Swimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swimming

I haven't been on here for a while but something strange happened to me on the weekend.

The lady across the road from me has 2 girls, one 12, Jasmine, the other 16, by 2 different dads. The younger one's dad always takes Jasmine swimming on a sunday afternoon. So, oblivious to this fact, I went to our local public pool for a swim on sunday. I got in there Jasmine and her dad were in the changing room, with their next neighbour, Emily, a tall blonde girl whom I always thought was about 15 or 16, but is, in fact 12, 13 in a couple of months.

They had just finished getting ready, and I got a "Hi" from them. I went in the pool for about 20 minutes and then got out and went for a shower. I left my trunks and towel at the locker as usual and walked the 15-20 metres back to the shower area and went under the shower, totally nude, of course. As I'm washing my hair under the 2nd right shower head, I heard the 3 of them come in under the shower, Jasmine, her dad and Emily. I washed the soap out of my hair and out of my eyes and lookoed round and Jasmine's dad was nude, but both Jasmine and Emily had their costumes still on. I carried on as if nothing was wrong, but the fact 2 girls of 12 who live across the road from me were standing next to me in the men's showers was strange, to say the least. As I was washing my privates, Jasmine even asked to borrow my shower gel, and emily asked if we could swap shower heads. I agreed, and as we did, she brushed my penis with her hand, which gave both me and her a start. I felt embarrassed just being there. I then walked back to my locker and, shortly after, they walked to theirs.

As it is an open plan changing room, we all changed in the same room, albeit not too far away, and Jasmine didn't seem too shy in changing, but Emily changed under a towel.

Now, my point is, is it legal in the UK for girls of that age to enter men's changing rooms. The staff said up to 13, but I'm not too sure

I haven't been on here for a while but something strange happened to me on the weekend.

The lady across the road from me has 2 girls, one 12, Jasmine, the other 16, by 2 different dads. The younger one's dad always takes Jasmine swimming on a sunday afternoon. So, oblivious to this fact, I went to our local public pool for a swim on sunday. I got in there Jasmine and her dad were in the changing room, with their next neighbour, Emily, a tall blonde girl whom I always thought was about 15 or 16, but is, in fact 12, 13 in a couple of months.

They had just finished getting ready, and I got a "Hi" from them. I went in the pool for about 20 minutes and then got out and went for a shower. I left my trunks and towel at the locker as usual and walked the 15-20 metres back to the shower area and went under the shower, totally nude, of course. As I'm washing my hair under the 2nd right shower head, I heard the 3 of them come in under the shower, Jasmine, her dad and Emily. I washed the soap out of my hair and out of my eyes and lookoed round and Jasmine's dad was nude, but both Jasmine and Emily had their costumes still on. I carried on as if nothing was wrong, but the fact 2 girls of 12 who live across the road from me were standing next to me in the men's showers was strange, to say the least. As I was washing my privates, Jasmine even asked to borrow my shower gel, and emily asked if we could swap shower heads. I agreed, and as we did, she brushed my penis with her hand, which gave both me and her a start. I felt embarrassed just being there. I then walked back to my locker and, shortly after, they walked to theirs.

As it is an open plan changing room, we all changed in the same room, albeit not too far away, and Jasmine didn't seem too shy in changing, but Emily changed under a towel.

Now, my point is, is it legal in the UK for girls of that age to enter men's changing rooms. The staff said up to 13, but I'm not too sure

Comment

The situation that you're describing wouldn't happen in the US, but I've had similar experiences while traveling in Europe.

I'm not qualified to speak to the specific legal question you asked, so I won't. However as long as I was where I was supposed to be doing what is supposed to be done in that place, I'd just shrug and go about my business. Apparently the other family and friend weren't bothered. If they're comfortable, I'm confortable.

Comment

Yeah, maybe uncomfortable because it was such a strange situation to be in

Comment

Interesting situation.

In Canada, there would be separate locker rooms.
          Only very young children, generally under 6 years old,would be allowed in the locker room of the opposite sex.

Comment

What would the locker room protocol be in a family nudist resort? Would you be more, or less, worried?

Comment

i don't know about down your area but all the swimming pools around me are uni-sex changing rooms, but if the staff said it was up to the age 13 then i would believe them as you know how much this country has gone PC.and they would be scared they got sued.

"love life as your a long time dead"

Comment

quote:

I would suppose it is up to the facility to decide on its rules. If there were a strict law, then nudist clubs would be illegal in Britain.

I'm sure Stu could fill us in on the legalities concerning people violating facility rules. As in nearly all other cases I imagine it would be some sort of breach of peace.

-Mark

Comment

Along the same lines, this article was noted on RiX Place:

After nudists bring son, gym has 2nd thoughts

Although no laws were broken, the West St. Paul club decides to close its doors to the group anyway

BY BRIAN BONNER

Pioneer Press

Nudists are looking for a new place to gather after Southview Athletic Club decided to stop renting to the group because a 14-year-old boy participated in a nude event.

Scott Richardson, owner of the private West St. Paul athletic club at 260 E. Marie Ave., has been regularly renting out his business for events held by the Minnesota Naturists.

The 180-member nudist social club used the athletic club's pool, hot tub, weights and other amenities after normal business hours, Richardson said.

"They rent out the gym like a private function, like any group does," he said. "I treat them like any other customers. I don't advertise it to my members. If they ask, I don't lie to them, either. I haven't gotten any complaints about it in the 41Ž2 years I've been renting to this group."

But Richardson began having misgivings after his manager alerted him Nov. 18 that a teenage boy came to the athletic club for the nudists' "Swim & Fun Night."

The boy arrived with his parents, who are Minnesota Naturists members.

Richardson said that, after consulting with West St. Paul police, he was told the minor's participation is not against the law.

"As long as nothing sexual is going on, it's not illegal," he said.

The event, with the 14-year-old's participation, went on as scheduled, but Richardson later decided that he would no longer rent to nudists if minors are participating.

"It was a moral issue. There's nothing illegal, nothing sexual about it. But I don't know if I'm comfortable with it," Richardson said. "We decided not to allow them to hold events any more if there are minors in attendance."

The issue is moot. For financial reasons, Richardson said, he closed the club's pool and hot tub Dec. 1.

The nudists, he said, told him they are looking for a new place where they can swim.

Richardson said his inquiry to police about the legality of it all is attracting publicity he would rather not have.

After he asked West St. Paul police for a legal ruling, the inquiry evidently showed up on a public log. Then the South West Review, a weekly community newspaper, published a story about it Sunday.

West St. Paul Police Chief Manila "Bud" Shaver confirmed Monday that there's no law prohibiting minors from participating in nudist events.

"It's one of those things where you think there ought to be a law and, technically, there's not," Shaver said. "You have to prove two things: willful neglect and reckless endangerment of a minor. It's an event that has no clothing. It's an event no different than a religious practice or a cultural practice. It's just nudists. Some people equate nudity with sex."

Shaver said people may disagree for moral or other reasons, but the fact is that nudists routinely and legally rent businesses in the metropolitan area for social gatherings.

But now Richardson is worried about what some of his 2,100 members will think.

"I'm sure some of them will object," Richardson said. "I'll just tell them we're not doing it anymore."

Richardson also emphasized that the nudists wrapped themselves in bath towels when they used workout equipment, such as weight benches, and that his staff sanitizes all equipment daily.

As titillating as the idea of nudist clubs might sound, "They're boring," Richardson said. "It's not all that exciting."

Don Kelly of St. Paul, president of Minnesota Naturists, said Richardson's decision contributes to false perceptions of nudists.

"The whole thing about nudism is that people think it's a sexual activity, and it's not," Kelly said. "We get together and do things. We just don't have to wear clothes while we do it. It's definitely a family activity.

"Nudity is good for people's comfort with their body image. When we take our clothes off, we all become the same. You're no longer comparing the guy with the pinstriped suit to the guy in grubby jeans."

Kelly said most members don't attend events to be aroused.

"A gal with a bikini on is a lot more titillating than one nude," he said.

But Kelly acknowledged that many nudists prefer to be low-key because they know some people don't accept their lifestyle.

"We're not ashamed of what we're doing," Kelly said. "It's that other people will make a big deal of it."

He said minors seldom participate in Minnesota Naturists, and the club's policy is that they have their parents' permission. He said the state has six nudist clubs.

Kelly said most of his club's members are men older than 40.

"I'm 62, and we probably have 10 percent of our members who are older than I am," he said. "A third are couples. A few are single women. And the rest are men."

In the winter months, the group gets together to bowl, swim, play volleyball or engage in other activities, Kelly said.

"You don't spend much time looking at people," Kelly said. "After a while, you don't pay attention to what you're wearing."

Or not wearing.
                  --

Brian Bonner can be reached at [email protected] or 651-228-2173.

[I wonder if Brian Bonner is a nudist?

I shure wouln't want that name if I was a nudist. Although most nudist don't relate to their last name that often. LOL]

Comment

I thought Canadians were behind the times but now I know better! Cant believe that the Americans make fun of the Iranian outlandish covering laws.

Comment

quote:
                      Originally posted by Terrace Casual:
                      she brushed my penis with her hand, which gave both me and her a start.

Everything other OK in your story but this. You should not have allowed her to touch your privates.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Kari P:
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by Terrace Casual:
                        she brushed my penis with her hand, which gave both me and her a start.

Everything other OK in your story but this. You should not have allowed her to touch your privates.

He didn't allow it. It was a matter of bumping into each other while changing positions. Just startled him more than a butt or arm contact. Been there, done that. Purely accidental in each case.

Comment

Exactly why it gave me a start. I neither wanted, nor expected it

Comment

I have been to nude swims in the UK and young and old, male and female all change in the same changing rooms.

They just seem to get changed where ever that takes their fancy.

This was the same for showering too.

It is just a mad free for all.

Nobody minds.

I have been to nude swims where showers are out by the swimming pool and the pool attendants can see everyone shower young and old, male and female and not one has said anything untoward.

I am sure that if anything untoward was observed they would be down on it like a ton of bricks on the wrongdoer.

Comment

quote:
                              I have been to nude swims in the UK and young and old, male and female all change in the same changing rooms.

at a nude swim, what exactly do they change into?

Comment

Working...
                              X