Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will rising gas prices affect your naturist activities this summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• texan1847
    replied
    I will ride a bicycle, its 80 miles each way but you got to do what you got to do.

Leave a comment:

• Sanslines
    replied
    Gas is already at $3.69 to $3.74 here. Not much of an increase is needed to get the price to $4.00 per gallon. We should break $4.00 easily by Memorial Day. Prices will go up again today as there is more 'fog in the shipping lanes'. Motor on!

Leave a comment:

• usuallylurk
    replied
    Economists, oil industry analysts, and even OPEC will tell you that there is no fundamental reason for oil to be over the $55-60 barrel level.

This is going to break at some point in time. Yes, some speculators will lose a lot of money.

Boo hoo.

But, there's a downside to a price break. It will halt the drive for alternative fuel implementation, people will say "Whew!" and go out and buy that guzzler, and at $2.50 a gallon, they won't change their behavior.

Leave a comment:

• fre2bnude
    replied
    You're complaining, have you seen the price of fuel in the UK it's about double what you pay in the US. Admittedly ours is a smaller country and we don't have to travel the distances that you do, but it still seems that we'll soon need a bank loan to fill the tank!!

Leave a comment:

• Bobby Hill
    replied
    Sadly, yes. uhhhh! I'm mad @ GWBDC !

Leave a comment:

• Sanslines
    replied
    Oil Prices were speculated higher today and reached close to $120 per barrel before dropping a bit. The reason given for the higher price today was that there was 'fog in the shipping lanes'. lol.......lol what kinds of crazy excuses will they dream up next???

Leave a comment:

• Edmontonnudist
    replied
    You gotta get a Jetta!

Diesel is $1.15/litre,$4.37/US gallon/$5.22/Imperial Gallon. Starting to get pricey!

But this wont stop me,my Jetta gets 60MPG on the Highway!

Leave a comment:

• dakref
    replied
    If fuel prices get worse it certainly will. I don't have a very fuel efficient vehicle and would have to drive over an hour to the beach. What really sucks is there is really no valid reason this should be happening. Heard part of it is to force more use of ethonol, which is another horror story in itself.

Leave a comment:

• Garden
    replied
    For us it means that our very private backyard will be used alot more instead of traveling.

Maybe more nudists will creat a private space at home to enjoy their day. Maybe that time will be with fellow nudist living close them. Your own private resort with no travel costs.

Garden

Leave a comment:

• Sanslines
    replied
    Originally posted by MoonShadow View Post
    Hopefully, we will never see another depression. In today's times, such would see violence like none before; definitely, unlike the depression of the 30s.

The answer IS change behavior. Change driving habits, buy smaller more gas efficient cars, demand them from the automakers, encourage mass transit options in area cities and towns, reduce and demand companies to use less packaging. I mean how many of us would like to see the "blister package" OFF the shelfs. It takes a machete to open those things!

Changing our behavior does not change our standard of living either. It just means we use less.
    Most people associate using less with a lower standard of living. The phrase "he or she who dies with the most toys wins" is still highly applicable. The point about a depression is that it seems that nothing short of a depression will wake up enough people to change for the good of the country. We still very much live in the 'ME' generation phase as in "what's in it for me". Most people will only be concerned about themselves and ignore the larger picture.

Leave a comment:

• nudenwv
    replied
    my buddy and i plan on share a nude ride!

Leave a comment:

• MoonShadow
    replied
    Hopefully, we will never see another depression. In today's times, such would see violence like none before; definitely, unlike the depression of the 30s.

The answer IS change behavior. Change driving habits, buy smaller more gas efficient cars, demand them from the automakers, encourage mass transit options in area cities and towns, reduce and demand companies to use less packaging. I mean how many of us would like to see the "blister package" OFF the shelfs. It takes a machete to open those things!

Changing our behavior does not change our standard of living either. It just means we use less.

Leave a comment:

• usuallylurk
    replied
    I agree.... when I was in college, I didn't have a lot of money .. so even my 21 mpg Comet -- when gas was 30 cents -- was driven conservatively.

Over the years, my views changed, and I had a "hippie van" and always had a passenger car -- a big V6 or V8. My last "big car" was a 1987 Olds Cutlass Supreme V8 - luxury, comfort, and - 26 MPG on the highway, although in-town gas mileage sucked.

When the little one left for college -- it was time for a change. She drove that car for several months, sold it and bought a Golf. I bought a Grand Am 4-cylinder, which got around 24 all around. The next two cars were Saturn SL2 (30 all around) and Saturn ION (29 all around).

I don't need "big". And I can afford a bigger car, an SUV, etc. etc. but there isn't a need for it. I often find myself in Boston, and the car is perfect for parking on the street. At this stage of my life, investment is important and roughly 2/3 of my income is invested -- 401k, Roth, personal investment fund, and dividend-paying stocks.

What I don't spend now is going to directly have an effect as to how I live in retirement ... so ... with the smaller car, I can go to more events and do more and it doesn't break me.

Leave a comment:

• Sanslines
    replied
    Originally posted by usuallylurk View Post
    --- THIS WILL BREAK. But people will not break their attitudes or habits. And if oil goes back to the $50/barrel level as some predict it will -- it will merely reinforce the guzzler mentality, and we will be caught in another cycle of dependency and indifference over it.
    Perhaps the ONLY thing that will wake people up and get them to change their habits is another serious depression. Those who lived through the depression of the 1930's learned what real hardship was all about and were thus able to put everything into perspective and enjoy the little things in life. They did not feel entitled to luxury as they were too busy just trying to survive.
    Last edited by Sanslines; 04-20-2008, 07:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• toadfish327
    replied
    Will rising gas prices affect your naturist activities this summer?

These prices will definately slow my nude travels down this year. The nearest resort that allows single males is about 130 miles one way for me. Even in my gas sipping 11 your old car, that is pretty pricey when you facor in the time spent on the road vs. the time spent relaxing. Even if the wife would participate, the nearest resort is still about 80 or 90 miles away, making a day trip difficult at best with limited time. Look like I'll spend most of the summer tanning nude out on the deck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X