• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreck Beach On-Line Petition

deleted

deleted

Comment

Thanks Shaman, I was going to post this myself. I welcome all the support I can get for Wreck Beach and Pacific Spirit Park. These wooded headlands would be unnessisarily damaged by the building of these Towers. If U.B.C. sees there is international opposition to their plans they will be more likely to back down from these overly high buildings.

Comment

Nudeboots says:

I welcome all the support I can get for Wreck Beach and Pacific Spirit Park. These wooded headlands would be unnessisarily damaged by the building of these Towers"

Do you feel that way about ALL areas or is your opposition based on this is a nude beach?

Comment

Hey,SandyK

Have you signed the petition?

Comment

Nu,

No...because I don't know enough about it. I like to hear TWO sides before I decide-not one side.

Comment

Thanks Shaman & nudeboots..I was proud to sign the petition...Great Website too...From the Webcam looks like a rainy day at the beach..Odb [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Comment

deleted

Comment

Hi..I know the buildings will impact the enviroment. But does it really matter how many building they put up as long as the beach stays Clothing-Optional? Or are nudists still hiding in their closets? I signed the petition but it isn't going to stop what is going on. The object is to keep the beach for nudists to enjoy. When I was at haulover in Miami the condos are not that far away for someone to watch or take pictures but it didn't stop about 2000 from enjoying themselves that day. You never know how many people will become nudists because of the towers being built?...Cheers...NoodJuggler

Comment

There are streets full of houses within easy walking distance of our local free beach.

Swanbourne free beach is within [binocular] view of a number of expensive homes.

Cable free beach in the tourist town of Broome is close to expensive homes and tourist resorts.

But none of those developments, as far as I am aware, is an unreasonable encroachment on the natural environment.

I only know what I've seen on the web, but the proposed development appears to be environmentally unacceptable to me.

Comment

quote:
                      I know the buildings will impact the enviroment. But does it really matter how many building they put up as long as the beach stays Clothing-Optional? Or are nudists still hiding in their closets? I signed the petition but it isn't going to stop what is going on. The object is to keep the beach for nudists to enjoy.
                      As someone who has been to Wreck Beach, I see it in a holistic sense. Whether Wreck Beach is CO or not, I've become of strong believer in minimizing development near important bodies of water. I would object to these towers at Wreck Beach, just as I would if they were being constructed in Vancouver's non-CO Stanley Park. That said, the juxtaposition of the University, the wooded cliffs, and the special atmosphere of Wreck Beach are all the more reason to restrict over-development of the area. My motivation is not the promotion of nudism, but the preservation of a beautiful shoreline and skyline where, as it happens, one can be nude.

Comment

I can't agree more, Wreck Beach is much more than an C/O Beach. I go down to the Beach regularly in the winter just to escape the city. I am inviting anyone who is in Vancouver to join us in a non-nude protest at the site of the Towers, Sunday May 9, at noon. There will be music and a real carnival feeling. After the protest, head down the trails and shed your worries on this little peace of heaven on earth.

Comment

Working...
                        X