"European Showerbath" minifilm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "European Showerbath" minifilm

Visions of Europe is an intersting collaboration in which 25 film directors, one from each member of the European Union, made a short five minute film on how they see the EU or the diversite of the continent.

Peter Greenaway made the UK's film, entitled European Showerbath. His film can be best described on the site, but it has a group of people, each representing a film as designated by the flag painted on each person's body, entering a shower. The size of each person is representative of the size (power) of their country.

All actors are naked, men women and children (or just child--I can only really see one girl).

It looks very interesting.

Bob S.

Visions of Europe is an intersting collaboration in which 25 film directors, one from each member of the European Union, made a short five minute film on how they see the EU or the diversite of the continent.

Peter Greenaway made the UK's film, entitled European Showerbath. His film can be best described on the site, but it has a group of people, each representing a film as designated by the flag painted on each person's body, entering a shower. The size of each person is representative of the size (power) of their country.

All actors are naked, men women and children (or just child--I can only really see one girl).

It looks very interesting.

Bob S.

Comment

Very interesting and tastefully done. None of the models seem to be the typical "beautiful" stereotypes we see in the U.S., but rather just ordinary people. I like that.....

Comment

I could never find out how to make the film play and the still pics were very dark. What am I doing wrong?

Comment

Not sure you did anything wrong. THe still pics are very dark. I could not get any movie to play, but may be a part of XP.

Comment

I suspect that every Peter Greenaway film ever made has lots of nudity. Prospero's Books, an adaptation of Shakespeare's The Tempest, is my favourite. It featured the late Sir John Gielgud who even did his own nude scene. The director's style, the spoken Shakespearian English, the vast amount of very non-sexual nudity, and the obscure musical soundtrack all conspired to keep it out of any Top Ten list - but it's on mine. I wish it was available on DVD.

Comment

I couldn't get the film to play either. Sounds very interesting though.

Comment

I don't believe the film is available on-line, y'all

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by NudePete:
                  I suspect that every Peter Greenaway film ever made has lots of nudity.

I think you're right, NudePete. The Cook, the Thief, the Wife and her Lover had full frontal scenes, as did The Pillow Book and his earlier pictures, too. Often the nude actors in his films are so matter-of-fact about it, it reminds me of what it' like at most nude clubs and resorts. Greenaway has an amazing eye and I read somewhere he is a trained fine artist(painter) prior to being a filmmaker.

This short film seems to only be available upon ordering a DVD containing all the short films.

Comment

Working...
                  X