need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help

Hello there. I was wondering has there been any couples out there, where guys follow them arround all day, it happened to us this past weekend at GE and we are kind of scared, being that I am vissually impaired and my husband is not. Anyway we were in the hot tub just doing our own thing this guy sits two feet away from me, and says by the way we are neighbors. that freeked us out, we have never seen him, he is single. I can't help that I am attractive, but we have had people hovering over us for the past few times, and we are fed up with this. We would love to write a letter to the club since they let single guys in, and for the most part they are cool, its just some of them are so stupid, then again we want to keep the letter clean and we are not going to state who we are or anything. If you could offer some ideas or sugggestions. My husband and I love Glen Eden and this is our first marriage and we are so happy we get along great even though we are 20 years apart, but either way, life is great. People love us and things. If there are any couples out who can give us some hints we would love that. Thank you. Oh anyway when he said that he parked next to us and we had to move so we could be safe. I forgot to mention this earlier. We did move to another camping spot so we could get some sleep, but it still upset us.

Hello there. I was wondering has there been any couples out there, where guys follow them arround all day, it happened to us this past weekend at GE and we are kind of scared, being that I am vissually impaired and my husband is not. Anyway we were in the hot tub just doing our own thing this guy sits two feet away from me, and says by the way we are neighbors. that freeked us out, we have never seen him, he is single. I can't help that I am attractive, but we have had people hovering over us for the past few times, and we are fed up with this. We would love to write a letter to the club since they let single guys in, and for the most part they are cool, its just some of them are so stupid, then again we want to keep the letter clean and we are not going to state who we are or anything. If you could offer some ideas or sugggestions. My husband and I love Glen Eden and this is our first marriage and we are so happy we get along great even though we are 20 years apart, but either way, life is great. People love us and things. If there are any couples out who can give us some hints we would love that. Thank you. Oh anyway when he said that he parked next to us and we had to move so we could be safe. I forgot to mention this earlier. We did move to another camping spot so we could get some sleep, but it still upset us.

Comment

Sue, I don't think the marital status of people should be of any consequence. A man by himself might be married with a spouse who is reluctant to join him at Glen Eden. Glen Eden is not at fault for "letting single guys in". Their problem lies with failing to warn and if necessary, remove people who, for whatever reason do not interact respectfully with other guests. To some extent the responsibility for identifying men who stalk and harass lies with you. It's possible that Glen Eden should do more to monitor the club and its grounds, but they couldn't possibly monitor every conversation and action at all times. Most guests would find that too intrusive even if it could be accomplished.

I am afraid that an anonymous letter several days after the fact about a man whom you won't describe is not going to accomplish much. Too bad you didn't report the situation right away. Actually there have been several situations and it appears that each time you have kept silent about it. How did you expect Glen Eden to find out about these incidents if you said nothing?

If this man really is your neighbor, you should take additional precautions at home. Be alert!

My heart goes out to you and my prayers too.

Comment

Hi Sue

My wife is a somewhat reluctant nudist. She will go with me BUT she is not a nudist. She disrobes BUT when she gets up, immediately wraps.. Anyway

We have had on a couple of occasions had someone sit a little too close to her. When this happens, we change places. I sit between her and the offender. This 'body language' usually will make the offender uncomfotable enough (by the way, I am 6'2" and over 300 lbs (but dieting and doing good at it)).

Try that first. If the offender is still offending, tell him. He may just be dense. If still offending, tell club management. Trust me, they WILL do something about it.

Good luck
        Joe

Comment

I'm not sure what this guy did that you found so upsetting. Just saying he was your neighbor at the campsites isn't something to get worried about. Could you please tell us more?

And if he did do something you didn't like did you talk to the management about it when it happened? And why do you want to hide your identity from the club management?

What do you really mean when you say people were hovering over you? Were they just starting friendly conversation or actually following you around the park?

You just haven't given us enough information to give you advice at this point.

Comment

He kind of watched us for the entire day, that scared us, and when we were in the hot tub and he said by the way I am parked next to you he moved a little closer, he was two feet away from me, at that point I sat up on the ledge and I guess that was a good move. Hey thank you everyone for posting.

Comment

We have a similar problem. Single guys trying to get ANY action. It's usually not the 'shoulder area' that's doing the thinking in most cases. We usually just scootch over and hint that we're not about that or blow him off and eventually he gets the hint. Other times, we've taken him down a few pegs and he leaves.
              Sure it's not nice not to be nice but I didn't drive here and pay all that money to get accosted by someone that needs a good bag of ice.
              A thump on the nose goes a long way (figuratively speaking).

Steve

Comment

I still really don't see what caused your anxiety and you haven't said why you didn't involve the management or why you want to remain anonymous to the club.

How impaired is your vision? Could you see him staring at you? Why is looking at you scary?

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Stevedaoust:
                  [qb] Single guys trying to get ANY action.

Steve [/qb]
                  Not to mention married guys without their wives who are looking for some action, and they're mistaken for single guys.

Comment

groovy41,

Next time you go to GE and this happens to you, I would not hesitate to talk to someone in the office. This man may have been a frequent visitor, a member, or a first time visitor. They are aware of those things that make couples and the females uncomfortable and will look into your concerns.

They may have been able to put some of your fears to rest by telling you that he was just a friendly guy and that was his personality. They may not have been aware of this and would keep on eye on him for any misconduct and have him leave. At any rate, if you have some concrete reasons for someone making you uncomfortable by their actions towards you, you should at least talk to the office manager at the club and tell them your concerns.

I went to GE by myself several times. I too made some couples uncomfortable, just because I was a single man, until they got to know me. After they got to know me and we talked, I was one of the crowd. I have yet to get my wife to GE, she tends to like the resort setting more and if that's where she is comfortable being nude, then that's where we go.

Comment

Well I can't really see anything at all except when the sun is out, or when it is cloudy, it is really cool, that I can do that. We were thinking that this was his first time there, he made us feel uncomforterable, we have been going there for a year, we love it and everything, it is just that I am hot looking, some guys are nice others just seem to crowd us in, either that or stand or sit two feet away. My husband did notice that the guy was staring at me. I did not know that. Over all for the most part people are looking out for us. I think my husband has to protect me, because I am an easy target. I just want to this stop. Thanks for responding.

Comment

Groovy you really aren't addressing my questions and I've asked them twice now. You can't tell me what he did that made you feel uncomfortable nor have you said why you didn't talk with the management.

Did you ever think to ask the guy to get lost?

I'm getting the feeling that perhaps your husband is creating this atmosphere and making you afraid since you didn't know the guy was staring at you.

Comment

Hi Groovy,

If you're not really able to see well enough to know what is happening and you're relying on your husband to tell you, then I don't think he's handling the situation correctly.

He can see what's happening and he should be doing something about it, not just worrying you and doing nothing.

If he doesn't feel that it's appropriate to tell this guy to get lost, in no uncertain terms, then he should put in a verbal complaint and confirm it in writing.

"I think my husband has to protect me, because I am an easy target."

Yes, I think so too.

Comment

I think we might do that, it also worried him to that the guy was looking at us in a weird, it seems like a good idea, he is looking out for my safety, I know he did over react, afterwords, he gave me a hug and appologized, he really understands me, in fact what we are going to do next time is to out smart him and go somewhere else for a while then return to the hot tub later. Thank you guys, you are awesome. I have gotten over this.

Comment

Working...
                            X