X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nudity Poll

Here is your chance to post your views about public nudity...I
    encourage all to post
    there... http://www.baynews9.com/ViewerCenter.html Help end the insanity... Help fellow nudists...Please post your vote...Cheers...NoodJuggler. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Do it today...Tomorrow may be to late.

Here is your chance to post your views about public nudity...I
    encourage all to post
    there... http://www.baynews9.com/ViewerCenter.html Help end the insanity... Help fellow nudists...Please post your vote...Cheers...NoodJuggler. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Do it today...Tomorrow may be to late.

Comment

Juggler,

I went, I saw, I voted, I commented. Thanks for the heads up.

From Lakeland,
      Jason

Comment

I suppose I'm dense as usual, but I don't understand the question in order to know how to vote. What are they asking? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Comment

I voted.

Comment

I say we try to get public nudity and claim discrimination and get the ACLU or some really extreme group to fight for us because really if they support all that other crap that they do on a daily basis then they could support us too. Although I dont know if id want nudism affiliated with such an organization but they seem to help others alot and sometimes you gotta take desperate measures and people gotta learn that nudity is not harmful and if they think that we are being discriminated somehow they might allow it.

Comment

Jon Marc, theyre asking if Public Nudity is an important enough issue for the public to have a vote on it, meaning its asking if its important enough of an issue for everybody to have a vote on weither it should be okay or not. I honestly think the question should be more specific and have to do with certain circumstances because it isnt practical to allow it everywhere because of climate or job related issues.

Comment

I voted too, I voted yes. Too bad no is winning so far.

Comment

This is a tough question to answer. On the one hand, if you vote that YES, it is important enough to warrant a public vote, and if the public votes against the issue, are you going to accept that? I sure wouldn't. I don't ask anyone to agree with me, I just want the freedom to make my own decisions about this issue free from governmental interference as long as I am in an appropriate setting.

So that's why I voted NO. The issue is really not important enough to ask the public for a referendum on social nudism. First of all, for the vast majority of the public, there is absolute ignorance about the subject, so how would the average voter know what he was voting for or against? Secondly, we have significantly more important things to worry about in this country than social nudity. As long as it is practiced when and where appropriate, it is no one else's business.

Walt Iliff

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                    [qb] I suppose I'm dense as usual, but I don't understand the question in order to know how to vote. What are they asking? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img] [/qb]
                    The question isn't well stated. The context is the attempt to put an issue on the ballot in the Tampa area that will ask the voters to outlaw public nudity. The majority 'no' votes means that most of the people visiting that website see this as a non-issue pushed by a few crackpots.

-Mark

Comment

Personally I don't want non-naturists deciding whether or not I can be nude in public. The question I have is what is meant by "Public"? I have no desire to run around nude among textiles on their turf, shocking and offending them while exercising my "right" to be nude. So I guess I would have to vote no.

Comment

Yeah but Jon Marc, they have no reason to be offended and if they are then you should find out why and explain to them that for whatever reason they are upset they have no reason to be. Besides you know what youre doing is not offensive or harmful and if you know that you shouldnt care what they think just let them be upset and deal with it in their own way if they dont accept what you have to say to them. You got a right to be able to enjoy your lifestyle wityhout them giving you trouble.

Comment

Mike,

If I were to walk down the main street of downtown, or even down any residential street nude, I would more than likely be arrested. Having been taken in, questioned and sent to a shrink after being seen nude through my window, I have no desire to repeat that experience--not to mention possibly being placed on a sex offender list and labeled a pervert.

My "right" to be nude ends where textiles' eyesight begins. You try walking out your front door nude in the daylight and exercising your "right" and see how far it gets you when you tell the police and the judge, "I'm a nudist, and I have a right to be nude when and wherever I want."

You're a bedroom nudist with no practical experience with social nudism. You seem to think that having a right to be nude means we can exercise that right anywhere, and we can't.

Nudists are the only minority group that is not protected by law and allowed to publicly do what we enjoy.

Comment

I voted No because any vote would most likely ban all nudity.
                            The main complaint in question seems to be about strip clubs. Banning nudity wouldn't stop them.

Steve

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by Walt Iliff:
                              [qb] This is a tough question to answer. On the one hand, if you vote that YES, it is important enough to warrant a public vote, and if the public votes against the issue, are you going to accept that? I sure wouldn't. I don't ask anyone to agree with me, I just want the freedom to make my own decisions about this issue free from governmental interference as long as I am in an appropriate setting.

So that's why I voted NO. The issue is really not important enough to ask the public for a referendum on social nudism. First of all, for the vast majority of the public, there is absolute ignorance about the subject, so how would the average voter know what he was voting for or against? Secondly, we have significantly more important things to worry about in this country than social nudity. As long as it is practiced when and where appropriate, it is no one else's business.

Walt Iliff [/qb]
                              I have to agree!! Having an open vote when most people think nudity is sexually oriented would do nothing to help our cause. I think it will have to continue to be a grass roots effort to change the laws on public nudity

Comment

Working...
                              X