Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing nude on a textile beach, is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing nude on a textile beach, is this normal?

My friend was showing me some photos of his short trip to south-east France when I came across a photo where you could see a 13-15 year old boy in the background changing into a speedo he was around a group of people to.
    since he is a photo buff but not a good one, gust like to take alot of pix i found 8 more photo of people from what looked like 10-15 years old all male changing nude in plan view of people, in one photo the kid was talking to a girl his age wale changing.
    Now this seems strange to me but because of there are so many photos i am asking is this a normal thing in France or other parts of the world

P.S sorry i can post the photos for 2 reason he wont let and INA rules

My friend was showing me some photos of his short trip to south-east France when I came across a photo where you could see a 13-15 year old boy in the background changing into a speedo he was around a group of people to.
    since he is a photo buff but not a good one, gust like to take alot of pix i found 8 more photo of people from what looked like 10-15 years old all male changing nude in plan view of people, in one photo the kid was talking to a girl his age wale changing.
    Now this seems strange to me but because of there are so many photos i am asking is this a normal thing in France or other parts of the world

P.S sorry i can post the photos for 2 reason he wont let and INA rules

Comment

Yes "Ethan" in Europe perfectly normal and not even thought about on any beach or even at the down town park in the middle of the city for sun tanning or swimming.

One would sure look odd holding a towel around them well changing or taking off clothes in Europe inside or outside in public or at the beach.

I’m surprised the young fellows were putting on a Speedo to begin with.

Comment

Is it normal for older people to to this to, I ask this be cuase in the future i am planing to go to europe after 8 years of college

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Ethan:
          Is it normal for older people to to this to, I ask this be cuase in the future i am planing to go to europe after 8 years of college

Yes, I think it is normal in most European countries, as changing clothes on a beach is simple, innocent nudity, even on a textile beach. Things may be a bit more uptight in Italy or the United Kingdom, though, for adult men to briefly be nude on a textile beach or park. Maybe some of our Euro friends on CFF can elaborate.

Comment

I've seen people on Italian beaches change clothes in plain sight.

Think it's a European thing. They aren't bothered by not having change places or toilets on public beaches. Makes more sense than trying to change behind a towel on the beach or in the car.

What would make more sense is if they just suntanned or swam naked. Of course, many of the women do so topless.

Oh, if there are any change rooms, there's a good chance that they'll be unisex. Saunas are likely to be nude and unisex.

Comment

Well, as an European I would want to strongly disagree, especially (and as usual) with NG. The towel ceremony for changing is VERY common almost everywhere in Europe. Maybe boys among eachother less so, but in general on a textile beach is it not common at all to complete strip in plain sight to change clothes. In some countries it is definitelive a no-go.

In fact, it gets worse because there is a definitive trend for more and more children also to wear swimwear on nude beaches (it various somewhat among different countries), and I have seen often enough those children using towels for changing EVEN on the nude beach.

Comment

Naturist4Ever

Are you assuming it was a textile beaches he spoke about? "Nathan" didn't specify either. I don't know about Norway, but many European countries do not separate beaches as to nude or textile, their both or clothing optional.

Many young aged people "Nathan" is talking about are modest during the puberty stage of maturing and use towels while changing or keep a bathing suit on even on nude beaches.

I should have reworded that post to “Some do on beaches” not that no one gives it a thought on any beach, and the second paragraph could have been eliminated, but I understand your reasoning and will leave it as is instead of going back to modify the original post

Comment

In Australia on TEXTILE BEACHES and nearby car parks, I have many times seen people discreEtly changing from clothes to swimmers - only seeing from the back perhaps a bare bottom.

It is a wonderfull sight to watch (from a man's point of view) a woman change on the beach, first wrapping a towel around, then managing to get clothes off and swimmers on without exposing any innappropiate (on a textile beach) skin. It's a contortionists act, just wonderfull.

JAMES

Comment

Times have changed since I was a teenager in France; but even back then, it depended where the beach was located and its population. On the less popular (textile) beaches, men would sometimes dispense with the towel routine and just change in plain view; my uncle did it several times. Women, of which many were topless, sometimes also dispensed with the towel by changing while sitting down and doing that "worm-squirm" thing. And pre-teens were sometimes allowed to roam nude for a while after removing their swimwear. But that happened only on some of the more isolated areas, where they were far enough not to attract too much attention.

According to many reports, this era has come to pass and most european beaches are just as conservative as american beaches; except of course for topfreedom.

Comment

There is still a difference between Europe and the USA in terms of nudity. For example, in France, it is not uncommon to see on mainstream tv, dancers from Crazy Horse, Moulin Rouge or Folies Bergères, who dance pratically naked at variety shows at 8hPM.

There is also the fact that there are probably more nudist resorts in France than in the USA for a population 4 times smaller, which means a popularity of nudism 4 times stronger in France than in the USA.

There are also far more nude beaches in Europe than in the USA. In France, there are hundreds of places you can go naked (woods, rivers, beaches).

At Virgin Mega on the net, the most download documatary is Vivre Nu, a documantary about naturism.

Comment

Unfortunately, Europe seems to adopt all the USA's worst traits. Soon everybody in France will be eating in MacDonalds, shaving off all their body hair and demanding a public execution if a woman dares to show a nipple!

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Petrus:
                          Unfortunately, Europe seems to adopt all the USA's worst traits. Soon everybody in France will be eating in MacDonalds, ....

There are 1035 McDonalds restaurants in France.

See;
                          http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=927062006

Comment

I was staying in a Hotel in Atlanta and a group of Italian tourists came down to the pool. Not seeing a changing area, they promptly proceeded to change into their swimsuits by the pool. One of them was a particularly pretty teenage girl. Some teenage boys (US) around the pool noticed this and told their friends, so when the Italian group came to the pool the next day they had a large audience to see if there would be a repeat. A few of the parents of the boys spoke with the management who promptly told the Italians that this wasn't allowed in the US.

Fortunately noone called the police, and the US boys didn't say or do anything inappropriate other than gather around the pool when they saw the Italians coming.

It just goes to show that there are very different cultural norms, and we should be tolerant of them.

Comment

Waaaaay back when I was in the service I had a part time job as a desk clerk in a local motel that had a pool. THere were a number of europeans that came there time to time and the women most often were topless, on occassion there were those totally nude. SOme guests complained but we allowed it and just had to give some excuse to both sides to keep both happy as best possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X