Dallas TX. The underwear issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas TX. The underwear issue

It's happened again. Another politician wanting to make a law to force kids to wear their clothes as the fashion police feels is the best way.

From ABCNews we get to read about a school board member who is having the city council look into the issue. The sad thing--they are doing just that by asking the city attorney look at the legalities of such a law and its enforcability.

Bob S.

It's happened again. Another politician wanting to make a law to force kids to wear their clothes as the fashion police feels is the best way.

From ABCNews we get to read about a school board member who is having the city council look into the issue. The sad thing--they are doing just that by asking the city attorney look at the legalities of such a law and its enforcability.

Bob S.

Comment

In a land of freedom and opportunity, it's amazing how many rules, regulations, laws and law makers are around to stifle freedom and opportunity.

Makes me want to dump a crate of tea into the Bay.

Comment

correct me if i'm wrong, but......

wouldn't it be perfectly legal for a person in dallas to walk around in only a tee-shirt and boxer shorts? so, in whose twisted mind would covering up part of the boxer shorts be worse?

i would think that, in order to make such a law work, they would have to criminalize boxer shorts, and then of course they'd have to legally define boxer shorts. stupidity an nauseum.

Comment

So, if they don't want to see your shorts Don't Ware Any!!!!

Comment

Newsflash: Politicians look into boys underwear

Perhaps they can hire Mark Foley as a consultant to look into this for them.

Comment

kphoger:"correct me if i'm wrong, but......

wouldn't it be perfectly legal for a person in dallas to walk around in only a tee-shirt and boxer shorts? so, in whose twisted mind would covering up part of the boxer shorts be worse?"

That's exactly what happened last year here in VA. A state delegate introduced legislation that would have made illegal wearing the pants that exposed the underwear (I believe it mentioned "in a lewd manner" or something to that effect). It actually passed the house, apparently as a favor ro him but was quickly killed in a Senate committee (partially hastened by the publicity). I see the same thing for this as well.

It is extremely hard to legislate fashion.

Bob S.

Comment

What about the growing number of people that go commando? I have never seen or heard anything remotely saying that it was against any law to not wear underware or underclothes.

What about women who often wear no underware or what would be considered baggy pants. How about just short pants.

Any law they would drum up would have to be equal for men and women wouldn't it?

Comment

I think what they are considering is the regulation of the "sloppy hip-hop look" of wearing outer pants several sizes too big. If they must wear pants why do they have to keep one hand a pocket to keep their pants from falling to their ankles?

There was a story about these droopy pants being some sort of prison-based fashion statement. But Snopes put that to rest.

Comment

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me at the different ways politicians are trying to run our lives through legislation. That's all we need, new rules telling us how to wear our clothes.

Don't the authorities have enough to do as it is? If the authorities have to go around trying to find those who have their pants too low, then that just leaves the door open for criminals to conduct crimes more easily. The police would be tied up issueing citations to 'low pants' offenders.

Land of the free? It won't be long until they try to tell us how much toilet papter we would be allowed to use. It's coming to the point where we would be under martial rule, where we have to look over our shoulders each and every time we walk out of our homes.

Comment

texasjoe says:
                      "It's time for hearings regarding impeachment"
                      Comment: we'll count the clock change as giving a 1 hour head-start.

quote:

(politely he asks) May I join you?

Comment

I'm constantly amazed a how many people get it all wrong. Fashion and style should not a law make. If someone want to wear their pants around their knees that their buisness. It shouldn't be against the law. Personally I think it looks stupid, but then again I think smoking jackets look rediculous too. OUTLAW THEM!! If these law people really want kids to pull up their collective pants, they should start wearing THEIRS around the knees...and no one, not even a nudist like me, wants to see that!!!

Comment

We recently attended a high school football game, sitting on the visitors' side. It was no surprise, but still I was bemused to see that none of the visiting team's players even returned to the locker room at game's end. Obviously no showers for the players (yes, the athlete that we took to dinner was a little smelly).

What did surprise me was to see that several of the players just stood at their bench and stripped down to their boxer shorts to change into street clothes. That was when I realized that attitudes have flipped over more than I had suspected. When I was in high school everyone showered after a game, but none of us would have been caught in public in our underwear.

All of this leads me to think that it's going to be hard to pass, let alone enforce, any laws against showing your boxers in public. Even in Texas.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by luvnaturism:
                            We recently attended a high school football game, sitting on the visitors' side. It was no surprise, but still I was bemused to see that none of the visiting team's players even returned to the locker room at game's end. Obviously no showers for the players ...

What did surprise me was to see that several of the players just stood at their bench and stripped down to their boxer shorts to change into street clothes. That was when I realized that attitudes have flipped over more than I had suspected. When I was in high school everyone showered after a game, but none of us would have been caught in public in our underwear.

QUOTE]

I remember in jr hi that sometimes kids are cruel to each other, and perhaps pe/showering was the primo example of this...
                            OTOH, isn't showering a Great example to be macho/manly (don't know for females)?

who wants to sit next to the kid who just finished pe/gym class? Not Me. I was ALWAYS forced to shower. Looking back, I think that was wise.

justmytwocents

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by LamontCranston:

TEA? No lets dump the politicians into the bay.

Comment

Working...
                              X