Emotions, Nudity, and Public Relations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emotions, Nudity, and Public Relations

I had a thought on the subject of emotions regarding nudity. It's a biological fact that emotions are an integral part of how humans think. No emotion, in and of itself, is bad. How one acts (or doesn't) on it is another story. In my experience, both personal and observed, American society doesn't do that grand a job of teaching its members how to handle their emotions. Would better "training" (formal and/or informal) on handling emotions help put a dent in the kneejerking (usually to a sexual line of thought) that often happens when the public encounters nudity?

Doug H.

I had a thought on the subject of emotions regarding nudity. It's a biological fact that emotions are an integral part of how humans think. No emotion, in and of itself, is bad. How one acts (or doesn't) on it is another story. In my experience, both personal and observed, American society doesn't do that grand a job of teaching its members how to handle their emotions. Would better "training" (formal and/or informal) on handling emotions help put a dent in the kneejerking (usually to a sexual line of thought) that often happens when the public encounters nudity?

Doug H.

Comment

Doug H. ...... of course more education is always a good idea concerning any aspect of human relationships, ect. Training may help certain members of society who think all nudity is of a sexual nature. But as far as knee-jerk reaction, I'm not sure. Emotions are by their very nature not a learned activity. They (emotions), are a reaction to some stressful or exciting event.

You may be taught from a very early age not to "judge a book by it's cover". For the most part you will learn to look beyond the cover to see what the nature of the book is by reading the pages. So too, we are told not to judge someone by their looks. But there are times when emotions, fight or flight, takes over without regard to what we've been taught.

A hospital setting is an example of where you would expect to see nudity on a daily basis. A c/o beach is a place you would expect to see nudity. Perhaps educating the people about other places they could expect to see someone nude, say a grocery store or bank would help with the mind-set of everyone.

But, when it comes to an education and emotions, I'm still not sure that would help. We are the products of a by-gone era of Victorian Society thinking. Change will be slow at best.

Hopefully one day we will all be able to go any where we want c/o. But there will probably still be those who's knee-jerk reactions could cause a lot of trouble. Just some thoughts. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
      X