Would this be inconsiderate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this be inconsiderate?

My 2 kids have seen me nude hundereds of times. They know have both moved out and said they don't want to see dear old dad nude anymore as they don't live as nudists. I have no problem with that and had said when you come over for a visit call first and I will get dressed before you get here. At first they did this with no problems. Lately my daughter, either with or without her boyfriend, will just knock and come in. My son either with or without his girlfriend will just come right in. They usually use the back door giving me a few seconds to run to bedroom to coverup. I am getting very upset and think this is not respecting our wishes. I am considering telling my wife that I will tell them in the future when they come over , No call No clothes. I don't feel I should have to run to get dressed to accomadate their feelings because I don't feel they respect mine and don't adhere to my rules. Its like I have no privacy in my own home.

Lock the doors and change the locks if necessary! They should be respecting your request...it is YOUR home and your right to be nude there as you please.

Comment

Everyone I know, knows I am a nudist and that I am nude 100% of the time when I am at home. Most don't care if I am nude, but the ones that it bothers I tell to knock and give me a second to put something on. Sometimes they forget and just come on in, and it is their fault if they see me nude.

I am not being unreasonable, but it is my home not theirs. My door will never be locked in the daytime, because of all the friends I have that it does'nt offend are welcome to walk in.

Your friend,
      Randy

Comment

why do they want to be surprised?

If they don't want to see you, I'm surprised they don't want to comply with your request for the call. Maybe you shouldn't even run to cover up if they don't provide advance notice. I can appreciate your problem...my two daughters have returned from college and don't want to see dad naked around the house. Its really cramping my style!!

Comment

You should not have to run for cover; issuing a "fair warning" is absolutely within your rights. A home nudist friend of mine, whose kids were contantly "in and out" of the house devised a simple process. She kept a towel or T-shirt handy and within reach; whether in the kitchen, the living room or by the pool. If she heard the front door open, she could throw either on within a second. If it was one of her kids (she wouldn't even bother if it was her husband), she would simply issue a "fair warning": "Well, I'm going to do some gardening" or "I'm going back to swimming." Her kids knew what that meant: she was about to get nude; and it was her kids' choice to either buzz off, retire to their bedroom or stay put in the living room and not look out the back window. Her oldest son was adverse to his mother's nudity, so he would opt to hang out in his bedroom and wait until Mom was good and ready to put some clothes on. Her daughter wasn't adverse and would simply warn her friends that "if you come over, there is a good chance you'll see my Mom nude. And since I plan on getting in the pool, unless you object, there is a good chance I'll be going nude with her!" ( I was there when this conversation took place, and the look on her friend's face was unforgettable!shocked)

My stepmom had a similar stance. She was a morning nudist of sorts (although she never thought of herself that way), and if my stepsister or myself dropped by unexpectedly in the morning, we knew dern well that if she was in the den, she was probably nude. And we respected that. No reason at all your kids can't do the same.

Simply designate some areas of the house as clothing-optional, and warn your kids that there is a solid chance you'd be nude there. That allows them to avoid your nudity if they so choose, while reinforcing the fact that it's your home, and you can do what you darn well please there.

Comment

Since you told them to call first, and they did that for a while, they shouldn't be surprised at what they see if they just walk right in.

Comment

Your home, your rules, period.

Comment

Hi,
                I agree with the consensus, it is your house , they may be family but they are visitors, if they don't have the courtesy to call, then why should you have the courtesy to put cloths on. These people are being more than a little foolish. It might be best to tell them so.
                Cheers
                Mick

Comment

Hi

I second that. Your house, your rules.

Our children, even though raised as nudists (4 of the 7 of them), are not nudists, but except our nudity. Our family, friends and neighbours know that we're nudists. We answer the front door covered, you never know who it will be. Visitors who except nudity, knock and say, "It's OK it's just me/us."

Occasionally we've had to tell some of our children, that if you can't follow the system, then what you see is your problem.

By the way my father(88) and step-mom(90) have always excepted us as nudists, and even visited us when we lived at a club. The opinions of my siblings (9 of them), range from "that's wrong" to "so what".

Comment

It's your home PapaNudist. The kids know the rules. If they choose not to follow them, they don't have grounds for a complaint.

Comment

I agree with everyone else--your home, your rules. If someone calls ahead and you need to get dressed, OK. If they just walk in knowing you are nude--too bad.

Comment

The kids are not being considerate of you and your desire to live in your home as you choose to. You have warned them so you have no reason to be shy or run for cover when they show up unannounced. I do feel that if they are uncomfortable with you being nude while they are there then you should indeed cover up. But I would not "run for cover" when they show up. My daughter knows that if she stops in unannounced then she is most likely going to meet me nude so she makes sure that she calls first or rings the bell before coming in. If your kids don't want to follow these simple rules then they get to see you naked. I would simply greet them and tell them that you did not expect company and if they had called first you would have gotten dressed but, since you did not call first then you caught me by suprise. Give me a minute and I will go get a cover up. I bet that after A couple meet and greets with them and their friends in this calm rational manner they will soon get the message and announce their visits well in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle59 View Post
                          The kids are not being considerate of you and your desire to live in your home as you choose to. You have warned them so you have no reason to be shy or run for cover when they show up unannounced. I do feel that if they are uncomfortable with you being nude while they are there then you should indeed cover up. But I would not "run for cover" when they show up. My daughter knows that if she stops in unannounced then she is most likely going to meet me nude so she makes sure that she calls first or rings the bell before coming in. If your kids don't want to follow these simple rules then they get to see you naked. I would simply greet them and tell them that you did not expect company and if they had called first you would have gotten dressed but, since you did not call first then you caught me by suprise. Give me a minute and I will go get a cover up. I bet that after A couple meet and greets with them and their friends in this calm rational manner they will soon get the message and announce their visits well in advance.
                          Yes, exactly! Nothing teaches a kid not to crash a room (or in your case, house) better than them catching you doing something that they really don't want to see! It cures them pretty fast! I think you should take eagle's advice... it's perfect! They'll be knocking on the door in no time!

The only ones being inconsiderate are your kids. I think everyone here agrees with that! :-)

Comment

Update.

We are in the process of fixing up our 120 year old home and had already changed the front door due to wear. When we did this we changed the locks on the back door so both can be used with one key. I had given both kids keys so when we go away for the weekend they can take care of our dogs. I have seen both kids since starting this post and reminded them of my rules. I said once again you have been warned! They both replyed ok dad we will call. We'll see what happens, I swear some kids have selective memory as well as selective hearing.

Comment

good for you, papanudist. hope it works out well.

keep us posted!

Comment

Working...
                              X