A questions needing an answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A questions needing an answer

Why is it in the textile world that people don't believe in the nudist way of life and are always portrayed as perverts or molesters?

I have a new girlfriend who I shall keep her nameless, I told her that I am into the nudist way of life... bing that I am an open minded person, she has a 12 year old daughter and her mother doesn't believe that nudists are real people with real emotions.... She is quoted as saying "Nudity is not a natural thing and is not normal for people of this society to do."

anyway my girlfriend ended our relationship because she thinks that all nudists are pervs & molesters.

second question. How can I truly relate to her that we are not Pervs & Molesters and that nudity is not just a sexual thing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Why is it in the textile world that people don't believe in the nudist way of life and are always portrayed as perverts or molesters?

I have a new girlfriend who I shall keep her nameless, I told her that I am into the nudist way of life... bing that I am an open minded person, she has a 12 year old daughter and her mother doesn't believe that nudists are real people with real emotions.... She is quoted as saying "Nudity is not a natural thing and is not normal for people of this society to do."

anyway my girlfriend ended our relationship because she thinks that all nudists are pervs & molesters.

second question. How can I truly relate to her that we are not Pervs & Molesters and that nudity is not just a sexual thing? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Comment

She would have to be open to other lifestyles before she would attempt to see past the end of her nose. If you got her that far, take her to a nudist function or resort/beach and let her observe what really happens.

Your first question is answered by the old belief that naked=sex and might not change in our lifetime.

Comment

I'm confused [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Is it your (ex) girlfriend that thinks nudists are pervs, or her mother.

Anyway, The whole point of Dating is to find out if your compatible as a couple. Her views towards your lifestyle make it clear that you are not compatible.
        She already ended your relationship. She won't discuss nudism with you. She thinks your a pervert.
        Why would you want to continue to pursue a relationship with this person?

If you think she's worth changing your lifestyle for. Then change your lifestyle. But don't expect to be happy with the results.

Steve

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by R.M.GREENMAN2:
          [qb] She would have to be open to other lifestyles before she would attempt to see past the end of her nose. If you got her that far, take her to a nudist function or resort/beach and let her observe what really happens.

Your first question is answered by the old belief that naked=sex and might not change in our lifetime. [/qb]
          Greenman,

I have invited her to a nudist function, I wanted to take her to a nudist resort this summer, but she says she don't belong there. she can not accept her body and she has a self-esteem problem.

I was talking to her about nudity, and she brought up the fact that she has a daughter that is 12yo. and doesn't want her involved with something that could mess up her psychologically. She told me that nudity is wrong and is not at all natural.

I know that nudity is not wrong and I know that nudity is in fact natural and healthy, but she declines to agree with me.

What can I do so she can really see nudity as it is meant to be and not as the textile politicians want everyone to believe?

Comment

quote:
            Originally posted by Nude in the North:
            [qb] I'm confused [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Is it your (ex) girlfriend that thinks nudists are pervs, or her mother.

Anyway, The whole point of Dating is to find out if your compatible as a couple. Her views towards your lifestyle make it clear that you are not compatible.
            She already ended your relationship. She won't discuss nudism with you. She thinks your a pervert.
            Why would you want to continue to pursue a relationship with this person?

If you think she's worth changing your lifestyle for. Then change your lifestyle. But don't expect to be happy with the results.

Steve [/qb]
            Hi Nude in the North,

I am talking about my Girlfriend, she is the mother of her 12yo. daughter. My girl friend thinks that all nudists are Pervs & molesters... I want to show her that is untrue, and that nudity is natural as well as healthy.

Comment

Only you know if it's possible to change her mind about nudism.
              I have had problems getting certain people to understand nudism too.
              Although I have convinced very few to try it, I have atleast gotten a few to adapt to seeing me nude.
              There are those that will never accept me. One person has refused to even talk to me since I told her I was a nudist. She won't even give me a chance to explain. She had never even seen me nude. She just totally shut me out.
              Your girlfriend seems to be like that. If her mind is totally closed to the concept, I can't tell you how to get through.

Steve

Comment

Just curious but, does the girlfriend have issues with her body for some perceived physical unattractiveness?

If she ever visited a true nudist venue, (not a beach with gawkers) she would find MOST people are not fashion models.

And the daughter might find it interestingly UNsexual as well.

But some folks have this "image of perversity in nudism" so engrained that they will never be free or nude...

Comment

Leo, If you get a copy of Internaturally, towards the back there are videos/DVDs done by Helios Natura that shows a typical nudist gathering. The people in the video are Eastern European (Chzecs?).
                  Basically it is like watching someones' home videos,(boring and no real dialog) but does show people of all size,shapes,ages and genders having a ball with absolutly nothing sexual going on.

Hey! I found a use for that video after all!

If she still wants nothing to do with it or you, there are plenty of women out there that will!

Comment

Leo,
                    I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend reaction to you being a nudist.

A good video I found for my wife was "Real Women, Real Stories" by the Naturist Society.
                    web page
                    NuTex

Comment

Leo, there are just some people who will refuse to accept the truth. Your ex seems to be ojne of those people. She broke up with you simply for saying that you were a nudist. She is, at least right now, a lost cause. Those people with such closed minds cannot be convinced to change their minds.

Go out and find someone else who is more compatible with you, who will accept you for who you are and not call you a pervert with no provocation.

Bob S.

Comment

I realise it's hard to move on from a person who you have feelings for, but without compatibility, you've got nothing.
                        You can't force her to change, and you have no right to try. You can only invite her to look and listen. She has refused to do that, so you really have no option than to let her go.
                        Even if she was keen to give nudism a try, the 12 year old daughter could very well be a problem, in all sorts of ways, so the situation could very well be a blessing in disguise.
                        My way is to be very open about my attitude to nudity, and if new friends don't already know, generally they pretty soon find out.
                        I do have friends who are very reserved about their bodies, but I respect them, and expect them to respect me, and it works.
                        But no way would I attempt to build a relationship with a person like that.
                        I hope a lady soon comes along, who you can really relate to.

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by FLslimguy:
                          [qb] Just curious but, does the girlfriend have issues with her body for some perceived physical unattractiveness?

[/qb]
                          Yes she does, she is a little on the heavy side... I think she is beautiful no matter what she looks like on the outside. She is really a warm person to be around very pleasent and very caring. Until nudity is mensioned. Then she's not so nice.

Comment

I've come to the conclusion that it's impossible to change some people's mind when it comes to nudism/naturalism. For whatever reason, they won't comprehend our reasoning (??). Being single, I've recently begun going the route of searching for friend's who are like-minded. The mental energy saved by not talking 'til I'm blue in the face for someone to accompany me to a nude beach or resort can be well spent elsewhere. See what I'm sayin'?

Comment

it seems to me that if someone is opposed to nudity, that you, as a nudist, would have other huge stumbling-blocks between you. it seems that nudists are an open-minded bunch, i would think if she is so adamantly against nudism, she would be against many other things in your life as well. i say find a good open-minded girl and she will at least be accepting of you being nude even if she does not join you. thank god my wife likes to be nude, though she prefers at home nudity over the group thing. and the truth is, neither of us are super-social, so we enjoy our private nudity more than our several treks to nudist events (we are looking forward to the mid-winter fest, however).

Comment

Working...
                              X