Is there REALLY a blacklist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there REALLY a blacklist?

I always hear of a supposed "blacklist" that resorts use to keep undesirables out. But, is there really one?

If there isn't, why not make a public web site where resorts can submit names and identifying information when they are kicked out of their resort for bad behavior? All of the resorts and even non-landed clubs have access to the Web nowadays. It'd be no problem for them to look up a new visitor on a website as part of the registration process.

Does anyone have anything like this? Thoughts?

Stay nude.

bg

I always hear of a supposed "blacklist" that resorts use to keep undesirables out. But, is there really one?

If there isn't, why not make a public web site where resorts can submit names and identifying information when they are kicked out of their resort for bad behavior? All of the resorts and even non-landed clubs have access to the Web nowadays. It'd be no problem for them to look up a new visitor on a website as part of the registration process.

Does anyone have anything like this? Thoughts?

Stay nude.

bg

Comment

Yes, This list would probably be X-Rated!

Any client, customer information is held in strict confidence, due to privacy clauses by the individual resorts in keeping, maintaining or information they find in data bases or searches.

Link to FBI's listed States databases on sexual and child offenders and criminals

Comment

I wouldn't go as far as to say they are X rated, but I'm sure resorts do have some sort of list to keep the 'garbage' out (policy breakers). And I agree that list is on hand and is kept private, for obvious reasons.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by brainyguy9999:

Rest assured -- if you did something greviously wrong at a nudist park, the word gets around.

Comment

They probably have an AANR kept Data base that only certified and sanctioned resorts and non-landed clubs have access to. All they need to do is sign on and list an offender name address, and some form of ID which they already have like Drivers License #. Then all clubs have access to that particular persons ban info. or listing as do not admit.

Comment

I think Gary is right.

I know even clubs that have no restrictions on single men etc. are very vigorous in making sure everyone who comes in is properly registered and has some form of valid identification. We need to do this in order to keep out people who may come in for the wrong reasons. Give everyone a chance sure but keep an eye on them. That way if they do get seriously out of line show them the door and put a red flag next to their name and pass on this info to other clubs.

Before anyone thinks I am advocating for tossing someone on rumor alone or because he sat down without a towel no that's not what I mean. I mean harassing others making lewd comments or gestures stuff that would be considered sexual harassment in non- nudist settings as well.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by NudeAl:
                I think Gary is right.

I know even clubs that have no restrictions on single men etc. are very vigorous in making sure everyone who comes in is properly registered and has some form of valid identification. We need to do this in order to keep out people who may come in for the wrong reasons. Give everyone a chance sure but keep an eye on them. That way if they do get seriously out of line show them the door and put a red flag next to their name and pass on this info to other clubs.

Before anyone thinks I am advocating for tossing someone on rumor alone or because he sat down without a towel no that's not what I mean. I mean harassing others making lewd comments or gestures stuff that would be considered sexual harassment in non- nudist settings as well.

AANR does have a "Data Base" of sorts -- it is called the "AANR Caution List". It is distributed to all club owners and kept up to date.

There are also other mechanixms in place where clubs receive information about potential "bad apples"... and also clubs do check inquiries against the sex offender databases.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I think it is good that AANR keeps that information. However, what do clubs or resorts that aren't affiliated with AANR do? Do they have access to that list?

I haven't had much time to think about all of the various issues involved, but someone questioned posting personal information publicly. This is already done on an involuntary basis for the sex offender registry. That is a government mandated program to publicly list people convicted of "sex crimes".

In the case of a nudist resort blacklist online, it would be voluntary. You already sign a waiver that says that you agree to be on good behavior or risk being thrown out when you ask for admission to a resort. You already know that if you are thrown out, you will be blacklisted. Why not add a clause that notes that your name, photo, and resident state will be added to a public website if you misbehave and are thrown out? If it's voluntary, what's the problem? If you are on good behavior, you have nothing to worry about. Your privacy will remain intact.

Would this be an additional deterrent to those who consider going to a resort or club with intentions other than nude recreation? Would it make those who think "What'll they do? Kick me out? So what?". Maybe it would reduce incidents at resorts and clubs even further if we didn't have all of those one-time-offenders who "just get kicked out." The damage is done by that point, is it not?

I also wonder how the media would react to such a site. Would the headlines read "100's of sex offenders attend nudist resorts" after they see the site? Would it ultimately be spun in a negative light (perverts at nudist resorts/clubs is so rampant that they are taking extreme measures) or would it be spun in a positive light (nudists are banding together to make nudist resorts/clubs even safer from predators and sex offenders)?

There are lots of questions and, right now, I have few answers.

What are your opinions?

Thanks

Stay Nude!!

bg

Comment

Creation and maintenance of such a black list would be most dangerous to anyone who would do such a thing.

First, all reasons for a person 'earning' a place on this black list are subjective. All judgement of rules are subjective. The list itself would be very subjective thus leaving those who work the web site subject to all kinds of lawsuits. Rightfully so.

Just posting another person's mame on line could lead to a lawsuit. One must be very careful and responsible in these days of hungry lawyers and equally hungry clients.

The clubs and resorts can fend for themselves. If anything got bad enough there is always the local police that can put enough bite into a bad actor's act to stop what ever was going on.

This is one of the inherent problems to any organization where such rules come into existance which make only lawyers happy.

Comment

brainyguy9999

I do not know how clubs and resorts could possibly legally do what you say when most all have privacy and security clauses on the information they derive from you upon acceptance to visit or become a member.

All personal data is kept strictly confidential on members or visitors of AANR clubs that I know of.

Posting of personal information of anyone onto a public web site without permission would be subject to all kinds of legal problems and privacy issues.

Comment

Why is AANR's caution list any different? Just because a select few can see it? Would it be different if it was restricted to nudist resort/club operators (with any affiliation)?

I absolutely agree that posting someone's information without their permission could be illegal. However, if you give permission to post it, then it is perfectly legal.

There would need to be scrutiny as to what warrants inclusion on the list. If you are actually thrown out of the club or asked to leave due to inappropriate behavior, would that automatically qualify you? Would a detailed explanation posted online add credibility?

Just throwing things out. Thanks for the responses.

Stay nude.

bg

Comment

Resorts and clubs are a business. In the United States in every state and every instance one buys on the terms of the seller. If the seller does not agree to your terms then there can be no sale.

A person who presents behavioral terms that is not acceptable to the business can reject the sale of services/access to the club. Posting the person on a black list and then posting it on line is purely irresponsible. Just not needed.

These people will be handled on a case by case event. What is not acceptable to one club or resort may be perfectly fine to another or acceptable with some modification.

There are many solutions to this problem but posting on line is not a solution.

Comment

[Quote by "brainyguy9999]
                            quote:
                            I absolutely agree that posting someone's information without their permission could be illegal. However, if you give permission to post it, then it is perfectly legal.

brainyguy9999

What person who was thrown out of a private nudist facility for inappropriate conduct would give permission to post this information to a public accessible website?

Comment

quote:
                              Originally posted by "brainyguy9999":
                              quote:

[Quote/Reply to "brainyguy999" by "NakedGary"]

brainyguy9999

What person who was thrown out of a private nudist facility for inappropriate conduct would give permission to post this information to a public accessible website?

As I said before, if you are required to agree to it as part of the application to enter the facility in the first place, then EVERY person that gets thrown out would have already agreed to it. But, it may deter those who are going there to test the waters if there is threat of public embarassment (world-wide in this case) if they have less than wholesome intentions.

Thanks for the responses, I like to hear all of the differing opinions.

Stay nude!

bg

Comment

Working...
                              X