Signs of getting old !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of getting old !

New Years has come and gone, as it seems to do once this time every year. And as usual, I went to the fridge, got a can of beer, and sat down on the couch to wath TV and have that beer. Then I thought better of the beer, decided that I would rather not have a beer so put it back into the fridge.

Now a case of beer will last me more than a year. For so many years, a case of beer would last aobut 3 or 4 days. WHen I moved to Va brought my keg system with me and would go thru a keg of beer, by myself, in about a month.

My! How life changes when you get old !!!!! Ha!

New Years has come and gone, as it seems to do once this time every year. And as usual, I went to the fridge, got a can of beer, and sat down on the couch to wath TV and have that beer. Then I thought better of the beer, decided that I would rather not have a beer so put it back into the fridge.

Now a case of beer will last me more than a year. For so many years, a case of beer would last aobut 3 or 4 days. WHen I moved to Va brought my keg system with me and would go thru a keg of beer, by myself, in about a month.

My! How life changes when you get old !!!!! Ha!

Comment

I found this in my list of favorites. I think it is appropriate pretty darn funny too.

http://www.goodolddogs2.com/older.html

It brought a smile to my face. Last year I emailed it to my sister on her birthday not sure if she appreciated that but I know it made her smile.

Comment

LOL NudeAl, that is pretty cute. Who cares if we don't look good naked anymore. It matters less to us now!

Comment

Thats great Thanks for sharing LOL

Comment

SURELY, SHE JOKES

Since I have gotten older I see five
            gentlemen every day. As soon as I
            Wake up, Will Power helps me out
            of bed. Then I go to see John, next
            Charlie Horse comes along. He takes
            A lot of my time and attention.
            When he leaves, Arthur Ritis shows
            Up and stays with me the rest of the
            Day . He doesn’t like to stay in one
            Place very long so he takes me from
            Joint to joint. After a busy day, I am
            Really tired and glad to go to bed
            With Ben Gay.

A Spry Senior

Comment

The Itis brothers, Burt and Arthur are friends of mine.

I suffer from chestindrawers disease, noassatall disease, selective hearing and tvrotyerbrain disease.

I remember Kennedy diddling Marylin, but don't remember what I had for lunch.

Just ain't a spry as I used to be.
              Now be a dear sonny and hand me my linament.

Comment

You know you are growing old when you decide your birthday suit needs ironing.

Comment

I am trying to not let these comments deter me from trying to think positively for my 80th birthday next month, Feb 11.

I'm having a very good time in spite of my age - thank you.

As the old 1944 wartime song says;

You've got to
                  Accent-tchu-ate the positive,
                  E-lim-my-nate the negative,
                  Latch on to the affifmative,
                  Don't mess with Mister In-between.

You've got to spread joy
                  Up to the maximum,
                  Bring gloom down to the minimum,
                  Have faith, or pandemonium
                  Li'ble to walk upon the scene.

To illustrate my last remark,
                  Johah in the whale, Noah in the Ark,
                  What did they do
                  Just when everything looked so dark?
                  "Man" they said,

"We better
                  Accent-tchu-ate the positive,
                  E-lim-my nate the negative,
                  Latch on
                  To the affirmative,
                  Don't mess with Mister In-between."

No, don't mess with Mister In-between.

From the Paramount film :Here Comes the Waves. 1944.

Comment

Stepping out of the shower at the Y, I notice that the first thing the young guys do is go to the mirror and fix their hair. The first thing the old guys do is put on skin lotion.

Wish I had enough hair left to fix . . .

gn225

Comment

Home Nudist,

Touché!

Comment

Clam, not much you can do about getting old yourself (well I guess there is at least one alternative) but there is no excuse for drinking OLD beer!
                        b.l.

Comment

A case of beer used to last me...oh about a couple of days. Now a six-pack lasts over a month.

Events that you swear happened 'just Yesterday' are infact, over thirty years old. (if not older!)

The grey is taking over whatever your natural hair color was, And you DON'T CARE!!

When everybody refers to you as "Sir". (To think if someone used to call me 'sir', I used to look over my shoulder to see if somebody important was standing behind me)

When these young whippenshhnappers keep asking about getting 'old'!

P.S. David77, Congradulations on your up coming B-day. You are just one day older than my mother!

Comment

quote:
                            Congradulations on your up coming B-day. You are just one day older than my mother!

Thanks.
                            Oh woe-is-me, that means I am old enough to be your father!

Comment

The consumption of beer, old or new, is a matter of taste. Much like the choice of religion. Is what you decide to be the right thing at that time.

Actually the greatly reduced consumption of beer has been very good for me. Just not something I needed or wanted to do all my life. And the key is WANT.

I remember those days as if they were yesterday, am very glad they were NOT yesterday. Experiences I had in war are as crisp and clear as if they happened yesterday, but am glad they were NOT yesterday.

Yet there are many good things to remember and they also seem to be as if they happened yesterday, and would be glad if they did happen yesterday, but in this life all things come to pass as does the body.

Part of life is change and we begin this from the very first breath. Is good, and the way of life on this planet.

Comment

Working...
                              X