I never woulda thunk it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never woulda thunk it!

We have lived in the same small North Texas town for about 18 years, and the same young lady has been cutting our hair all that time; since she was 19, and I was somewhat older than that. Just as background, she now has a husband, and sons ages 7 and 2.
    Not too long ago, I was getting my hair cut on a very hot day, and was the last customer, making us the only two people in the shop. After all those years, I knew that she has a sense of humor, so I made a flippant remark about how the worst part of coming to town was having to put on clothes. She asked what I meant, and I told her that when it is hot, I usually wear as little as possible, which is often nothing.
    To my surprise, she immediately replied that the same thing was the case in her house, too. They swim in the nude unless the kids have visitors, and in those cases, the boys complain bitterly about the feel of the wet swim suit chafing between their legs, and often ask quietly when the other kids will be leaving.
    She also said they shower and bathe with the door open and think nothing of walking from room to room naked. Her sons will come into the bathroom after her shower, and stand and converse happily and at length while she is naked in front of the mirror applying her makeup.
    They apparently stop short of general household nudity, like in front of the TV, or at mealtime. I haven't been able to get back in to an empty shop to continue the conversation. For instance, her 80-something father lives with them, and I would like to discuss how that affects the whole dynamic.
    The other part of the story was that before she got married, she lived by herself in a small apartment, and generally spent all her indoor time nude; sometimes her entire weekend, other than Sunday morning church.
    I don't know her husband at all, other than a couple of howdys and handshakes at the shop, so I have no idea what the response would be if I suggested that we get together for a combined family swim.
    All these years and I had no clue about all this.

We have lived in the same small North Texas town for about 18 years, and the same young lady has been cutting our hair all that time; since she was 19, and I was somewhat older than that. Just as background, she now has a husband, and sons ages 7 and 2.
    Not too long ago, I was getting my hair cut on a very hot day, and was the last customer, making us the only two people in the shop. After all those years, I knew that she has a sense of humor, so I made a flippant remark about how the worst part of coming to town was having to put on clothes. She asked what I meant, and I told her that when it is hot, I usually wear as little as possible, which is often nothing.
    To my surprise, she immediately replied that the same thing was the case in her house, too. They swim in the nude unless the kids have visitors, and in those cases, the boys complain bitterly about the feel of the wet swim suit chafing between their legs, and often ask quietly when the other kids will be leaving.
    She also said they shower and bathe with the door open and think nothing of walking from room to room naked. Her sons will come into the bathroom after her shower, and stand and converse happily and at length while she is naked in front of the mirror applying her makeup.
    They apparently stop short of general household nudity, like in front of the TV, or at mealtime. I haven't been able to get back in to an empty shop to continue the conversation. For instance, her 80-something father lives with them, and I would like to discuss how that affects the whole dynamic.
    The other part of the story was that before she got married, she lived by herself in a small apartment, and generally spent all her indoor time nude; sometimes her entire weekend, other than Sunday morning church.
    I don't know her husband at all, other than a couple of howdys and handshakes at the shop, so I have no idea what the response would be if I suggested that we get together for a combined family swim.

Comment

Same for me!

I was looking at the websites of different naturist resorts here in Quebec. I'm pretty much a stressed type of person, so I was happy to see that some resorts offer a massage service.

Low and behold, one of the massage therapists listed at a resort has the same (quite rare) name as one of my High School friends! I haven't seen him in over 10 years, but last time, he was telling me how much he was getting into Japanese culture and Zen.

I'm curious to find out if it's indeed my friend who's listed, but it would be a whale of a way to catch up on old times, don't you think?

Comment

Just goes to show that thier nudist living among us, we're everywhere. Nice story.
        Ray

Comment

quote:
          Originally posted by Macanude:

This has always been the case at: (our) house, and,- (my) house.
          Ever since I was born. And, ever since I've been on my own. At,- (my) house.

I won't have any "textileism" in (my) house.!

Comment

In my personal experience, there are actually a boatload of people who spend time nude, but wouldn't consider or declare themselves nudists. While dating my wife, I found out first hand that doors in her home where always left open, and that her and her Mom often used the bathroom together, and changed around each other. My stepmon started going nude around her house when her and my Dad became empty nesters (she told me this after I once snuck in the house and almost caught her; she subsequently requested I return my key). A friend of mine and single mother found it too inconvenient to get her and her son seperately ready every morning; so she started washing and dressing the both of them at the same time. Another friend of mine, who was breastfeeding her son, found it more convenient to just go topless or nude instead of coming in and out of her shirt and bra throughout the day. And the list goes on, with many friends and co-workers sharing with me that they do go nude at home.

Many, or most of these people, however, will never make the jump into social nudism outside of their "family sphere." But all it can take is one person to suggest taking that step. After all, it's a simple matter of taking what they're already doing at home to a more "communal" situation. I've done it on occasion, and my suggestion was always well received; but except for one of my best friends, I don't know if any of them followed through with the idea. But you never know until you actually discuss it with them.

Comment

quote:
              Originally posted by ScubaRay:
              Just goes to show that thier nudist living among us, we're everywhere. Nice story.
              Ray

Ray,

I just replied, right under your *post* to this.

Laters,
              Gregory.[email protected]

Comment

Yes, I do *agree* with you.

My family is quite the same way.

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by Nudony:
                  In my personal experience, there are actually a boatload of people who spend time nude, but wouldn't consider or declare themselves nudists. While dating my wife, I found out first hand that doors in her home where always left open, and that her and her Mom often used the bathroom together, and changed around each other. My stepmon started going nude around her house when her and my Dad became empty nesters (she told me this after I once snuck in the house and almost caught her; she subsequently requested I return my key). A friend of mine and single mother found it too inconvenient to get her and her son seperately ready every morning; so she started washing and dressing the both of them at the same time. Another friend of mine, who was breastfeeding her son, found it more convenient to just go topless or nude instead of coming in and out of her shirt and bra throughout the day. And the list goes on, with many friends and co-workers sharing with me that they do go nude at home.

Many, or most of these people, however, will never make the jump into social nudism outside of their "family sphere." But all it can take is one person to suggest taking that step. After all, it's a simple matter of taking what they're already doing at home to a more "communal" situation. I've done it on occasion, and my suggestion was always well received; but except for one of my best friends, I don't know if any of them followed through with the idea. But you never know until you actually discuss it with them.

My family is quite the same way.
                  we tend to be "clothesless",-- all of the time

Comment

Always fun to find out someone is into the same thing you are.

Comment

Working...
                    X