just a wrap that barely covered me (and sometimes didn't). The cop knew it and didn't say a word.

Comment

Working...
                            X