No announcement yet.

Being naked when the doctor comes in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being naked when the doctor comes in...

Comment

Hi Joel,

Our family doctor is a female MD. The office nurse takes you into the examination room, gives you a section of sheeting like a long towel, tells you to take everything off, sit up on the table, and "the doctor will be right with you". I have never been too sure what you are supposed to do with the sheeting, so have always been sitting up on the table completely naked when the doctor comes in. She has never said anything about the sheeting, and I am nude through the entire exam. Everything seems to be fine, so I suppose the towel is for those feeling a bit more modest. And after all, the towel would have to come off anyway for the "turn your head and cough" test, so what is the point. And I'm sure she's seen it all.

Comment

If the nurse assumes that you are wearing underwear, I think that, if I were in your position, that I would inform the nurse of no underwear, but state that you do not mind taking all you clothes off anyway. Then the decision will be theirs.
        I bet they will tell you to be nude. The doctor can't give you a thorough, complete exam with all your clothes on all the time.

My doctor tells me to take off all of my clothes and lay on the exam table.

Comment

Depends on why I am there. For a check up the nurse usually tells me to take off everything but underwear and gives me a hospital gown to put on (open up the back).

Comment

Never bothered me. Or the nurses, or doctors.

Comment

I had been bitten by a spider between my legs, use your imagination. At the doctor's I noticed as they were examining me with my legs spread the nurse and doctor seems uncomfortable as I was fine with being nude I just wanted some relief from the spider bite.

JB

Comment

Theres some touch choices in this poll.

Comment

Sure...the Doctor needs a good laugh too...LOL

Comment

I told the nurse I never wore underwear, when she said to take off your clothes and sit on the table. I think I suprised her and that she was'nt expecting me to be nude, when she came back in the room, but then proceded with her routine. Hey, I told her first.
                    Nudeinbama

Comment

Hey, my doctor and nurses are shocked to see me in the office in the first place. I am rarely in there.

Being nude when they came in isn't a problem either ... they've all been to the house and our house is a nude house, residents and guests ... I mentioned Susan (one of the nurses) and her lavender bodypaint on another thread recently.

Comment

As has been said before on another forum If a nurse of doctor (male or female) has a problem with nudity, then they are in the wrong profession!

Comment

Last year, I had to see a female dermatologist concerning my eczema. She told me to strip down to my underpants and lie on the couch. I told her that I felt stupid just in underpants and would be more comfortable nude and I had patches on my thighs. She said it was perfectly alright and whilst examining me she mentioned that eczema often affected the genital area and she was able to have a good look, as she knew I was not embarrassed. Furthermore, I was going privately and not on the NHS and accordingly doctors are far more accommodating! Incidentally her treatment with steroid cream made it worse and I found nudity and lashings of moisturiser kept it in check so the exercise was a waste of money other that it gave me a fancy name for the condition!

When my sister was training to be a nurse she spent a couple of weeks on the male geriatric ward, where there was one old man who was constantly stripping naked and another one, who was always raiding the dirty laundry basket and putting on one nightshirt on top of another-despite her tender years she found the situation hilarious!

Comment

When I go to the doctors, they usually ask me to undress down to the underwear and put on a gown. I do not wear the underwear, so when the doctor comes in I am only wearing the gown. When the doctor starts to move around the gown to get a better look, I ask if it woud make it easier I would just take off the gown. This usually breaks the ice and the gown ends up on the floor for the rest of the exam. As far as seeing a doctor when they ask you to undress down to your underwear, I had one do this to me. I mentioned that I was not wearing any and I felt OK just undressing completly. This way the doctor knew what to expect when they entered the room. The last thing you want to do is to make the doctor feel uncomfortable and surprised.

Comment

My Doc says he sees many without underwear.Quite common.who knew...lol

Comment

Working...
                              X