"No Bikini" interesting movie short

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No Bikini" interesting movie short

I recently found this short movie (about 8-9 minutes) called "No Bikini" about a seven-year-old girl who gets a bikini she hated because it didn't fit for her summer swimming lessons. She tried to complain to her mother, but her mother tried to convince her to give it a try.

When she got to the pool, however, she just chose not to wear the ill-fitting top. Nobody ever questioned her thinking she, Robin, was a boy. Her mother never comes to her practices so she never realizes what happens until she gets the report at the end inviting her "son" to return the next summer.

At the end, in response to her mother accusing her of going around half naked, the narration (an adult female voice speaking for Robin) states that she never felt naked.

Bob S.

Re: "No Bikini" interesting movie short

I've always felt that little girls wearing bikini tops were funny to begin with. Their chests look identical to boys'. There was recently a minor furvor in Australia for showing a topfree 6 year old's nipples in a picture.

Comment

I remember when I was little and taking swimming lessons at the YMCA, there was a girl who was swimming without a top. A couple of the boys (myself included) giggled at a girl going topless. One of the female instructors asked us why we thought it was funny. None of us could give a good answer and she told us it was no big deal. I am glad she did. I wish more people could share that opinion/

Comment

There has been a couple times where I have let one of my young girls walk the street with me while naked up top. I did get some looks but hey, she doesn't even have any breasts as she is too young.

Comment

We were visiting family in NC and went to the beach with them and another couple, The other couples little girl (4 or so) wore no top. My daughters who are all in their 20s were commenting "good for her". I loved their reaction.

Comment

I can't imagine a girl without a top being suspected of being a boy.

Comment

I "passed" in the other direction. I was told that when I was real little (3, 4?) that I had such curly hair (my dad said it was almost Shirley Temple ringlets) that mom could put me in a blue shirt with footballs on it and people would say "what a cute girl". Oh well. On topic a few years ago when my girl was about 6 we were running and I tucked my shirt in my shorts and she did the same. She asked if it was o.k. and I explained that technically there was a rule against it but it was a dumb rule and no one would mind a little kid doing that but a grown woman would get in trouble. She ran like that for a while and then put her shirt back on. I hope that's a positive sign, I'd love to be raising a little activist.

Comment

Originally posted by jon71 View Post
                ... we were running and I tucked my shirt in my shorts and she did the same.
                Huh..? What is the rule against tucking her shirt in?

Comment

steve-o i'm assuming he meant he took his shirt off and tucked it into his shorts

Comment

ah, OK. gotcha.

Comment

But back to the movie, does anyone have a site where the movie can be seen? or downloaded?

Dave

Comment

Never mind, I found it.

Dave

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention that you can find the entire movie on YouTube. Just search for "no bikini"

Dave

Comment

cute movie. And yes, I meant to say we tucked our shirts into our shorts and ran bare chested.

Comment

I cant find it! Can anyone put a link to it on here?

Comment

Working...
                              X