OUCH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH!!!

The other day my wife was walking (bare foot) and ran a toothpick into her foot. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] It went in about 1 inch. I got her to set down and I pulled it out. Luckily the thing didn't break off. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] After a day and a half she is fine now. I just want evryone out there to be carfull and watch your steps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

The other day my wife was walking (bare foot) and ran a toothpick into her foot. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] It went in about 1 inch. I got her to set down and I pulled it out. Luckily the thing didn't break off. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] After a day and a half she is fine now. I just want evryone out there to be carfull and watch your steps. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Comment

That's one reason I don't go barefoot outside. Besides, my feet are too tender.

Comment

If it was an inch in (especially being wood...and a possibly used toothpick), you might want to watch out for an infection. An antibiotic Prophylaxis would be a good measure. If an infection develops in a deep wound sometimes the normal signs of an infection are not evident till the infection is already well underway.

Just becareful, it's a tragedy to miss a day of nudism in exchange for being sick.

Fresh Air

Comment

I did step on a toothpick once and it did break off, but it some how worked its' way out by itself. It made it hard to walk for a while though

Comment

Tetanus Shot!!

If she hasn't had one lately it would be a good time to get one.
            Puncture wounds of any kind are what cause the tetanus bacteria to enter your body. It is a painfull and deadly disease.

Steve

Comment

Steve is right. You need to have her see her doctor about a possible tetanus shot if it's been a while.
              NuTex

Comment

I agree!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder. I usually try to wear sandals when I am out and about but sometimes I forget. Thank you.

Comment

My wife works at the local hospital. So her tetanus shot is up to date. She did go to the dr's and she looked it over and gave us some med. to rub on it. Everything is O.K. now. No redness or swelling.

Comment

Working...
                    X