Ethnic groups in naturism ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethnic groups in naturism ?

I was just wondering, why all the beautiful photos on clothesfree.com show nude people of european/western pale type. In the united states for example: are there no black people joining the naturist society ?

I was just wondering, why all the beautiful photos on clothesfree.com show nude people of european/western pale type. In the united states for example: are there no black people joining the naturist society ?

Comment

quote:
      Originally posted by Pantsfree:

They do join, but not in proportion to their numbers in the population at large.

Comment

The fastest growing ethnic group in nudism is hispanic. African-american males are not that uncommon, although relatively rare. African-american females are very rare (for some people, my wife has been the only black female they've ever met at a nudist resort.)

Contrary to Whitestoke's more optimistic viewpoint, I don't think that'll ever change.

Comment

The local club here has mix of folks.

Comment

Definately the demographic of a nudist resort does not match the demographic of the general population. There greatest shortage seems to be in the asians. I'd like to see more africican americans too. Spanish....it's true they are increasing, but they are increasing in the general population of this country too, and the resorts definately don't match the ratios seen elsewhere.

Comment

quote:
              There greatest shortage seems to be in the asians

In my years of nudism, I've only seen one asian family (I think Korean). The father, mother and two late-teen daughters. They all went nude except for the eldest daughter who went topless. I felt as if I had just seen a UFO. A rare sighting indeed!

Comment

This subject has come up before and if I remember right there was all kinds of discussion on how much influence a persons culture has on their decision to be a nudist.

I think it has a tremendous bearing on it. We are who we are because of the influence of our upbringing. I have seen several black men at nudist venues and a few black women not many though. I agree that the most numerous ethnic group in nudism are the Hispanics. Some of that is due to my living in Southern Ca. Asians are rare but I have seen a few, mostly young couples. At the beach I go to there is always a group of Asian fishermen (clothed) on the nude side of the beach. I guess the fish must bite better on that side, LOL!

Anyway, I would like to know from some of our minority nudists on this site how or if we can do anything to increase their numbers? Any thoughts?

Comment

I know a fair number of black nudists, and several asians, but there are not very many hispanic nudists in the Ohio/Michigan border area. And even though we have a very large Arab community, they are not represented among the nudists - and it is not because of religion - we do have a sizable Moslem community, but most of the local Arabs are Christian.

I would note that a fairly large proportion of the non-white nudists are part of mixed couples.

-Mark

Comment

quote:
                    Anyway, I would like to know from some of our minority nudists on this site how or if we can do anything to increase their numbers? Any thoughts?

This was the topic of Whitestoke's thread: "Bridging the Gap."

We never really did reach a conclusion...

Comment

I suspect that in some ethnic groups, the jump to household nudism is not easily achieved because the extended family shares a domicile much more frequently and there is consequently more social pressure on any young couples who want to try home nudity.

I have some Asian relatives and they are seldom alone in a nuclear family setting, more often they are meeting in one another's homes.

Comment

quote:
                        Originally posted by Pantsfree:

Well, I have memebership to TNS, as well as AANR and as you can see from my avatar, that I am also Afro-American as well. The first thing must we understand about race, color or culture difference within naturism, is how ethnic groups, view it. Most of the time, they are viewing it from the outside looking in and seeing a large majority of caucasians involve with it. That alone is a very big barrier itself. But Rome wasn't build in a day, so you never know what the future, made have for ethnic groups becoming more involve with naturism.

whitestokes.

Comment

Working...
                        X