Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PETITION: Verification of the right to engage in naked outdoor activities.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PETITION: Verification of the right to engage in naked outdoor activities.

PETITION:

Verification of the right to engage in naked outdoor activities.

A petition has been created to be submitted to the European Parliament, with a
    view to pressing for the creation of an official clause in the statute books,
    to explicitly verify the right of every citizen to engage in naked outdoor
    activities. While the law remains vague on this issue, people continue to be
    wrongly prosecuted for healthy and harmless activities like naked hiking,
    cycling, etc.

http://gopetition.com/online/6863.html

In particular, this petition is aimed initially at the European arena, but
    naturally the knock-on effect could be worldwide, if we get enough signatures
    to raise awareness of the issue and to effect some change. Remember, every
    ripple counts, so wherever you are, please stand up and be counted - by signing
    the petition today.

PETITION:

Verification of the right to engage in naked outdoor activities.

A petition has been created to be submitted to the European Parliament, with a
    view to pressing for the creation of an official clause in the statute books,
    to explicitly verify the right of every citizen to engage in naked outdoor
    activities. While the law remains vague on this issue, people continue to be
    wrongly prosecuted for healthy and harmless activities like naked hiking,
    cycling, etc.

In particular, this petition is aimed initially at the European arena, but
    naturally the knock-on effect could be worldwide, if we get enough signatures
    to raise awareness of the issue and to effect some change. Remember, every
    ripple counts, so wherever you are, please stand up and be counted - by signing
    the petition today.

Comment

Sounds great, but I think I'll wait to see other opinions about whether non-European citizens should be signing European petitions.

Otherwise, I support this petition concept whole-heartedly.

Comment

This is certainly a great concept and is deserving of signature by all Europeans.

However, I agree with Missouriboy. It could be potentially counterproductive if it were signed by non-Europeans.
        Foes would argue that organizers could not get interest from Europeans, so went to outsiders for support on a European issue.

Comment

I signed it before I found out that it wasn't meant for us.

Comment

Yeah, Jon-Marc, the most prominent information about jurisdiction states "Global" when it's really only for the European Union. I wish it really were global, then I'd sign it too. However, I'm totally opposed to any such entity that smacks of "One World Government."

Comment

You have a point about country of origin, although I am not certain it is too critical. The aim here is to show that people want this, all around the world, and it is much more likely (I think) that this petition may have an effect here in Europe, than say in the USA.

I may sign a petition for the cessation of seal-hunting in the arctic by the Japanese, to be submitted to the Danes (who control the icepack), although I live in Germany.

Every vote counts - (statisticians can still count the USA/non-USA votes separately if they wish).

Rich.

Comment

rich, I agree with you because I had already thought about it along those same lines. When I become fairly certain that the author really does welcome our participation, then I'd be happy to sign. I do think his choice of the word "global" is a good sign that he wants everybody, but I'm still not sure.

Comment

Well, I'm the author, and yes it is fully intended to include as many signatures from as many people from all around the world as possible.

The gopetition people don't have a 'europe-only' flag, so the choice was either one country, or all of them. I intend on submitting the petition to the EU, but anyone may sign it. If the EU wishes to disregard the count from non-EU countries, that is easy to do too, because we collect that information purposefully while signing.

Please pass it on :-)

Rich.

Comment

Well, thank you for that clarification. I have signed the petition today.

And thank you for making the effort to create such a well-defined, polite petition. Kudos to you for that!

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Jon-Marc:
                      I signed it before I found out that it wasn't meant for us.
                      What's going to hurt in signing the petition? Maybe if there are enough signatures from over here in the USA they may take notice and change some laws.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Leo:
                        What's going to hurt in signing the petition? Maybe if there are enough signatures from over here in the USA they may take notice and change some laws.

Nothing hurts but...

If many, many Europeans sign a petition about a law which is valid in the USA (state or federal law), do you think your law would be changed? E.g. capital punishment is not in use and not accepted in most European countries, and I think many petitions have been made against it, and you still apply it and in some case kill innocent people or ones who have made their crime as underage.

Comment

This is a very good thing, unfortunately kangaroos will climb trees and koalas will fly before such a thing becomes legal here in Oz.
                          John S.

Comment

Working...
                          X