acecptance of nudity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acecptance of nudity

on i scale of 1-100 what would you say the general public acceptance of nudity is
    note lets say that when you were born it was 50 .
    0%
    0.78%
    10%
    7.03%
    20%
    12.50%
    30%
    13.28%
    40%
    15.63%
    50%
    14.06%
    60%
    10.94%
    70%
    8.59%
    80%
    9.38%
    90%
    2.34%
    100%
    5.47%

The poll is expired.

Can you rephrase that Ranul? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Joe

Comment

In Australia I think that the majority of people couldn't care less if they saw nude people on a beach or streaking on an oval or bike riding, walking etc BUT the percentage of people that would actually strip off themselves is small.

I think the acceptance level would drop substantially if they saw nude people in a shopping centre of restaurant.

Comment

do you think the general public is more or less accepting of nudity in your life time.
        where 50 is what it was when you are born .

Comment

Thanks, for trying to clarify it, but you just restated the same thing.

Accepting of nudity? Where? At the YMCA? Most assuredly, there is less acceptance now. While skinny dipping in a lake or river? Probably less, especially since back then, skinny dipping would have generally been same-sex. Other than those examples and a few specialized events such as the World Naked Bike Ride, I can't think of a situation where the general public would be accepting of nudity, then (1960 for me) or now.

Joe

Comment

A difficult poll to participate in for me, it would only be my perception and as I'm in the UK it would be markedly different to the US perception.

I'll sit this one out thanks.

Pete Knight

Comment

Originally posted by Pete Knight View Post
              A difficult poll to participate in for me, it would only be my perception and as I'm in the UK it would be markedly different to the US perception.

I'll sit this one out thanks.

Pete Knight
              every one taked part in this poll would be answering from there perception and why not get points of view from uk and other countries as well

Comment

Originally posted by ranul View Post
                every one taked part in this poll would be answering from there perception and why not get points of view from uk and other countries as well
                I fail to see the benefit of the results if it doesn't reflect the attitudes in one particular country, the results are no use to me in the UK if they are predominantly North American input, and European attitudes will mask the true attitudes prevailing in North America.

For the USA a state by state survey would be of great benefit, but to be of real benefit we need to view the attitudes of non-naturists, the perceptions of nudists aren't really of any benefit, for example, a closet nudist isn't going to know the attitudes of his/her family and/or colleagues, whereas an open naturist will know the opinions of all those that know of his lifestyle choice.

I'd love to think that this poll could be of some use but quite honestly I don't think it paints a true picture, therefore I'll remain on the sidelines.

Pete Knight

Comment

Sadly to say I would guess about 20% maybe in the US...

Comment

I'm still seeing the public's reaction to nudity as a perversion or some type of stunt, not normal in any way.

Comment

public acceptance of nudsim

I am not sure just what this poll shows, at is almost 50/50 I think is should be worded better to clarify the positions.

Comment

I didn't answer the poll, partly because I wasn't sure how to interpret it and, more importantly, because I find it hard to determine public acceptance. Public acceptance of nudity in the US seems to be a seesaw. I feel hopeful when I see signs that maybe the public is becoming more open and accepting, then I see other signs that the public is becoming more intolerant, close-minded, and puritanical. In my view, public acceptance of nudity is a quagmire.

Comment

Rick_42

In my view, public acceptance of nudity is a quagmire
                          It is a quagmire. But nudists need to ask themselves what level of acceptance they want from the non-nudist public. If they want the public to accept that there should be plenty of places set aside for nudism, that's reasonable and achievable. If they want an end to the stigma which some nudists suffer if they are ever "outed" as nudists, then that, too, is reasonable. If they want the public to accept nakedness in non-nudist public places, then that's an entirely different matter and it is not reasonable for a minority to demand such acceptance.

Stu

Comment

Re: acecptance of nudity

Public acceptance of nudity, I believe, would depend on where their seeing nudists. In a secluded camp ground probably, in Wal-Mart, I think not.

Comment

Re: acecptance of nudity

My vote is 50% because the question seemed ambiguous. There are several factors to determine when it comes to nudity and the general public, like age, when, where, etc.
                              Last edited by malia; 08-16-2009, 03:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X