Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conversation with a friend about nudism.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conversation with a friend about nudism.

This conversation took place on AIM:

ME [1:07 P.M.]: do you know anything about nudist resorts?
    HIM [1:08 P.M.]: uhhh
    HIM [1:08 P.M.]: sami and i went to a nudist beach to surf one time
    ME [1:08 P.M.]: not a beach though, a resort
    HIM [1:08 P.M.]: nah iono
    ME [1:09 P.M.]: there is one out in wilton
    ME [1:09 P.M.]: i've been once but only to the door. back in '01 or '02
    HIM [1:09 P.M.]: haha
    ME [1:09 P.M.]: there is nothing sexual about it. you'll have to read about it more on your own, but yeah i'm interested in going again
    HIM [1:10 P.M.]: yeah.. can't for see that as something i'd want to try.. unless witha particularly pretty girl
    HIM [1:10 P.M.]: haha
    HIM [1:10 P.M.]: ok man
    ME [1:10 P.M.]: my friend april and i went but they were having some sort of big celebration that weekend so they didn't let us in
    HIM [1:10 P.M.]: im not very comfortable with nudity
    ME [1:11 P.M.]: like that right there, you'll only go with a pretty girl, its nothing about that. its non sexual. majority of nudist are retired people, or gay males
    ME [1:11 P.M.]: just think of it as skinny dipping with a bunch of friends who you have no attraction to
    HIM [1:11 P.M.]: haha
    HIM [1:11 P.M.]: i can't really get down with it for some reason
    HIM [1:12 P.M.]: i wouldn't wanna see my friends naked
    ME [1:15 P.M.]: but i respect that you feel like you can't do nothing like that, but i ask you whats wrong with seeing friends naked?
    HIM [1:15 P.M.]: iono man
    HIM [1:15 P.M.]: awkwardness
    HIM [1:15 P.M.]: i think its something i'd have to get used to
    HIM [1:15 P.M.]: u know?
    ME [1:16 P.M.]: yeah, read up about it dogg, for reals its a cool experience. i've been to a nude beach before with several friends, and have been skinny dipping a lot of times. its just natural to me. can't describe a better feeling

then he changed the subject. I totally dropped it because he was uncomfortable with it. But the reason why I posted this is because this guy isn't a friend of mine, more of an acquaintance, and this is the first time that I let an acquaintance know that I'm a nudist (my friends know). Just getting used to telling random people I guess. But any comments? Oh an about my comment that "Think of it as skinny dipping with a bunch of friends that you're not attracted to," I only say that because thats how I think of it. Not saying that you can't be attracted to other nudist, but it really helps me be more comfortable.

ME [1:09 P.M.]: there is nothing sexual about it. you'll have to read about it more on your own, but yeah i'm interested in going again
    HIM [1:10 P.M.]: yeah.. can't for see that as something i'd want to try.. unless witha particularly pretty girl
    ME [1:10 P.M.]: my friend april and i went but they were having some sort of big celebration that weekend so they didn't let us in
    ME [1:11 P.M.]: like that right there, you'll only go with a pretty girl, its nothing about that. its non sexual. majority of nudist are retired people, or gay males
    ME [1:11 P.M.]: just think of it as skinny dipping with a bunch of friends who you have no attraction to
    ME [1:15 P.M.]: but i respect that you feel like you can't do nothing like that, but i ask you whats wrong with seeing friends naked?
    ME [1:16 P.M.]: yeah, read up about it dogg, for reals its a cool experience. i've been to a nude beach before with several friends, and have been skinny dipping a lot of times. its just natural to me. can't describe a better feeling

then he changed the subject. I totally dropped it because he was uncomfortable with it. But the reason why I posted this is because this guy isn't a friend of mine, more of an acquaintance, and this is the first time that I let an acquaintance know that I'm a nudist (my friends know). Just getting used to telling random people I guess. But any comments? Oh an about my comment that "Think of it as skinny dipping with a bunch of friends that you're not attracted to," I only say that because thats how I think of it. Not saying that you can't be attracted to other nudist, but it really helps me be more comfortable.

Comment

[Quote by "ME" The Shredder] on AIM Messenger
      quote:
      ME [1:11 P.M.]: like that right there, you'll only go with a pretty girl, its nothing about that. It’s non sexual. majority of nudist are retired people, or gay males

Shredder, if you have never been inside a nudist or clothing optional resort how can you assume or make a partial statement "majority of nudist are retired people, or gay males"?

Where did you get that assumption or information from?

Comment

The same place others get their information from--uninformed opinions.

Comment

um yeah, OK, well thanks for showing us how incorrect you were in your prejudiced opinions, based on what intelligent information I have no idea.

That entire IM conversation seemed a little odd to me too. You've never been to one -- but you made it as far as the front gate -- but you were telling your friend HE had to read up on the subject more ... but then you give him very off the wall and incorrect information as if you were trying to keep him from ever visiting such a resort?
          very strange.
          --s

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by NakedGary:
            [Quote by "ME" The Shredder] on AIM Messenger
            quote:
            ME [1:11 P.M.]: like that right there, you'll only go with a pretty girl, its nothing about that. It’s non sexual. majority of nudist are retired people, or gay males

Shredder, if you have never been inside a nudist or clothing optional resort how can you assume or make a partial statement "majority of nudist are retired people, or gay males"?

Where did you get that assumption or information from?

In a book I read from my the community college school library that I graduated from a few years ago. I was interested in finding whatever books I can about nudism and that information was actually recorded. True that I never set foot in, but I've read and maybe that information is incorrect. Sorry if it is. I myself have chatted with numerous nudist online and I came to believe that was true.

Comment

Of course! In a community college library on the Earth's Moon! Now it all makes sense!

Comment

maybe you can't see... Well, maybe you can... but I'm smiling real big. Thanks for the good laughs Shredder! You kill me funny man!

Hey, I'm thinking of being an astronaut next. I'm so qualified. I could lead the mission. Hell, I've read a lot about it and I've talked to friends about it a lot. and heck, am I mooning you in my avatar?
                :O

--s

Comment

Hi Shredder,

Just to say my thoughts on your question, I think part of truly accepting something is being able to say it. If you can't say it easily, then you are controlled by your fear of what others think, that is what makes such things so hard to say. So it is a good thing.

Of course, saying it online is easier than saying it to someone in real life. And telling an acquaintance is easier than someone closer. Your friends know, and that is great.

Just reading the dialogue though, I think you can tell from the start that he wasn't going to be 'enlightened' enough to try it now.

But I always go by the 'mind seeds' approach. The more something is casually (not forcefully) raised, the greater the chance that the listener might consider it normal in the future. Later he might have change, even years from now, and have the opportunity and take it.

Later some moments become important reference points for changes in your life. It is true for me for nudism (and other things).

Mountain Goat

quote:
                  Originally posted by The Shredder:

Comment

This seems to be a very normal conversation with a person who just does not or has not ever contemplated nudism.

Comment

Funny shredder---you say that most nudists are gay and old...when I go to a resort, I see families, young people my age, and peolpe of all ages. Whereever you got your info from, you need to squash that and go to a resort and see for yourself. Don't ever assume. I think we all know what it means when someone does so as in your case.

"A" for effort though on telling your friend.

Comment

Working...
                      X