Banned from skinbook ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned from skinbook ???

WOW! Woke up this morning to find out I have been banned from Skinbook after being contacted on this site to join their site last year.

The Moderator Cheri Alexander didn't like the way my avatar picture I have been using since joining the site in 2008 was cropping off the top of my cowboy hat; same photo as I use on here. Said it was a headless photo??? Tried to explain it wasn't headless but she was havening none of what I was trying to explain so I reluctantly changed my photo to reply with her request.

Today I find out I can't logon as I have been banned !!! ???

Great PR / Customer Service, keep up the good work and their site is sure to keep growing...

Re: Banned from skinbook ???

There have been some strange things going on there lately. Thankfully, they backed away from their "Name and Shame" proposal. That would have been a deal breaker for me.

You're profile photo looks fine to me. Maybe Cheri considers it headless because your face can't be seen clearly. I don't know what their deal is with photos. I think there is too much emphasis on having pictures on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick_42 View Post
      T
      You're profile photo looks fine to me. Maybe Cheri considers it headless because your face can't be seen clearly. I don't know what their deal is with photos. I think there is too much emphasis on having pictures on the site.

There is way too much emphasis about having pictures on any internet site. It is wise not to post yourself on the internet. Of course, I am sure half of the pictures posted are fake anyway so why the bother? I guess I am more of a private person when it comes to the internet. I am not advertising myself. I did do a profile on this site but reluctantly.

Comment

I remember looking at skinbook and walking away. It reminded me of a meatmarket . . .

Comment

Well, the name of the site is appropriate for a meat market. LOL

Comment

They seem very arbitrary and high-handed to me and will remove (innocent) photos without warning or giving a reason. Well worth not being a member of as there are better sites around.

Comment

I had filled out an account a while back, never heard from them I left it alone, there's a saying everything happens for a reason, I don't understand why there's an issuse about putting your picture or pictures on line or when you want to join a site, its about meeting people not what you look like, and its there choice to exchange pictures if they want to later on.

Comment

The whole thing seems strange to me...If they support nudism in differnt kinds of people, then they will have to agree that not all people are comfortable with posting thier pic's right away or ever. So what. Its not about pics.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Ace View Post
                  The Moderator Cheri Alexander didn't like the way my avatar picture I have been using since joining the site in 2008 was cropping off the top of my cowboy hat.....
                  Perhaps she prefers her "hats" uncut.

Comment

Good to see I am not the only one who saw red flags all over this one.

And everyone is right about better sites being out here, this one is a prime example...

Comment

Sound like a lot of bitter people in here

Comment

Originally posted by nudiarist
                        Your profile photo must show your face, and since Skinbook crops all uploaded photos into a square, any vertical rectangular photo will lose the top and bottom. I went throught the same thing with Cheri, got a terse note telling me that I was in violation of Skinbook rules, when in fact it was the automatic cropping which was the real problem. While Cheri is one of the most high-profile nudists out there, her online persona comes across as elitist and arrogant. One other high-profile forum has permanently banned her because of her inappropriate postings.

After the "Name and Shame" blog the Skinbook admins created to "out" anyone they considered not to be true naturists, I made the very quick decision to dump Skinbook because I felt the people running it were overwhelmed and not really up to the task. I also left TrueNudists because they shifted from free to fee.

I'm currently trying out Nudist Clubhouse but am opposed to the $50 annual fee. It already costs to join TNS, AANR and CFI, plus it costs to get into nudist venues, so these fees are piling up and only serve to scare people away.

Since Nudist Clubhouse is tied to CFI and AANR there should be some sort of package deal available. Perhaps something like that is already under consideration.

TNS has a Facebook page, but there are only about 500 members and nobody has posted anything on the discussion board since August 1. AANR's message boards are equally dead.

On the Naturist Society history page is the following statement: "What you probably not see at the TNS Web site are chat areas and message boards, endless lists of Web links, daily updates--these TNS will leave to the Web sites of its members and affiliates." http://www.naturistsociety.com/NEWWe...TNSHistory.htm

It is precisely this sort of abdication of responsibility and indifference to changing technologies which is leaving TNS out of the loop when it comes to social networking. They should be leading the charge, offering their own ning network for TNS members only who can interract with each other. All these fly-by-night networks, and there seems to be a new one every week or so, are not helping naturism and nudism, they are actually creating a culture of sexualization because people can remain anonymous, and nobody really knows who's looking at their profiles.

It also should be said that this CFI forum is by the most informative, civil and true to naturist principles of anything else out there.

Bottom line is that TNS and AANR should be leading the way on the social networking front, and any efforts outside of these organizations should be entered into with some wise skepticism.
                        And now, my two cents on the deal...
                        I got thrown out of Skinbook myself (close to a year ago), because somebody objected to the fact I called those S.O.B.'s out on labeling people as "not true nudists/naturists". It's such a tired argument, to be honest.
                        I make it a point to never call somebody out that way. In a way, I'm glad they kicked me out. Gives me more time to devote to this place and the AANR boards.
                        Of course, the other reason I don't miss Skinbook is that I was tired of being hit on by guys there. I kept telling people I'm not gay, but it fell on deaf ears.
                        I don't bother anyone, and they don't bother me. Simple, isn't it??

Comment

Originally posted by Croydon View Post
                          Sound like a lot of bitter people in here
                          Can you blame us??

Comment

I guess I don't understand why the need for Skinbook. What's wrong with the facebook or myspace groups for nudism?

With a name like skinbook, it's not a place I would visit anyway.

Comment

I was banned from skinbook myself about 3months ago. I tried to find out what I did wrong but All I got for an answer was defears.

Comment

Working...
                              X