Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toplessness is now legal in Utah

https://www.abc4.com/news/in-utah-wo...ess-in-public/

In this report, two women managed to sue their city for not allowing them to go topless. They won, but the city appealed to the tenth circuit court of appeals. And the women won. This means that toplessness is now legal in Utah as well as a number of other states.

Thank you for the good news, EltonJ.
    I wonder though, whether establishing the RIGHT to go topless will make a significant difference to the number of women who actually exercise that right.
    I agree 100% that it's a step in the right direction from a legal standpoint but unfortunately I suspect that 'suffering the slings and arrows' of public opinion, ridicule, leering, and outrage (by some) will probably be too much for most women to bear.
    Changing the law in our favour is essential, it's true, but changing societal attitudes will be the harder task. I wish I knew a quick answer to it.

Comment

Originally posted by BareSkin View Post
      Thank you for the good news, EltonJ.
      I wonder though, whether establishing the RIGHT to go topless will make a significant difference to the number of women who actually exercise that right.
      I agree 100% that it's a step in the right direction from a legal standpoint but unfortunately I suspect that 'suffering the slings and arrows' of public opinion, ridicule, leering, and outrage (by some) will probably be too much for most women to bear.
      Changing the law in our favour is essential, it's true, but changing societal attitudes will be the harder task. I wish I knew a quick answer to it.
      Well, my wife is going to get her way, that's for sure. With a C/O resort (with a water park!) set in beautiful Sanpete county, the precedent set by the court of appeals would go a long way to allowing toplessness at the water park. Although we would be fully nude, I wonder what the rules for the water park is going to be.

Comment

Working...
      X