If you were a moderator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were a moderator

I have nothing but respect for the moderators of this site, but I thought this would be a fun little "what if" question. If you were a moderator of this site what would you do differently? Me personally, I would not want to be a moderator. Because I'm pretty sure I would abuse my power.

I have nothing but respect for the moderators of this site, but I thought this would be a fun little "what if" question. If you were a moderator of this site what would you do differently? Me personally, I would not want to be a moderator. Because I'm pretty sure I would abuse my power.

Comment

I think I'd take a much closer look at some of the posts, and posters, in the "Young Naturists" forum.

Comment

In my case I think it would cause massive heart failure in several.

Seriously though, I would try and keep the rancor and attacking by those few who do and then accuse all others of their actions to a minimum or off the forums all together.
        Just as the present moderators try to do everyday now and they are vilified and worse by those very same ones attacking and accusing - (not wishing to have any views but their own expressed), for their efforts.

Myself and a large number of others feel the present moderators are doing a wonderful job of it, especially when considering the entire picture and not our own personal little corner of it ... the pity is not all can see the "big picture".

Oh, and tiger79, given the rampant paranoia present in society today, (unfortunately there is too much reason for some of it), I think the moderators do keep a close eye on that particular part of the forum.

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by tiger79:
          I think I'd take a much closer look at some of the posts, and posters, in the "Young Naturists" forum.

Do not think for a moment that is not happening...This is probably where most of our time is directed.

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by ercNY:
            This is probably where most of our time is directed.
            Good! It needs to be.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by ercNY:
              quote:
              Originally posted by tiger79:

Do not think for a moment that is not happening...This is probably where most of our time is directed.

Well and good since that is out in the open. I hope you have a way to monitor the PM's to any young people. Please don't answer and give anything away. I was just expressing an opinion.

Comment

I could not do it. It is a big responsability toward the site. If not well monitored it could go under real quick. Thank you guys for doing a great job!

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by simonsebs:

To answer the original question, I'd not change anything. But I'd not take the job either!

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by tinner666:
                    To answer the original question, I'd not change anything. But I'd not take the job either!

Actually Frank....Looking at your avatar you are on a roof with a hammer.....I think we could use a moderator with a hammer

Comment

I was a moderator on a forum that is now closed, the owner couldn't keep up with all the work involved.
                      I also moderated a site www.nakedwalk.org but it was invaded by the most obnoxious and offensive idiot I've ever encountered, but what finished me off was the attitude of the owner, he's almost as bad.

From my experiences I know the guys here are doing a great job, I'm glad to take a back seat these days, especially with my job taking up so much of my time.

Pete Knight

Comment

ercNY;

First of all, I appreciate the fact that I can participate in the forums without the risk of popup adds, spyware, etc. Y'all do a good job keeping that off.

I get concerned when I see admitted minors asking advice on how to be naked when their parents don't agree. Then adults provide advice. This strikes me as crossing an ethical boundary. No adult should advise children how to evade their parents' values whatever they may be.

Also, when minors are able to participate in conversations with adults, I am very concerned any time the adults make suggestions. This could put those individuals, the moderators, and forum at risk. I would hate for some angry parents to get hold of a redneck district attorney and press contributing to the delinquency charges.

Therefore, I would pay very close attention to any posts by minors on any forums. I think this is an area where there could be trouble.

Lastly, if a topic is posted to an area other than where it should be. I would like to see the moderators set the topic to read only and suggest that the topic owner open it in the right area. This will help keep the topics in the right categories.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by walter05:

I get concerned when I see admitted minors asking advice on how to be naked when their parents don't agree. Then adults provide advice. This strikes me as crossing an ethical boundary. No adult should advise children how to evade their parents' values whatever they may be.

Also, when minors are able to participate in conversations with adults, I am very concerned any time the adults make suggestions. This could put those individuals, the moderators, and forum at risk. I would hate for some angry parents to get hold of a redneck district attorney and press contributing to the delinquency charges.-------

Very good point indeed...hopefully CFI has all of these grounds covered.

Comment

Walter and Jim.....

Thanks for your input and concern. This is currently under discussion with the moderator team.

Comment

"If, (I), you were a moderator"

NO COMMENT!

Comment

Working...
                              X