Hostile Response from a Non-Naturist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hostile Response from a Non-Naturist

In discussing Naturism with a lady I know, I received the following response:

I'm getting tired of your nudist or naturalist BS. I was kidding about the stupid nude picture. I would not do that. And most people that would shouldn't. Let me ask you one question though why is it that people who should be least comfortable with their bodies are most comfortable being a nudist? It reminds me of the ladies in the locker room at my health club. These old totally out of shape women will do their hair before they even put underwear on. It's so disgusting. I do not want to see that, and yeah i know they have a right to do that but it's really inconsiderate to subject everyone else to that. And i have to say that no, the body is not always a work of art or whatever you said. sometimes it's just a total disaster.

It's too bad there are so many people out there who will put us down for exercising our freedom and telling the world we enjoy it.

In discussing Naturism with a lady I know, I received the following response:

I'm getting tired of your nudist or naturalist BS. I was kidding about the stupid nude picture. I would not do that. And most people that would shouldn't. Let me ask you one question though why is it that people who should be least comfortable with their bodies are most comfortable being a nudist? It reminds me of the ladies in the locker room at my health club. These old totally out of shape women will do their hair before they even put underwear on. It's so disgusting. I do not want to see that, and yeah i know they have a right to do that but it's really inconsiderate to subject everyone else to that. And i have to say that no, the body is not always a work of art or whatever you said. sometimes it's just a total disaster.

It's too bad there are so many people out there who will put us down for exercising our freedom and telling the world we enjoy it.

Comment

Life, in any shape or form, is no disaster. Evolution taking place for millions of years is no disaster. Certainly god's own image is not a disaster?

Comment

I would say this person has a very narrow mind and a rather high opinion of herself. She also obviously has some serious body image isssues. Who the Hell said we all have to look like friggen super models anyway? I would drop this association like a hot potato. It is going nowhere and you are lucky to find this out now rather than later.

Comment

DesertFan,

I would like to echo NudeAl, his advise about the association is pretty good.

I would suggest to her to seek help with her issues which I thought were far more numerous then just body image as I read your desciption of her reactions to others in the locker room.

Comment

If I were to ask a female friend if she would like to come with me to a nudist resort and she declined by saying she doesn't have the body for that, I would believe she cares more about what other people think rather than her own comfort level. Do not let other people control your life.

Mike

Comment

Peoples views and oppinions will vary, obviously, on any issue. Many can not help the way they feel.

I too find it sad when one is not comfortable about themselves or others. But I try not to see them as having a less enlightened oppinion....just a different one. Which they are equally entitled too. (It would just be nice if she would have dropped the hostility)

Fresh Air

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by NudeAl:
                [qb] I would say this person has a very narrow mind and a rather high opinion of herself. She also obviously has some serious body image isssues. Who the Hell said we all have to look like friggen super models anyway? I would drop this association like a hot potato. It is going nowhere and you are lucky to find this out now rather than later. [/qb]

Comment

Thank you for your reply and all of you for your support. I was upset by the hostility of this lady in her response to me, and indeed, I ended the relationship. Fortunately, it was not lady to whom I am married or a member of either of our families. This person was on another forum and said in another post there that she had posted a nude photo of herself and when no one could find it she said she was kidding when she said she posted it. Interesting how people like this make a big joke out of nudity and put us down for practicing it.

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by DesertFan:
                    [qb] Let me ask you one question though why is it that people who should be least comfortable with their bodies are most comfortable being a nudist? [/qb]
                    To many, it seems, this is the paradox of naturism. Anyone got a good, one line answer to the question?

Rik

Comment

Rik: It's healthier for a person to be comfortable with his/her own body, and nudists are.

Gary

Comment

Guys,

Until we can get our media to change their tune, you guys will always be the majority, and we females a minority when it comes to being nude comfortably out in the open.

GreenSunshine up here in the Pacific NW [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
                        Female, Mormon, and living in the land where we don't tan, but instead Rust [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Very true, Greensunshine. Society with it's worship of the "perfect 10" female body cause most women to feel very self-conscious about their bodies, and to believe that they have to have a perfect body in order to be seen nude. The main problem some men have is the fear that their penis doesn't "measure up" to other men.

Comment

Desert, it looks like she was caught in a lie and didn't want to talk about it anymore. You may have continued the topic that one message too far and she just lashed out at you.

This message seems to be her just ranting. She seems to have a problem with people who are overweight and is using that issue to "yell" at you about. Since nudism was another part of the topic, she used the combination of the two in her rant.

Rik, the answer to the paradox is that nudism is a cross-section of society as a whole. You will see overweight nudists in basically the same ratio as in the general public. Stop relying on the pop icons of the day to determine how people must look. The average woman's clothing size is between 12 and 16 (can't recall the exacts). Very, very few women can fit into the runway models' outfits.

Bob S.

Comment

This "Lady" sounds like the same type that judges people for the clothes they wear too.
                              I wonder how many times she has commented,"that woman shouldn't wear clothes like that, she doesn't have the body for them." or other comments like that.

I don't mind people that say they couldn't go to a nude beach because they are too shy, or don't think they have the body for it. But it bugs me when they think people that don't have perfect bodies should hide.

If only they could get it through their heads that nudism isn't about prancing around showing off your body or "exposing" your genitals.

Oh well, their loss.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X