New Virginia Anti-Nudity Law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Virginia Anti-Nudity Law?

Ok, on the front page under "Top Stories" for the Nudes in the News broadcast I saw new anti-nudity law in Virginia. Since I don't have realplayer or anything, I was wondering could anyone tell me about it since I live in Virginia?

Ok, on the front page under "Top Stories" for the Nudes in the News broadcast I saw new anti-nudity law in Virginia. Since I don't have realplayer or anything, I was wondering could anyone tell me about it since I live in Virginia?

Comment

I'm a bit intrigued by that, too. I have just searched the VA government pages and found nothing of interest there. I also checked with the NAC and they have no alerts out for VA. I will assume that it isn't too big.

By the way Nude train, what part of VA do you live in?

Bob S.

Comment

Never assume that NAC knows about some legislation. I found out the hard way that sometimes they don't, especially if it isn't on a state level. If you think you saw something please write them and let them know what you know.

Comment

Hey Bob, I live in Central/Southside Virginia, just a little south of Lynchburg (home of Jerry Falwell)

Comment

Yeah, and I get Pat Robertson here (sarcastic applause).

Bob S.

Comment

i have not heard any thing about va. law.
              there is a nudist area near d.c. if i could find e-mail address they might have something on it.
              angel has posted about a new co. law with some sexist wording,its on the topfreedom site.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by tarsus:
                [qb]angel has posted about a new co. law with some sexist wording,its on the topfreedom site.[/qb]
                Thanks for mentioning it, Tarsus. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Here's the relevant section of the new Colorado Springs city ordinance:

BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF COLORADO SPRINGS:

9.4.103: PUBLIC INDECENCY: It is unlawful for any person to knowingly
                perform any of the following acts in a public place or a place within
                public view:

C. An act involving public nudity. For the purposes of this
                section, the term "public nudity" shall mean knowingly appearing in
                any public place in a nude state or state of undress such that the
                genitals or buttocks of either sex or the breast or breasts of a
                female are exposed. Exposure of the female breast or breasts for
                purposes of breastfeeding shall not be a violation of this section.

Gotta love politicians ... they obviously know how to use the phrase "of either sex", and blatantly intended to single out women in their criminalization of simple nudity.

Here's another interesting note of Colorado law to ponder:

From Article II of the Colorado Constitution:

"Section 29. Equality of the sexes. Equality of rights under the law
                shall not be denied or abridged by the state of Colorado or any of
                its political subdivisions on account of sex.

{Adopted November 7, 1972 ?? Effective upon proclamation by the
                Governor, January 11, 1973. (See Laws 1972, p. 647.)] "

It'll be interesting the first time this goes to court. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by NudeTrain:
                  [qb]Hey Bob, I live in Central/Southside Virginia, just a little south of Lynchburg (home of Jerry Falwell)[/qb]
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by Bob S.:
                  [QB]Yeah, and I get Pat Robertson here (sarcastic applause).QB]
                  I get James Dobson focusing on everybody's family, here!

Comment

Working...
                  X