Topfreedom in Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topfreedom in Europe

Although Europe is still "topless paradise" there are certain signs that things could be changed in future:

-these days POLAND police started to ticket topless women on their beaches on north of the country
    -few weeks ago in SPAIN, Costa Brava, initiative for forbiding toplessnes on beaches started
    -last year ITALY tryed to outlaw topless sunbathing (so far without success)
    -also last year, in FRANCE, Paris, topless was forbiden on artificial beach on Siena river
    -in GREECE topless on the beaches is tolerated but still illegal and police, if someone ask that, can ask from woman to put top on
    -last year, in Albania, group of Scandinavian women was arrested (or just warned, don`t know) for being topless on the beach

Although Europe is still "topless paradise" there are certain signs that things could be changed in future:

-these days POLAND police started to ticket topless women on their beaches on north of the country
    -few weeks ago in SPAIN, Costa Brava, initiative for forbiding toplessnes on beaches started
    -also last year, in FRANCE, Paris, topless was forbiden on artificial beach on Siena river
    -in GREECE topless on the beaches is tolerated but still illegal and police, if someone ask that, can ask from woman to put top on
    -last year, in Albania, group of Scandinavian women was arrested (or just warned, don`t know) for being topless on the beach

Comment

These news reports are very unfortunate -- one of the strongest defences the West has against terrorism is body freedom.

Comment

topfreeaction, welcome to CFF. Your news links are much appreciated (btw, links to sources along with the headlines would be helpful).

Please tell us a bit more about yourself if you feel comfortable doing so.

Comment

Well, Belgium is still topless!!

Comment

Thanks for welcome !

Ok, we will put links to all news that we post in future - actually we didn`t do it this time only because we wanted to "force" you to take a look on our new page as all links for news mentioned above are there, except those about beaches in Albania and Paris - we will add those two too soon.

As you can note I am writing "WE this", "WE that" because there are more of us under this nickname but we are all involved in "topfree action".

Comment

I wonder if toplessness was just a fad which is now slowly fading and becoming unfashionable. Two or three years ago, a Danish newspaper did a double-page feature asking this question. The researcher showed that, about a decade before, a woman who was wearing a top on a Danish beach was the exception whereas she found that only about one in five were topless. Here in the UK, toplessness did become popular on some beaches in the late 1980s/early 1990s, but it's now fairly rare to see a woman exposing her breasts on a non-naturist British beach - especially a popular beach.

My wife reckons one of the reasons is that women who have particularly attractive figures enhance their looks by wearing striking bikinis, leaving the older or over-weight women being the ones most likely to let it all hang out. When such women see their younger and slimmer counterparts looking nicer in swimwear, they are more likely to follow suit. I think my wife may have a point.

Stu

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by www.topfreeaction.com:

They willnot get away with it in Spain here you have a civil right to be nude anywhere.
                A man was recently arrested for walking around Barcelona nude when it went to court the judge fined the policeman for arresting the man, saying there was no case to answer.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Stu2630:
                  My wife reckons one of the reasons is that women who have particularly attractive figures enhance their looks by wearing striking bikinis, leaving the older or over-weight women being the ones most likely to let it all hang out. When such women see their younger and slimmer counterparts looking nicer in swimwear, they are more likely to follow suit. I think my wife may have a point.

Hmmm ... there may be a kernel of truth in that. But it seems to me that the women most likely to go topfree are the least vain, so not as likely to be swayed by the good looks of 'younger and slimmer' women. However - the relentless and increasing media message to women about how their bodies should look, and the impossibility of the average, or even spectacularly above average woman to measure up to the imaginary standard set by the media probably has more to do with the reluctance to toss aside their concerns and 'let it all hang out'.

-Mark

Comment

Even what you see on live video may not be totally true because of high speed digital image manipulation that can make people look slimmer than they really are.

A lot of people that we think have perfect skin are actually spending a lot of time with professional make-up artists in order to look that good. Very few people will ever come close to that in every day life.

Comment

Poland, Spain, France, Italy, Greece and Albania, and only a small part of most of those countries, is a very low percentage of all places in Europe.
                      So don´t be afraid that topless or c/o will disappear.

Comment

Women (and men) have to get beyond all the media and social hype about whether or not their bodies are up to "standards". People should be able to enjoy nudism regardless of what they look like and not be scorned or ridiculed if they do not "look nice" or are "attractive". It is about freedom to be natural and with that comes all degrees of what is natural including how we look.

It is tough for many to rise above all of this but once one does, a true sense of freedom is felt and lived out. It is a great frame of mind to be in.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by MoonShadow:
                          Women (and men) have to get beyond all the media and social hype about whether or not their bodies are up to "standards". People should be able to enjoy nudism regardless of what they look like and not be scorned or ridiculed if they do not "look nice" or are "attractive". It is about freedom to be natural and with that comes all degrees of what is natural including how we look.

It is tough for many to rise above all of this but once one does, a true sense of freedom is felt and lived out. It is a great frame of mind to be in.

Body acceptance is the basic value of the Naturist Society. Think of all the misery this other garbage causes, primarily to women.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by Hasse:
                            Poland, Spain, France, Italy, Greece and Albania, and only a small part of most of those countries, is a very low percentage of all places in Europe.
                            So don´t be afraid that topless or c/o will disappear.

That`s true what you are saying for Spain and France that only small part of these countries MIGHT have problems in future with topless women but things are different with other mentioned countries where, by or knowledge, topless women are prohibited by law on all their territories (tolerated although in Italy and Grece). I would like not to be correct on that one.

Unfortunately you are so correct when saying that less and less women are topless because of media TERROR for "how you must look to be considered atractive". This influence on women is quiet devastating, not only when beach is concerned. I hope that none will feel insulted if I say that in quite big part of Europe, I dare to say in fact in bigest part of Europe, "syliconized" women are considered freaks. I hope that sylicone will dissapear from face of breasts one day, for ever. Of course, this doesn`t go for victims of breast cancer for example who had to go through mastectomy.

NATURE RULES, get rid of plastic butchers !

Comment

Bravo, topfree! Yes, let's let our breasts be natural and unaugmented unless there are medical reasons.

It is refreshing to hear that in a large part of Europe silicone breasts are not liked. There are loads of American women with them and they are just not natural at all!

I liked your quote! Nature does rule!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X