Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:
    Originally posted by stu2630:
    [qb]I applaud the police and the courts for protecting my family, myself, my public places and the rule of law in my country from Mr Gough.[/qb]
    Are you for real? Are you seriously afraid of Steve? Are you afraid of someone who believes in something you don't? What he did is sooo rare that I doubt it is hurting your life. Plus, the lack of ever seeing someone practicing that belief is what causes the fear in the frist place. It is simple fear of the unknown. The only cure for that is education.

Comment

soundman

"Are you for real? Are you seriously afraid of Steve?"

I'm afraid of what he and a few other vociferous extremists are trying to turn my society into. I do NOT want to live in a society in which nudity is commonplace in public. And that's for real! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

"Are you afraid of someone who believes in something you don't?"

I'm not afraid of what he believes. He's not in prison for his beliefs but for his behaviour.

"What he did is sooo rare that I doubt it is hurting your life."

I want to keep it that way. I don't want the authorities in my country to be passive whilst he and people like him behave in such a vile and outrageous way in our public places.

"Plus, the lack of ever seeing someone practicing that belief is what causes the fear in the frist place. It is simple fear of the unknown."

I know exactly what naked bodies look like - I just don't want to see them in public places.

"The only cure for that is education."

Other than forcing me against my will to see something that I find revolting when going about my business in public places, what sort of 'education' do you propose I should have?

Stu

Comment

quote:
        [qb]Other than forcing me against my will to see something that I find revolting when going about my business in public places, what sort of 'education' do you propose I should have?[/qb]
        WHY is it revolting? Answer that and you will see the education you need.

Comment

"WHY is it revolting? Answer that and you will see the education you need."

I did! I posted it on another thread. I explained that the offence experienced is a conditioned emotion brought about as a result of a mixture of parental values and long-established cultural and societal norms. Are such feelings based on pure logic? No. But the feelings are nontheless experienced and consequently are real and significant to the individual. Do I want to change the way I feel about nudity? No thanks - but if I change my mind I'll let you know.

Stu

Comment

Yes, I read your non-answer.

You still don't say why you find it revolting. Is it the shapes, the hair, what and why?

Comment

Soundman

I think I expanded on my answer since you read it. Please look again. What I find offensive is the CONTEXT rather than just the nudity. If I saw Mr Gough naked in the shower at my gym I wouldn't bat an eyelid, but on the street in that state and I want to see him handcuffed and bundled into a police car 'tout suite'!

Stu

Comment

quote:
                [qb] Soundman

I think I expanded on my answer since you read it. Please look again. What I find offensive is the CONTEXT rather than just the nudity. If I saw Mr Gough naked in the shower at my gym I wouldn't bat an eyelid, but on the street in that state and I want to see him handcuffed and bundled into a police car 'tout suite'!

Stu [/qb]
                Not logical at all. Doesn't respect everyone's right to be.

Comment

"Not logical at all."

Feelings and emotions aren't derived from logic.

"Doesn't respect everyone's right to be."

It respects everyone's right to exist. But it doesn't respect everyone's right to be naked in circumstances that cause offence to everyone else.

Stu

Comment

quote:

"Feelings and emotions aren't derived from logic."

Then why lock other people up because of the feelings in YOUR head? Isn't that forcing your ways on another?

"It respects everyone's right to exist. But it doesn't respect everyone's right to be naked in circumstances that cause offence to everyone else."

I doubt is "everone" is offended. Most are amused and even find it funny.

Comment

I just wonder how much prison time Gough is going to get:

1 year, 2 years

Hope it's good a long!!!

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Rufus2:
                        [qb] I just wonder how much prison time Gough is going to get:

1 year, 2 years

Hope it's good a long!!! [/qb]
                        Oh no!! Another one.

Comment

The prophet Isaiah walked nude for three years as a warning of the imminent captivity of the Hebrew people. (Captives were commonly led off into slavery nude). Oddly no one had Isaiah arrested, stoned or condemned. I am not saying that there was no body shame in that land, but it obviously was not as extreme as in Britain today.

Comment

quote:
                            Originally posted by soundman:
                            [qb]
                            quote:
                            [qb] I just wonder how much prison time Gough is going to get:

1 year, 2 years

Hope it's good a long!!! [/qb]
                            Oh no!! Another one. [/qb]
                            Naw, just another persona.

Got Rocket Science?

Comment

TrailScout,

If you are going to talk of the bible it is recorded in what are the last days, and the world is seperated sheeps and goats, and one of the things to determine who is to be a sheep or a goat is if people who were naked were clothed. What was done for them.

Anyway, I'm not really interested in quoting the bible, but Gough has been extremely insistant on walking nude, and offending the fine UK people. It's a shame that they have to now furnish this dead beat with a rent-free home, free food, recreation for ? If caning was available, this matter could have been settled LONG AGO, and for far less cost than it will now.

Comment

quote:
                                [qb] It's a shame that they have to now furnish this dead beat with a rent-free home, free food, recreation for ? If caning was available, this matter could have been settled LONG AGO, and for far less cost than it will now. [/qb]
                                Rocket,

Why the new name?

Got Rocket Science?

Comment

Working...
                                X